Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Prediction: What will happen after 2020( 2024 if trump wins)

If in 2020 trump loses the election, he will declare a national emergency, say there was major voter fraud, cancel the election, it will go to the court and kavanaugh will uphold it. And after he cancels the election he will use an executive order to cancel the 14th amendment which kavanaugh will also uphold, and after the 14th amendment is gone, he will take citizenship from democrats and have ICE round up democrats and democrat supporters and put them in camps, the camps will hold a concentration of his political enemies. From there without any democrats he will be free to change the constiution and get rid of elections completely. And then there will be the purge at the camps

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed broski.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Trump and some of his base would love that, but there's too many safeguards in place.

He'll more than likely lose and we'll see if his legally questionable actions catch up with him. That or his diet will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    If in 2020 trump loses the election, he will declare a national emergency, say there was major voter fraud, cancel the election
    Yeah, no.

Trump might act as a wannabe-dictator, but he won't do this. Even if he wanted to, he'd be talked out of it by his family -- or some SS guy would shoot him.

And I don't think SCOTUS will overturn an election without proof. Which Trump won't have.

And you can't cancel a Constitutional Amendment by Executive Order.

This just flat-out won't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    If in 2020 trump loses the election, he will declare a national emergency, say there was major voter fraud, cancel the election, it will go to the court and kavanaugh will uphold it. And after he cancels the election he will use an executive order to cancel the 14th amendment which kavanaugh will also uphold, and after the 14th amendment is gone, he will take citizenship from democrats and have ICE round up democrats and democrat supporters and put them in camps, the camps will hold a concentration of his political enemies. From there without any democrats he will be free to change the constiution and get rid of elections completely. And then there will be the purge at the camps
    If Trump is coming to get you then buy a lot of guns and ammo. He can only put you in a concentration camp if you let him!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, no.

Trump might act as a wannabe-dictator, but he won't do this. Even if he wanted to, he'd be talked out of it by his family -- or some SS guy would shoot him.

And I don't think SCOTUS will overturn an election without proof. Which Trump won't have.

And you can't cancel a Constitutional Amendment by Executive Order.

This just flat-out won't happen.
    I'm sure Thomas, Kavanaugh, and even Alito would overturn an election for funzies, but I doubt even Gorsuch, let alone Roberts would vote for something like that.

As if Kavanaugh is somehow the deciding factor in all this? As little I think of the other conservative judges on the SCOTUS I very much doubt they and Kavanaugh are that insane.

We have the 2nd Amendment for a reason. You would probably have some in the trump fanbase ok with this, but the vast majority of people would not accept this outcome.

It all depends on the military, not the Supreme Court.

The Constitution is just a piece of paper, it does not grant us magical protection.

If the military sides with Trump (and they would), then he can do anything he wants. And yes, I'm sure all the 3%ers and other militias will be running to come to the aid of the LIBRULZ and other persona non grata that would instantly become open season on instead.

Get ready for The Purge 2020(24).

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll lose.

He'll whine bitterly about fake elections but nothing will substantial will happen from him.

Some of his more extreme idiot supporters on the other hand . . . that's what I worry about.
    Putin khuliyo

didn't we already have a thread about this?

I have no doubt that it will not be a smooth transition. He will have just spend a year or so talking horrible internet level shit about the person that is coming in to take his place. Nothing about it will be fair or just to him. I have no doubt he will eventually leave but it will be a childish fit. Needs to cherry on top the story of his whole Presidency somehow.

April 1st was yesterday.

I don’t want to think of Trump winning. Even if he loses, it’s going to take an unbearably long time to undo his damage (e.g., personals removed from Craigslist thanks to him).

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

The Constitution is just a piece of paper, it does not grant us magical protection.

If the military sides with Trump (and they would), then he can do anything he wants. And yes, I'm sure all the 3%ers and other militias will be running to come to the aid of the LIBRULZ and other persona non grata that would instantly become open season on instead.

His approval among military personnel is <45%. His approval among officers is even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

You having writer's block for a piece of fiction? Military isn't going to side with Trump should he attempt a coup. I'll expect him to whine in the transition of power but everyone else (including the GOP) will simply laugh.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm sure Thomas, Kavanaugh, and even Alito would overturn an election for funzies, but I doubt even Gorsuch, let alone Roberts would vote for something like that.
    Thomas ans Alito that were on a SCOTUS that stopped a recount citing it would cause irreparable hard to Bush, since he was already declared the winner. Even if Fl may have gone to Gore flipping the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The difference would really be Roberts, who seems to be a decent human being.
    Nope he's just motivated by legacy he is just as bad as the rest he just wants to preserve his place in history.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You having writer's block for a piece of fiction? Military isn't going to side with Trump should he attempt a coup. I'll expect him to whine in the transition of power but everyone else (including the GOP) will simply laugh.
    The GOP already laughed at his, hey we got a great health care plan, but we won't tell you about it until after the election. The turtle came out and said, there's not plan being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    His approval among military personnel is <45%. His approval among officers is even lower.
    Polls are meaningless.

Even if those numbers were true, I think they are still higher than what they think of liberals and other persona non grata.