Poll: Where do you think the story will end at - War or Peace

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Interesting way of seeing things.
    imo Revenge is only good if it stops constant oppression to you.
    Revenge for the sake of..."payback"...is never a good path to follow.

I think about this stuff a lot...im constatnly conflicted...and i recently given up to rage and made a "comeback" of sorts...that may not end well for me.
    It was on the heat of the moment...im sorry i did it.

SO in my opinion revenge is only good to fight constant oppression.
    I am in the same boat as @Nathasil. As an Alliance player and nelf fan since day1 there's nothing left for me in the game. My favorite race has been degraded to an NPC race for the Horde and no retribution anywhere to be found. Let alone a new nelf capital. Devs will just dump nelves.

It will just be more war and more humiliation for Alliance imo.

Whatever the end result, I really hope we'll be able to group cross faction. That way we can move on from just having Horde vs Alliance since you can splinter the faction like in WC3, create new ones or even do something like giving the players a choice between Void or Light or stuff like that and have outdoor PvP be centered around that.

IDK, though. Once you open pandora's box, it's out forever, so I see why they'd be hesitant to move forward like that. I wish they'd lose their HvA boner, though, it makes the story comically inconsistent when you constantly have neutrals running around which you fight together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

It will just be more war and more humiliation for Alliance imo.
    Yeah, the ending cutscene for SoO was real humiliating for the Alliance. Almost as humiliating as running into a 10k year old city, kill a bunch of it's people in addition to its ruler and walk out with only 1 relevant person temporarily unable to continue fighting.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2019-04-03 at 09:43 AM.

My hope still is that the fighting will weaken the factions to the extent that both collpase to the rebuilding Black Empire. Next expansion will have the factions working together to overthrow New Black Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    I hope it will end with us destroying Azeroth for the sake of universe, it would be an interesting way to end wow.
    World of Warcraft leveling timeline is messed up (start in Cata zones go back in time to TBC zones, go back in time to WotLK zones, go back to Cata zones, etc.), lore is all over the place, and Ion even hinted at the possibility of a level squish in the future in a recent Q&A. With the whole Azeroth the baby Titan and Void Lords storyline they're doing recently, I wonder if Blizzard would be brave enough to "reset" the game by doing a level squish and having Azeroth be blown up Draenor style (Azeroth sacrifices herself to kill Void Lords?) and have us start from scratch in an Outland-like ruin. And they can keep all the old content too, accessible via time travel magic, like how you have old Tirisfal/Silithus/Darkshroe available right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    The "war - buddy against a bad guy - war - buddy against a bad guy...." cycle is ridiculous.

Make us mortal enemies or buddies but do it once for all. After teaming up against the legion it really doesn't make any sense to fight each other again, but that's my 2 cents.

Personally I suspect that Aszhara will get away and we will set sail to chase her (possibly South Seas or some undiscovered lands on the other side of Azeroth?). Sylvanas will deal with Saurfang. We know that bulk of the Zandalari fleet was untouched by Alliance raid. Kul Tiras fleet is still intact. I think that the faction war will continue, but this time it will be more naval focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurdan View Post
    World of Warcraft leveling timeline is messed up (start in Cata zones go back in time to TBC zones, go back in time to WotLK zones, go back to Cata zones, etc.), lore is all over the place, and Ion even hinted at the possibility of a level squish in the future in a recent Q&A. With the whole Azeroth the baby Titan and Void Lords storyline they're doing recently, I wonder if Blizzard would be brave enough to "reset" the game by doing a level squish and having Azeroth be blown up Draenor style (Azeroth sacrifices herself to kill Void Lords?) and have us start from scratch in an Outland-like ruin. And they can keep all the old content too, accessible via time travel magic, like how you have old Tirisfal/Silithus/Darkshroe available right now.
    Interesting idea maybe doing something like this

Starting Zone then you can choose to level through past exp zones

I imagine tensions will be high and still be at war at the end of the expansion when suddenly a wild new raid villian appears that we must temporarily ally ourselves to beat. This expansion is anything but a battle for azeroth, but just a filler expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The end story for WoW?

Most likely united tension but ensured peace as they carry the war on against X threat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The claim that we will have a definitive conclusion to the Alliance/ Horde conflict causes me to envision a world without those lines. Imagine that the Alliance / Horde both dissolve at the end. Your reputation as a Hero of Azeroth makes your character neutral with all racial factions on the other side. Now you can take those quest and build reptation working for any group you chose. It's no longer Alliance versus Horde... it's Night Elf versus Forsaken... Goblin versus Gnome... you chose which side of each of these smaller conflicts to support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, the ending cutscene for SoO was real humiliating for the Alliance. Almost as humiliating as running into a 10k year old city, kill a bunch of it's people in addition to its ruler and walk out with only 1 relevant person temporarily unable to continue fighting.
    Oh comeon, nothing really happened there. Varian made some empty threats, saved Garrosh's scalp, too iirc, Thrall wanted to kill him on the spot. Look what the righteousness of the king cost the Alliance down the line. Yeah. Pretty neat. A bunch? More like the majority of the citizens. At least Orgrimmar was still standing
    when the Alliance left it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it'll end in my lifetime. The MMO will end at some point, but the story will always be there in the form of books, movies, other game genres, etc.
    Kupo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold war, with big tension in some areas: Mostly some of the already activ Warfronts (-Mostly 1 that basically become the stage point between the Horde and the Alliance for Silvermoon, and another for the Exodar)

There cannot be peace, as pvp battlegrounds would be obsolete.

Considering Yrel is being placed as some new war hawk from the alliance and She-Thrall wants to exterminate the draenei, Talanji is angry for the murder of her father, Jaina is still mad for Theramoore, the dark irons and blood elves are shaddy af and Tyrande now is an avatar of vengeance, I can't see any scenario that involves a lasting peace, just some cease of fire because N'zoth and Azshara is doing some shit. However Sylvanas being kicked or leaving the horde is really plausible which would make any cease of fire more plausible but also Anduin needs to die to futher the plot since he is a pet character of Golden, everything he will/would do is gonna be a huge success without any consecuence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

In fact (especially the last couple of expansions) Blizzard doesn't adhere to any rules of logic and accuracy in history of this their universe (released film at own time only proved it). They're clearly not ashamed of this profanation. So, where will it go? It easily can be absolutely any direction.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Oh comeon, nothing really happened there. Varian made some empty threats, saved Garrosh's scalp, too iirc, Thrall wanted to kill him on the spot. Look what the righteousness of the king cost the Alliance down the line. Yeah. Pretty neat. A bunch? More like the majority of the citizens. At least Orgrimmar was still standing
    when the Alliance left it.
    Realistically speaking, what did you expect to happen at the end of SoO or even BoD? Vol'jin got called out during the Barrens stuff, letting him know that he's nothing without the Alliance backing him, Varian let's Vol'jin know that the Alliance won't end them, yet. It's as much of a victory that you can expect in a game like WoW, it's fairly unreasonable to see 1 faction ended or whatever it is people wanted at the end of SoO. Just like losing their actual capital is probably not gonna happen, same reason why Dazar'Alor was never gonna be destroyed or permanently taken by the Alliance. Not to mention that Teldrassil is all that's lost, Darkshore is already falling back into the hands of the Night Elves and their original home of Hyjal is still standing, just like Val'sharah is still around.

I'm not saying Alliance hasn't had losses but saying it's just gonna be more embarrassment for them is straight up disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    There cannot be peace, as pvp battlegrounds would be obsolete.
    I don't think PvP should be canon. I mean, are we actually still fighting in Pandaria, Northrend, Outland or Tol'barad? Just like I can't imagine there were a whole lot of arena battles going on during Legion, considering the world was about to end. That's ignoring obvious stuff like RBGs allowing HvH or AvA, even stuff like becoming an avenger for Avianna or champion of Ordoss and kill your allies for the wild gods' favor.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2019-04-04 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Realistically speaking, what did you expect to happen at the end of SoO or even BoD? Vol'jin got called out during the Barrens stuff, letting him know that he's nothing without the Alliance backing him, Varian let's Vol'jin know that the Alliance won't end them, yet. It's as much of a victory that you can expect in a game like WoW, it's fairly unreasonable to see 1 faction ended or whatever it is people wanted at the end of SoO. Just like losing their actual capital is probably not gonna happen, same reason why Dazar'Alor was never gonna be destroyed or permanently taken by the Alliance. Not to mention that Teldrassil is all that's lost, Darkshore is already falling back into the hands of the Night Elves and their original home of Hyjal is still standing, just like Val'sharah is still around.
    I'm not saying Alliance hasn't had losses but saying it's just gonna be more embarrassment for them is straight up disingenuous.
    Now tell me the nelf faction wasn't nearly wiped out by the Horde, and their capital destroyed... holding my breath...

I hope for War, but expect peace. Though Peace is functionally a problem for the game as a whole if it happens, because Blizzard has had us kill so many lore characters at this point, that there's hardly any left. Right now we're basically standing at a final frontier with Old Gods+Void Lords. It comes to a point in which peace would entail that there's hardly any point in having factions anymore. Because at this point the only real possible threat are each other.

I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumors about a possible WoW2, because everything is nearing exhaustion to the point that a new WoW from the ground up would revitalize it, ensure that it'd be built modern from the ground up and allow for a new start.

Other: Tentative faction peace, tensions within groupings. Far bigger threats to combat.