Poll: Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    only next expansion can save it.. they're not going to make changes that are required to save it during the expansion

but again it wont happen even next expansion, judging by what they're saying during Q&A etc., and by their history

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    only next expansion can save it.. they're not going to make changes that are required to save it during the expansion

but again it wont happen even next expansion, judging by what they're saying during Q&A etc., and by their history
    I fully agree with this. Ion is far too set in his ways to realize this RNG and no vendor philosophy is only angering people. All it will be is new content with the same BROKEN SYSTEMS.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I'm so old that I remember when 8.1 was going to save BfA...

A patch is not going to solve an expansion's major problems. BfA was predicated on leveraging Legion as much as possible, and largely focusing on graphical updates / reskins to keep players entertained (in corporate terms, what is the bare minimum I can do and not lose a ton of people).

Unfortunately, while they succeeded wildly in the bare minimum that they could do, they failed hard with the not losing a ton of people part.

And, to be fair, Blizz was looking at companies like Apple who pull this off quite successfully (sorry Apple fanboys, but each iteration of the iPhone has only been incremental improvements despite Apple's claims to the contrary) to rack in big bucks off their naive customers.

The last question of the poll is most relevant. Will the next expansion bring WoW back up to where it should be (like it was in Legion)? I still posit that it will depend on how successful (or not) Diablo Immortal is. If Blizz makes big bank with DI, then the next WoW expansion will likely be as lazy as BfA. If DI doesn't do particularly well, then Blizz may have no choice but to put more serious effort into the next WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after everything Blizzard has done, I still find faith in them. So yea, I like to say hopefully, that it will, but it’s not a blind hope anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    BFA is a lost cause. Many of us realized this 1 month in and decided to not waste our time on something that'll die out fast and be replaced.
    Blizzard will use classic as a strong buffer to rework wow and develop the next expansion.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the next expansion mimics the ideal of "wow" being a world again and not just raids that your port to and zone in.
    All the mechanics of "daily this, weekly that, endless progression ,etc" will all be removed. The design of the game will get back to what it was upon classic release. A GAME... not a money printing machine.
    While I am optimistic, I don't see the team swallowing their collective prides and reverting the game back to a time when people were generally having much more fun. They have largely taken the basic RPG elements out of the game and character progression and customization and it's been replaced with rng loot, terrible class balance, and fundamental systems that are just not fun at all(IE's, WF's, & other things)

Who knows though, just have to see how what they develop.

thats a big maybe. I will for sure return for it, but it will be interesting to see if it can hold people for a long while. Late Legion were good(I liked it), so maybe that happens with BfA to.

Hopefully it wont take many months before its out. We dont know anything about 8.3 either, and thats quite strange at this point. Are they wrapping BfA up in 8.2 and a minor story content patch or will it come another major patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    No.

The main thing I've heard from people who quit, which also happens to be my reason, is that the gameplay and classes are just not fun. I've said it before, but I even managed to slog through WoD because I was still enjoying the actual gameplay of things like my Death Knight.

BfA is swimming in things to do compared to WoD but so many of the classes just feel awful to play. It's not even about the usual terrible balance - although it doesn't help - and they don't perform sweeping mechanical changes until the next expansion anyway.
    This right here. No matter what they add to the game at all, if my class is not fun to play, I will not enjoy anything else the game has to offer. They royally screwed overall class design/balance and game play this expansion. The GCD change is easily the number 1 deal breaker for me. Then they pruned so many abilities from classes and you actually lost power while leveling up.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The game's fine, dunno what you need to save. It sure could use some fixes though like all expacs before it, and I expect that to only come by the end of the expansion. Lately they seem to do everything they should have done at the beginning on the last few patches of an expansion, just look at Legion.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's why Classic is coming out in the summer then yes?

There's a clear chunk that wants that older experience where the game actually is an RPG.
    Yeah exactly and I am a piece of that chunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I know my reasons and why I am saying the things that I am saying.
    Now a question for you, what is different from Burning Crusade and that is not simply "it's boring"?
    I assure you, I will have a counter argument for whatever you come up with.
    Good for you!
    I'm not sure I follow here?
    Do you want me to list differences between The Burning Crusade and BFA for you so that you can come up with arguments as to why these differences aren't actual differences?

No, it won't save BFA. It is "fixing" Azerite Armor apparently. Great. I've kind of stopped caring about Azerite though and happier for it. There are a lot more fundamental issues plaguing WoW right now that clearly aren't going to be addressed or can't be addressed in the patch. Yes, the question is whether or not the next expansion can save it.

5+ Year Old Account
    8.2 could be the best thing since sliced bread, but it will be met with a resonant meh as long as classes remain this hollow, pruned husk of their former versions. The guy in my sig described it perfectly.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-04-03 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the tree burning I am pretty much satisfied with my casual gaming in this xpac.
    I love the kaldorei xmog from the darkshore elite sets a lot and am almost complete :P
    When the Naga and azshara patch is half as good as it could be that xpac is already better than many others (including the orc expansion)
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-04-03 at 03:16 PM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    Jeez, I must be the only one loving this expansion! I do find warfronts boring now. Wish they would spice it up with few random surprise encounters or random rares with special drops appearing now and then.

Apart from that, yeah very happy!
    Warfronts are really boring for 2 reasons:
    - You know that you're going to win it OR you know that you don't need to do anything like follow a strategy. Same reason why LFR is so boring.
    - The Arathi warfront has a lot of downtime where you literally have to wait for NPC's to do something. The darkshore warfront is much better though.

Basically warfronts are a nice concept, but they were designed in such a way that you'll win no matter what. I am also surprised that they didn't bother to make them into temporary bg's where one side is always defending and the other one attacking like wintergrasp
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-03 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not all of it ... if Blizzard can go back to building games and stop listening to the vocal minority, then the game might be saved.
    Well I agree blizzard shouldn't cather the game for everyone which only creates contradictions in their game design and development with everyone being let down
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I said a quite simple thing. Core of WoW has been always the same.
    I feel the same way. Level your character via questing. Do dungeons along the way. Enter raiding.

So when people saying it is not the same game, I get confuse as what has changed. Granted the classes has changed but has changed every XP. Sometimes more than others.

WoW was lost to many at, or around, Cataclysm.

It was the pinnacle moment when subscriptions (subs) declined. Sure, fans say "Its always been that way". But nope. Not until Cataclysm.

Or until the later half of WotLK. Blizzard did not officially release a "sub" count that last quarter of WotLK, so graphs show an increase (when in reality it was likely a decrease [or down, then back up]). It was when the auto-LFG came out, go figure, right?

So what I'm getting at is that Wow has been having high's and lows since late WotLK / Cataclysm. But I'm noticing the highs being lower in every cycle.

Patch 8.2 may provide a little life, but I expect the new low to surpass any others. Any MAU spikes are kept secret, for advertising reasons. (because then you need to explain the lows.)

It's not even that BFA isn't a very good expansion. It's that the game has been so inundated with poor decisions over the past decade that the shit eventually is going to hit the fan. *splat*

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not all of it ... if Blizzard can go back to building games and stop listening to the vocal minority, then the game might be saved.
    If blizzard didn't listen to the "vocal minority" you would still not be able to trade Azerite armor. All I know is the actual vocal minority that said they wanted master looter gone without even the option to use it can go die in a hole. Also the people that wanted reforging and all the enchants on gear removed can go die too.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-04-04 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    At this point I hope so
    If Saurfang is caught, tried, convicted and executed, maybe.... Just maybe... BfA will be saved.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If Saurfang is caught, tried, convicted and executed, maybe.... Just maybe... BfA will be saved.
    Yeah right, rebellion against tyranny must be answered with punishment! I guess that's the same logic that brought Staufenbergs death
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already definitively stated that class design won't be addressed until next expansion... so, no, it's not possible for 8.2 to save BfA from the trash heap. It's entirely possible that 8.2 makes the game somewhat enjoyable though. If the HoA revamp is a homerun and they address some of the myriad of itemization and RNG problems, sure, 8.2 might be "okay". It cannot be good, though, until classes are redesigned.