Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Raider IO exists because players want a way to group with, or try to at least, people of similar experience as them. If you are making a 5man group and want to push a specific key you want people with similar experience as you. This you can accomplish easily with being in a guild or having a group of friends to play with, but in case you don't you want some way to know who you're playing with. If a completely clueless person joins your run that almost never did the dungeon before, you are going to have a bad experience (or the whole group will). If there wasn't Raider IO score to "judge" ppl's experience then there would be something else to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Because its at that point that, in my opinion, you physically need to have the experience that is reflected (in general - again im sure there are people out there that buy/get carried through dungeons all the time - that's a seperate issue) by having a decent IO score. At that point in order to at least time the key you need to know some of the ins and outs of your ability on your class and be able to perform it.
    So you think someone can just waltz into a 10 with zero experience and time it?

You're just full of it mate. Experience matters at every key level, all you're basically saying here is that any content lower than what you do is trivial, which is just being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So you think someone can just waltz into a 10 with zero experience and time it?

You're just full of it mate. Experience matters at every key level, all you're basically saying here is that any content lower than what you do is trivial, which is just being a douche.
    Not what i said at all. You can be offended and whine all you like. As i said in my previous posts, i don't even fully like that IO is a thing, but it is and you either work with it or you come to off-site forums to whine and complaing like a child.

If you can't get into groups because your score is 200 and you think you're good enough to do 10+s', make your own group or shut up. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post

If you can't get into groups because your score is 200 and you think you're good enough to do 10+s', make your own group or shut up. Simple.
    I don't see where anything I've said could lead you to believe that's my situation.

I'm saying that having people with a .io score relevant to the difficulty level is just as important at lower key levels as it is at 15+. If you walk in to a 10 with a bunch of people with 500 scores you're gonna have a bad time and you are most likely not going to time the key.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-05 at 06:57 PM.

Well, no. You're only "set" until such time that other people start catching up and surpassing that score, then you have to do it all over again
    Hmm I don't think so. Recently I played my hunter alt up, last week got to ~920 score with every dungeon timed +9 which seems to be the threshhold to get into +10s. I already am very far behind the curve with that. Three +10s done intime already this week, I don't think it'll be any harder to get into groups next week.

Raider.io is a tool used to “hopefully” find decent players. The problem is some people use a system to the point of being unreasonable. Classic example would be “BoD Normal Clear – must have AOTC and 400 item level” which was a group I saw in the group finder about 2 weeks ago. Or people wanting 1100 iO for for a 7.

First off, having to pug in general can be a huge nightmare no matter what the content is. You open yourself up to players of all ranges and with the games overly inflated item level, hard to ever gauge what people can do using item level alone. In the event you have to pug, you should really consider looking at other guild options for more players you can run with.

In the rare event I use raider.io and say a +14 Underrot key, I would look at item level & raider.io score, but I am more interesting if they have done a 10-13 Underrot in time. Each dungeon is different and having experience makes It so much easier of a run.

It is more of a problem for those that start a newer toon and/or don’t have people to run with and don’t take the time to slowly build up their score. Some groups don’t even ask for it. Some people complain because they want a 10 done and don’t have the score needed. IF that is the case, pay for a run, or chain queue and do dungeons and work on your raider.io score and it won’t be an issue. Even if you have to do lower keys just to fill in the slots of a low key dungeon.

The end result is the community created it to put a numerical value on skill. Item level doesn't tell you must and there isn't a in game feature that replicates the same thing that raider.io does. it isn't perfect, but increases the odds of finding decent players.
    Last edited by dirtlits; 2019-04-05 at 08:30 PM.

... item level is not a valid filter any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And why exactly SHOULD dungeon finder do this?

A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    I'm not carrying you, child.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I'm not carrying you, child.
    wait bro you MEAN ME LINKING my TEN in time from the VERY END of LEGION doesn't get me into a CURRENT 10

<33333

taking the piss hahaha

The only people who hate i/o have a low i/o. I can see you're bad
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    Obvious bait. RaiderIO exists because the ilvl doesn't equal skill anymore and skill comes ONLY from progression (+ IQ or w/e u gotta have some base to start on ofc) so that score basically shows your dungeon progression. Think of it as an MMR for dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me raider.io is an interesting system to play. Basically the reason to play M+ is to get more Rio score. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. Judging other people just with one single number is stupid, I would use complex analysis involving his total Rio, his highest dungeon level, how many dungeons he run total, etc. What I would like to see is percentage of his runs not in-time. That's the most interesting statistics for me (if he did many keys not in time, it means that he's not a leaver; if all his keys are in-time, he's leaver and I don't want to see him in my group), but unfortunately Rio does not provide it in its addon database.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Obvious bait. RaiderIO exists because the ilvl doesn't equal skill anymore
    ilvl has never equalled skill. People have been running around in high lvl welfare PvP epics since before gearscore was even invented. What changed was timed runs where you couldn't replace people, making prescreening much more important than it previously was.

Nobody ever used ilvl as a basis for inviting to any remotely difficult content. You looked at logs, which have been available for over a decade. Logs even back then could tell you if someone knew what they were doing or if they got carried through raids for all their gear.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-05 at 09:37 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a player who only does +10 keys for weekly , it doesn't even exist lol.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I strated pushing my score in s2 and i must say there is HUGE difference between 1k and 1.8k groups. I rly understand why rio exists.

There are a lot of ppl looking for free boost. Kr +14 1600+ when they have 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    I strated pushing my score in s2 and i must say there is HUGE difference between 1k and 1.8k groups. I rly understand why rio exists.

There are a lot of ppl looking for free boost. Kr +14 1600+ when they have 1200
    You have to raise your score somehow. I'ts not looking for a "free boost" to want people with experience in the key you are doing, even if you don't.

How else do you propose that people who don't have a guild or permanent M+ group actually raise their .io score at all? Run their own key and deliberately invite low .io players to brick it for them?

Because it wants to stop people doing Mythic+ dungeons I guess, doesn't have any other useful function I can see.

If anyone understands mathematics has a close look at the feedback loop on - they will realise that skill isn't the primary driver.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    But it does the exact opposite?
    no it really doesn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And why exactly SHOULD dungeon finder do this?

A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    It exists to filter out the people who don't bother to put effort into improving their own play. Those are the people who are actually selfish build up your own keys if it's so easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    If raider.io served the purpose everyone is saying, when you roll an alt on the other faction with the same class and spec, your raider.io should copy over and it doesn't.
    I mean it does if you link your characters together on the website.

I love raider.io! Today my group was doing +10 keys to get an alt geared. We could of easily timed it with 4 of us but wanted to go faster with a 5th person, so we asked someone in the community for a DPS. A demon hunter wanted to join but he had no IO, so whatever lets go you have 400 item level. Turns out this guy has almost no experience in a dungeon. He came in as a vengeance to dps to "live longer" because healers didn't "heal" him. Without raider.io the group finder tool will be useless and everyone will just run with friends they know and trust.

You have to raise your score somehow. I'ts not looking for a "free boost" to want people with experience in the key you are doing, even if you don't.

How else do you propose that people who don't have a guild or permanent M+ group actually raise their .io score at all? Run their own key and deliberately invite low .io players to brick it for them?
    I don't have guild or permanent m+ group and i have pushed my rio without using my own key. I was joining other groups that had normal requirements, not 400above their own score.

It is "looking for free boost" or this people think that they are much better than score shows (or maybe they rly are)