Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Greater Pyro Blast

Why the fuck is this shit stain of a spell not being addressed. 3s is freaking plagued by fire/destro comps and tossing out "35 of your health" bolts like free samples with a side of skill bolt and not once have I seen a blue say anything about.

I know there are a plethora of other balancing issues with other classes, but come on man it doesn't take a Blizz Dev to see that this is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes an aeon to cast, just interrupt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm aware of the cast time. In the hands on a semi competent player while supported by teammates it's not hard to Chain them.

I'm sorry but a long cast time doesn't justify a flat 35% health attack.

I love that spell, been one shoting fire mages left and center with spell reflect as a prot warrior, such fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvedder View Post
    I love that spell, been one shoting fire mages left and center with spell reflect as a prot warrior, such fun.
    any fire mage who tries to greater pyro a prot warr, and hasn't seem him use spell reflect, and doesn't even get interrupted by the prot warriors arsenal of ways to stop the cast is lower mmr than a kobold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvedder View Post
    One shotting with a reflected 35% hp spell.

no...

Imagine double fire mage or triple mage.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Why the fuck is this shit stain of a spell not being addressed. 3s is freaking plagued by fire/destro comps and tossing out "35 of your health" bolts like free samples with a side of skill bolt and not once have I seen a blue say anything about.

I know there are a plethora of other balancing issues with other classes, but come on man it doesn't take a Blizz Dev to see that this is broken.

All too accurate, it has a massive cast time, and is a very obvious spell
    its large cast time makes hiding, running, or ccing super easy...

the spell is really not that much of a problem, yes it can be annoying, but you know whats even better?
    greater pyroblast, then you spell reflect it as warrior or warlock.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-04-03 at 03:14 AM.

Love it on my DK. Nothing like copy-pasting that spell back in the mage's face, it's actually amusing how many times I've done that. Most of the time their health is low enough to get killed when I slam that spell back at them and they NEVER, EVER cancel their spell when I put Dark Simulacrum on them, must be cause of that cast time.

I agree that having 2 frontloaded casters against you makes for extremely unfun gameplay. Either you pillar through every bit of downtime and thus spend 60% of the game running around doing nothing or you fight them hoping they make a mistake, no other counterplay, really.

1 destro or 1 gpyro mage is ok. 2 casters is full cancer.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has a huge cast time and if you let mage chain cast it in your team, you're doing something terribly wrong or playing a comp that isn't nearly viable, in which case Greater Pyroblast is the least of your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

All too accurate, it has a massive cast time, and is a very obvious spell
    its large cast time makes hiding, running, or ccing super easy...

the spell is really not that much of a problem, yes it can be annoying, but you know whats even better?
    greater pyroblast, then you spell reflect it as warrior or warlock.
    Thanks for laugh, haven't seen machinima this funny in ages!

Honestly can't say I've had any issues with gpyro at all. It is easy to interrupt and takes 4 seconds to cast, just RP walk around a corner and you're safe, unless he blinks after you which then puts him in a bad spot.

Also lol at:
    1.1k rating?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the spell is designed around its insanely long cast time. That is the point.

You risk trying to cast it and when you get it off, SUPER MASSIVE DAMAGE.

It's almost like in PvP you need strategy to get things done.

Destro Lock is the bigger problem here.

You can line Greater Pyro, even if they have Shimmer and blink after you, doing that as Fire Mage is always dangerous because if you then get catch a stun out of position, you're fucked.

Destro is just freaking annoying with its Conflag Root and Havoc+Coil combo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever fight against 2 Fire Mages and a Holy Priest? It's cancer. You only have so many interrupts/CC before you run out and get 2 shotted.

I think GPy would be fine if Mages weren't able to blink while casting it. At least it would give some people a chance to pillar hump them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

not played my mage since legion, but it was fun to cast a greater pyro from a distance and then cast another one with blink so they both hit about the same time.

I've done a bit of napkin math testing on dummies, and just spamming greater pyroblast yields about the same dps as a full combustion utilizing every second global with an instant pyro, the only difference being the lack of ignite spreading to other targets. It's honestly pretty cheesy and fun to do regular BGs as a fire mage and just spam greater pyros with flamecannon while waiting for combustion.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Love my fire mage during regular bgs, can actually spam them but good luck trying to chain cast it against semi decent team in RBG. You get every interrupt in the game. Sometimes you land one and combined with other stuff, but two or three in the row? In that case they so bad, you can go afk and win.

In the case of destro as people started to discuss it in here, people that spam their usual LoS it ! interrupt it! spam around amaze me, have those guys even played arena recently ? doing some 2s on decent raiting above 2.2k mmr is basicaly chain queuing into Destro / Healer and why because they dont care about interrupts.

You interrupt fear ? -> Chaosbolt into your face 3 seconds later.
    You interrupt Chaosbolt ? -> Chaosbolt into your face 3 seconds later.

Not even mentioning that he gets off a free Chaosbolt by simply mortal coiling you every 45 seconds.

In 2s the only viable strategy is pillar humping into 90% dampening and then bumrush them with double maledict and hoping that you survive.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2019-04-05 at 11:54 AM.