Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Since we are posting fantastical stuff about the 2020 election, I want in.

As everyone knows 2020 marks the year of the great conjunction, and any president elected during the great conjunction has died in office, with the exception of Reagan, who was shot but survived, and GWB, who was thrown a live grenade that did not detonate.

This GC, marks the shift to the age of Aquarius, away from Pisces, Aquarius is the age of change, shifting, wisdom, feminine spirit and strong emotion.

So who ever wins risks dying in office, probably by Assassination, and it will signal a major change in the economic, political and social sphere.
    That....is actually rather interesting.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    If in 2020 trump loses the election, he will declare a national emergency, say there was major voter fraud, cancel the election, it will go to the court and kavanaugh will uphold it. And after he cancels the election he will use an executive order to cancel the 14th amendment which kavanaugh will also uphold, and after the 14th amendment is gone, he will take citizenship from democrats and have ICE round up democrats and democrat supporters and put them in camps, the camps will hold a concentration of his political enemies. From there without any democrats he will be free to change the constiution and get rid of elections completely. And then there will be the purge at the camps
    ...please don't tell me you actually believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed broski.
    ^ /thread

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Since we are posting fantastical stuff about the 2020 election, I want in.

As everyone knows 2020 marks the year of the great conjunction, and any president elected during the great conjunction has died in office, with the exception of Reagan, who was shot but survived, and GWB, who was thrown a live grenade that did not detonate.

This GC, marks the shift to the age of Aquarius, away from Pisces, Aquarius is the age of change, shifting, wisdom, feminine spirit and strong emotion.

So who ever wins risks dying in office, probably by Assassination, and it will signal a major change in the economic, political and social sphere.
    The Wheel of Time will keep turning. Predictions of Histories End were greatly exaggerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Wheel of Time will keep turning.
    Yeah, but I stopped reading after the third book. Once they introduced a kamehameha that causes time travel it became impossible to follow.

Nothing.

The President of the United States only has one power really, he can veto any law congress is trying to pass. That's it.

Yes, he has executive orders, but the next President can reverse all those executive orders in a single day.

Probably the worse thing is Trump will nominate 1 or 2 more Supreme Court justices.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, but I stopped reading after the third book. Once they introduced a kamehameha that causes time travel it became impossible to follow.
    I made it to Crossroads of Twilight.

Then it was 600 pages of "Nynaeve tugged her braid" and descriptions of Elayne's dresses. Like, fuck off Jordan.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Polls are meaningless.

Even if those numbers were true, I think they are still higher than what they think of liberals and other persona non grata.
    After how Trump treated Mattis, McMaster and Kelly? I'm surprised they're even that high.

7+ Year Old Account
    It did suck in the end, a tragic waste of a decent enough book series.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

you are missing out...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It did suck in the end, a tragic waste of a decent enough book series.
    What! i thought Brandon did an alright job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I made it to Crossroads of Twilight.

Then it was 600 pages of "Nynaeve tugged her braid" and descriptions of Elayne's dresses. Like, fuck off Jordan.
    That is the low point of the series for sure...but i was more frustrated with Perrin and his stupid hammer and axe flip flopping.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    After how Trump treated Mattis, McMaster and Kelly? I'm surprised they're even that high.
    Let me put it this way...

What do you think is the military and LO's "approval rating" of Democrats, liberals, and other undesirables?

It doesn't matter that "only " half of them support Trump. It's probably way more than they support the above mentioned groups. Think about that for a second.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Trump wins, leftists loose their shit and do all the things they accused the other side of doing if Trump lost.

The media will ignore the leftist violence. The media will celebrate the outright censorship of "non-conforming" oppinions that will even be stronger and more widely applied.
    I wonder if they will have a new "muh russia" or if they try to microwave reheat the old one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter that "only " half of them support Trump. It's probably way more than they support the above mentioned groups.
    It's not the gap it needs to be.

As you can see, amongst male troops, R's have the plurality, but not majority. D + I outnumber R. And there's a very real risk that Trump's unpopularity could push those two together in 2020.

Further, if Trump starts a war with Iran for ratings, that R bar becomes a sliver.

Further further, while we might be talking about the military coming to Trump's aid in this garbage fantasy of a thread, there's only 1.3 million active duty military in the US. That's a percent of the number who voted in 2016. That narrow-ass lead he has can't be counted on to save him in 2020 at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the gap it needs to be.

As you can see, amongst male troops, R's have the plurality, but not majority. D + I outnumber R. And there's a very real risk that Trump's unpopularity could push those two together in 2020.

Further, if Trump starts a war with Iran for ratings, that R bar becomes a sliver.

Further, while we might be talking about the military coming to Trump's aid in this garbage fantasy of a thread, there's only 1.3 million active duty military in the US. That's a percent of the number who voted in 2016. That narrow-ass lead he has can't be counted on to save him in 2020 at all.
    I think it is mistaken to assume the Indie voters are necessarily Centrists or Moderates, or that they make up a cohesive block. All the Indie columne is is people not registered Democrat or Republican.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    If in 2020 trump loses the election, he will declare a national emergency, say there was major voter fraud, cancel the election, it will go to the court and kavanaugh will uphold it. And after he cancels the election he will use an executive order to cancel the 14th amendment which kavanaugh will also uphold, and after the 14th amendment is gone, he will take citizenship from democrats and have ICE round up democrats and democrat supporters and put them in camps, the camps will hold a concentration of his political enemies. From there without any democrats he will be free to change the constiution and get rid of elections completely. And then there will be the purge at the camps
    It's easy to see a Handmaid's Tale ending to the Trump Dictatorship, but there are too many safety protocols in place to keep this from happening. And while Kavanaugh is Trump's man for some things, keep in mind Kavanaugh answers to no one now.

Plus, the United States would need to suffer some major attack or destructive force before we see something like marshall law imposed.

Let me put it this way...

What do you think is the military and LO's "approval rating" of Democrats, liberals, and other undesirables?

It doesn't matter that "only " half of them support Trump. It's probably way more than they support the above mentioned groups. Think about that for a second.
    They don't support Trump enough to break the law.

Furthermore, I suggest you take a course in statistics and learn how polling actually works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You having writer's block for a piece of fiction? Military isn't going to side with Trump should he attempt a coup. I'll expect him to whine in the transition of power but everyone else (including the GOP) will simply laugh.
    The GOP won't laugh. They might not ideologically agree with Trump, but he's useful for their ends: redacting checks on corporate power and placing conservative judges in the supreme court.

A defeat for Trump isn't a defeat for Trump; it's a soul crushing defeat for the GOP; an utter rebuke of everything they have denigrated themselves to and a demonstration of the abject failure of their one and only policy of appealing to the lowest common denominator. They'll have to throw out their entire playbook following Trump's defeat.

Which is absolutely why it must happen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    you are missing out...

- - - Updated - - -

What! i thought Brandon did an alright job.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the low point of the series for sure...but i was more frustrated with Perrin and his stupid hammer and axe flip flopping.
    Read through the series twice, and book 5-8 is a real slog, where you can painfully tell Jordan has too many characters and spend too much time on trivialities. Book actually picked up like crazy once Brandon took over and started offing people in the prologue already imo. Still, so many little details that wrapped stuff up at the end, still one of the best series I’ve ever read. Matt is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Read through the series twice, and book 5-8 is a real slog, where you can painfully tell Jordan has too many characters and spend too much time on trivialities. Book actually picked up like crazy once Brandon took over and started offing people in the prologue already imo. Still, so many little details that wrapped stuff up at the end, still one of the best series I’ve ever read. Matt is the best.
    Oh yeah, his story is the best.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

That's pretty mental. I realize Trump is a deranged, habitually lying conspiracy theorist, but even with that in mind, I don't think he'd go that far. If only because he wouldn't be allowed to by the comparatively sane members of our government.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no.

Trump might act as a wannabe-dictator, but he won't do this. Even if he wanted to, he'd be talked out of it by his family -- or some SS guy would shoot him.
    Great "checks and balances" the US has.