Poll: Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, the classes are still broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    All classes still play like shit, so I doubt it. GCD on everything and less secondary scaling really takes the pace out of everything.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    All classes still play like shit, so I doubt it. GCD on everything and less secondary scaling really takes the pace out of everything.
    Yep. one of the main reasons I cant understand why devs cant see a change they made is actually worse.
    There's a situation that people are just logging in for the 400 item on Warfront/incursions and that's it.
    Wait times in LFR gone from 20 mins upto 50+

If a new expansion launches without a major class rethink they really are throwing away a brilliant chance
    to reboot things. I really am a slow player always have been but the pace has been totally stamped on

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Here we have it...the generic "fill in the blanks" response since I joined during WotLK

Dunno where you play. Just queued and got into a raid on the last day before reset, EU...weekday...00:30 am...as a dps in 17 minutes. Your anecdotal evidence vs mine
    that is very strange, My main is outland EU wonder if its just the times I've tried.
    Riversong outland horde

Bfa some weird class design and islands lol is fine it's mmo genre that is getting stale. Also today's youth want rewarding gameplay within 20 min that's mobile and br.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW can't be 'saved' in its current regime. But it also can't get any worse to be honest, there's only uphill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Here we have it...the generic "fill in the blanks" response since I joined during WotLK
    Responding to a "generic" response with the most generic response ever. Ironic

Yeah sure. It was always this way. Every criticism on BFA is just wrong. Everybody who hates BFA is just a whining bitch.

OR you stop denying that BFA was doomed since alpha and blizzard did not much to fix that.
    I played every beta since Wotlk and never was I this disappointed at the new expansion. Every expansion had new cool features that I was looking forward too. (Ok, WoDs class design was worrying too, but not as much as BFAs class design).
    Anybody with half a brain could see that something was wrong with BFA but blizzard was just abandoning it. Sometimes months without any real changes.

BFA has no real new features and is only taking away cool things.

Islands are a dead feature. Wafronts are a dead feature (I would honestly rather sit still for 20 minutes than play a warfront. They are fucking atrocious). Azerite armor is ok after they balanced it but Artifacts and legendaries were a lot better. (And yeah legendaries were also really shitty at the start of legion until they balanced them and gave us a vendor)

And the worst of all: The secondary stat change. Secondary stats is what makes most classes fun to play. Remember Woltk when everybody had like 40% crit in blue gear? That wasnt fun right? Better have 9%crit in blue gear and 11% crit with mythic raidgear. That is fun! Only to balance gear so that itemlevel is the best stat because you cannot expect some LFR dude to think about his gear and his class.
    And it has worked as intended...NOT. The secondary stats of most classes are worth double than mainstats. Good work blizzard, you only made the game less fun.
    One obvious solution would be to bring reforging back. But blizzard dont like that because its not fun for LFR dude to think about his gear. And LFR dude pays the bills. Better keep him happy with more itemlevel and warfronts he cannot lose.
    This change alone shows how blizzard has no idea anymore what is fun and this is the reason why 8.2 will not save BFA.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8.2 is just more content with the shit design philosophy, it won't change anything.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

No, it won't. 8.2 is going to be broken up into 2 or 3 different small patches that's going to make it feel just as boring and drawn out as the game currently feels.

8.2 isn't even on the PTR yet and almost every patch has been, roughly, on the PTR for 2 months before being released. That means we're looking at June in the earliest for it, most likely July before we see any bit of 8.2 live.

Even then, I'm 90% sure that 8.2 is going to be broken up into at least 2 mini patches, which will again stretch out the time between content and 9.9% sure it'll be 3 mini patches instead; the first being the Nazjatar outdoor zone with it's quests and then 1 or 2 months later the raid. Mechagon, I'm not sure if they'll release that with Nazjatar the zone or as a stand alone 1 month after Nazjatar followed by the raid 1 month after that. I'm leaning towards with the outdoor zone but this is B team Blizzard's expansion so stretching it as much as possible isn't out of the picture.

The reality is though, there just aren't enough changes being made to fix the issues that we're having with BfA as a whole. Sure, they're overhauling the Azerite system, but is that enough to completely reverse the damage it's done? I don't think so.

Oh hell to the NO. for sure

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Amazing how many people who supposedly 'quit' in the first month after release...still can't let go, and are still posting.
    And that is bad because...?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Story can't be saved anymore but like not that much ppl care bout story.
    Azerite gear was great will get even better.
    We need more content

And well, we need class balance especially on M+ since it became e-sport.

So. BfA was pretty good except for story and first raid. BoD did save that.
    And the only thing I would consider a salvation right now would be class balance towards M+ (and raids)

It can certainly redeem it's second half, but no expansion where 50% of it's lifecycle was plagued with egregious bugs, terrible design decisions, and a dearth of interesting and meaningful content / character progression can be "saved".

And no sorry, Legion does not fall into this camp.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    I can't imagine it either but then again Classic was the success it was.
    In all honesty, wow 2.0 is what's needed. A FULL reset of the game but including many of the new classes & races.

Classic was designed to perfect for a "community" feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if we see WOW 2.0 released in 5 years.
    WoW 2.0 is not the solution so long as the design philosophy doesn't change dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that it needs saving and for some it won't matter how good the patch is. Their mind is made up, it all sucks and the advent of more content is just an opportunity to reiterate that. Lines are drawn.

People that like it will continue to do so and people that don't won't. That's all fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    WoW can't be 'saved' in its current regime. But it also can't get any worse to be honest, there's only uphill from here.
    Your response is riddled with confusion. First off it doesn't need saving. More people enjoy it than don't. Second, did you know the saying of things being "uphill" means things will be difficult. It makes no sense in the context you use it. I imagine you meant "things can only go up from here" or something like that, not that it will be difficult going forward.

I have my doubts. The way I see the people I know that come and go work (as in from the guild and friends list so subjective to MY perspective) is they come in for the expansion. If it hooks them they stick around, maybe leave, but pop back up on the patches for a while in between. BFA didn't hook them. Most of those people I know bounced around the time Uldir released and most of them haven't shown up much since. BFA just had no hook for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for the new raid/mega dungeon, but outside of that there really isn't much to get excited about.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Nothing will save BfA or WoW - because the problem isn't BfA or WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

They haven't announced anything of substance yet. Literally nothing. Just big promises of how this, that and the other will get better, this time for sure!
    I lost all faith in Blizzard after WoD, I somewhat regained a little faith again after Legion, there is absolutely 0 trust and faith left after BFA. Nothing they say, promise or acknowledge has any meaning anymore. Either they do something or they don't - and since they haven't done anything yet; no, I don't see 8.2 changing anything.

Knowing Blizzard 8.2 will be another stubborn, short-sighted and ultimately flawed shot at making Azerite at least somewhat. We'll get a dungeon (which will get old in 2 weeks), we'll get a new raid (which will get old in 3 weeks), we'll get a new landmass filled with boring worldquests (which will get old in a day) and we'll get a new warfront/island (which will already be old when it's released).

Other than that, the game will still revolve around getting as many people as possible to play through Legion content so they can unlock new races to then play through classic content. Also pet battles, and tmog, and worldquests of course, all the worldquests in the world. Quality content doesn't matter anymore, quantity content is where it's at, 8.2 won't change that because Blizzard won't change.