View Poll Results: Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 9.40%
  • No

124 38.87%
  • Maybe

80 25.08%
  • The question should have been would next xpack saves WOW

85 26.65%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    No.

The main thing I've heard from people who quit, which also happens to be my reason, is that the gameplay and classes are just not fun. I've said it before, but I even managed to slog through WoD because I was still enjoying the actual gameplay of things like my Death Knight.

BfA is swimming in things to do compared to WoD but so many of the classes just feel awful to play. It's not even about the usual terrible balance - although it doesn't help - and they don't perform sweeping mechanical changes until the next expansion anyway.
    This right here. No matter what they add to the game at all, if my class is not fun to play, I will not enjoy anything else the game has to offer. They royally screwed overall class design/balance and game play this expansion. The GCD change is easily the number 1 deal breaker for me. Then they pruned so many abilities from classes and you actually lost power while leveling up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The game's fine, dunno what you need to save. It sure could use some fixes though like all expacs before it, and I expect that to only come by the end of the expansion. Lately they seem to do everything they should have done at the beginning on the last few patches of an expansion, just look at Legion.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's why Classic is coming out in the summer then yes?

There's a clear chunk that wants that older experience where the game actually is an RPG.
    Yeah exactly and I am a piece of that chunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I know my reasons and why I am saying the things that I am saying.
    Now a question for you, what is different from Burning Crusade and that is not simply "it's boring"?
    I assure you, I will have a counter argument for whatever you come up with.
    Good for you!
    I'm not sure I follow here?
    Do you want me to list differences between The Burning Crusade and BFA for you so that you can come up with arguments as to why these differences aren't actual differences?

No, it won't save BFA. It is "fixing" Azerite Armor apparently. Great. I've kind of stopped caring about Azerite though and happier for it. There are a lot more fundamental issues plaguing WoW right now that clearly aren't going to be addressed or can't be addressed in the patch. Yes, the question is whether or not the next expansion can save it.

8.2 could be the best thing since sliced bread, but it will be met with a resonant meh as long as classes remain this hollow, pruned husk of their former versions. The guy in my sig described it perfectly.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-04-03 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Thrall will humblebrag about how he doesn't want it [to be Warchief].
    Saurfang'll probably die or say he's 'too tired'.
    Baine will gasp for air as he plops Anduin's boot out of his mouth and say 'I'll be High King of the Horde!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sgt Hartman View Post
    I'm not sure I follow here?
    Do you want me to list differences between The Burning Crusade and BFA for you so that you can come up with arguments as to why these differences aren't actual differences?
    I said a quite simple thing. Core of WoW has been always the same.

Apart from the tree burning I am pretty much satisfied with my casual gaming in this xpac.
    I love the kaldorei xmog from the darkshore elite sets a lot and am almost complete :P
    When the Naga and azshara patch is half as good as it could be that xpac is already better than many others (including the orc expansion)
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-04-03 at 03:16 PM.
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    Jeez, I must be the only one loving this expansion! I do find warfronts boring now. Wish they would spice it up with few random surprise encounters or random rares with special drops appearing now and then.

Apart from that, yeah very happy!
    Warfronts are really boring for 2 reasons:
    - You know that you're going to win it OR you know that you don't need to do anything like follow a strategy. Same reason why LFR is so boring.
    - The Arathi warfront has a lot of downtime where you literally have to wait for NPC's to do something. The darkshore warfront is much better though.

Basically warfronts are a nice concept, but they were designed in such a way that you'll win no matter what. I am also surprised that they didn't bother to make them into temporary bg's where one side is always defending and the other one attacking like wintergrasp
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-03 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not all of it ... if Blizzard can go back to building games and stop listening to the vocal minority, then the game might be saved.
    Well I agree blizzard shouldn't cather the game for everyone which only creates contradictions in their game design and development with everyone being let down
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I said a quite simple thing. Core of WoW has been always the same.
    I feel the same way. Level your character via questing. Do dungeons along the way. Enter raiding.

So when people saying it is not the same game, I get confuse as what has changed. Granted the classes has changed but has changed every XP. Sometimes more than others.

WoW was lost to many at, or around, Cataclysm.

It was the pinnacle moment when subscriptions (subs) declined. Sure, fans say "Its always been that way". But nope. Not until Cataclysm.

Or until the later half of WotLK. Blizzard did not officially release a "sub" count that last quarter of WotLK, so graphs show an increase (when in reality it was likely a decrease [or down, then back up]). It was when the auto-LFG came out, go figure, right?

So what I'm getting at is that Wow has been having high's and lows since late WotLK / Cataclysm. But I'm noticing the highs being lower in every cycle.

Patch 8.2 may provide a little life, but I expect the new low to surpass any others. Any MAU spikes are kept secret, for advertising reasons. (because then you need to explain the lows.)

It's not even that BFA isn't a very good expansion. It's that the game has been so inundated with poor decisions over the past decade that the shit eventually is going to hit the fan. *splat*

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not all of it ... if Blizzard can go back to building games and stop listening to the vocal minority, then the game might be saved.
    If blizzard didn't listen to the "vocal minority" you would still not be able to trade Azerite armor. All I know is the actual vocal minority that said they wanted master looter gone without even the option to use it can go die in a hole. Also the people that wanted reforging and all the enchants on gear removed can go die too.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-04-04 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Close, but no cigar. The lesson is "Green Jesus knows the way, infidel."

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    At this point I hope so
    If Saurfang is caught, tried, convicted and executed, maybe.... Just maybe... BfA will be saved.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If Saurfang is caught, tried, convicted and executed, maybe.... Just maybe... BfA will be saved.
    Yeah right, rebellion against tyranny must be answered with punishment! I guess that's the same logic that brought Staufenbergs death
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

They've already definitively stated that class design won't be addressed until next expansion... so, no, it's not possible for 8.2 to save BfA from the trash heap. It's entirely possible that 8.2 makes the game somewhat enjoyable though. If the HoA revamp is a homerun and they address some of the myriad of itemization and RNG problems, sure, 8.2 might be "okay". It cannot be good, though, until classes are redesigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yeah right, rebellion against tyranny must be answered with punishment! I guess that's the same logic that brought Staufenbergs death
    The only tyranny I see, is the horror of Alliance rule, Saurfang, Baine and probably a few unnamed coconspirators are trying to implement.

If Saurfang succeed, the Horde will be hunted down and killed or put in Internment camps..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I feel the same way. Level your character via questing. Do dungeons along the way. Enter raiding.

So when people saying it is not the same game, I get confuse as what has changed. Granted the classes has changed but has changed every XP. Sometimes more than others.
    Pretty much that. PvP is also same in its core. I mean, I understand they are changing classes and some things but that is not that much of a change. We can argue if it's a fun change or not and sometimes it is and sometimes it is not, depending on the class but bottom line is that those changes have been always present.

Will 8.1 save bfa? Will 8.2 save bfa? Will 8.3 save bfa? Can the next expansion save wow? Can 9.1 save the expansion?

This is how I see the question progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Warfronts are really boring for 2 reasons:
    - You know that you're going to win it OR you know that you don't need to do anything like follow a strategy. Same reason why LFR is so boring.
    - The Arathi warfront has a lot of downtime where you literally have to wait for NPC's to do something. The darkshore warfront is much better though.

Basically warfronts are a nice concept, but they were designed in such a way that you'll win no matter what. I am also surprised that they didn't bother to make them into temporary bg's where one side is always defending and the other one attacking like wintergrasp
    Good point! I now cut down Warfronts to twice a week. I think I got all the t-mog items. Little surprises popping up on the map would be cool.

I honestly don't think BFA needs saving. I've enjoyed playing wow because I've met friends that I enjoy playing wow with. I've enjoyed the story line. Yes i'm annoyed that they lowered a holy priest's damage output by 6% in their first 'balancing' as if it didn't already take us long enough to kill pve mobs. But if i was unhappy about the name I definitely won't spend my time complaining about it. i have better stuff to do with my time.