Lightbulb Season 3 - Mythic + Affix - Your Ideas

Season 3 is still a little way off, but safe to say blizzard smashed it with the Reaping affix, it can be very hard to heal which for me makes it very engaging, and the numbers i pull off when im dpsing make it alot of fun too, ive loved it.

Which makes me think what the next affix will be for season 3, each one has been themed around the patch so I assume something naga related, so to get the creative juices flowing, heres what id like to see!

The Drowned - Some enemies throughout the dungeon have been dragged to the Dark Depths by Queen Azshara transforming them into beings of the sea.

These beings have enhanced abilities and are not affected by other affixes. They deal 30% more dmg in their drowned form and have 40 % more health, are immune to all forms of cc except for stuns, and along with their standard abilities, they have the option to use the following;

Drown With Me - Apply an ever-growing shield to your target which absorbs all healing done to them. Lasts for 15 seconds or until the absorb has been outhealed.

Dark Whirlpool - Create Dark Whirlpools on the ground, any player that steps into these whirlpools will be dragged to the depths and succumb to the will of
    N'zoth for 15 seconds or until dispelled.

Abyssal Smash - Smash the Ground in a 10-yard cone in front of you, creating a wave knocking back and damaging enemies for 30% of their maximum hp, anyone hit by this wave will be slowed by 40% for 5 seconds. (4 second cast).

I think something like this adds enough of a challenge for the healer (but not too much as they are overworked as it is) and something to think about for tank a dps when they engage a pack with these mobs.

Im sure others have ben thinking about what they could throw at us so feel free to share
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2019-04-03 at 11:38 AM.

Leather worker would make alot of money then and locks would be mandatory!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The entire dungeon is underwater!
    Are you trying to create a shit storm xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Players deal progressively more damage and healing (up to 100% extra) but have progressively less health (up to a maximum 50% of starting health) as they stay alive. It'll take about 5 minutes to reach max. Both buffs reset to 0% when you die. Battlerezzes also come off CD 20% faster to make up for (probable) deaths during boss fights

And yes, I do play a tank normally. LET ME SUFFER

Flushed Away
    Every 5 minutes the whole instance is flooded with water, flushing all the players back to the start of the instance. There they have to fight a giant octopus while drowning. After that it's just a matter of running back to where they were. Will shift the meta to Undead/Kul Tirans for water breathing or bringing a lock, and movement speed will be important so yay for druids roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Players deal progressively more damage and healing (up to 100% extra) but have progressively less health (up to a maximum 50% of starting health) as they stay alive. It'll take about 5 minutes to reach max. Both buffs reset to 0% when you die. Battlerezzes also come off CD 20% faster to make up for (probable) deaths during boss fights

And yes, I do play a tank normally. LET ME SUFFER
    Im worried that a dk with a couple lucky stam trinks from timewalking would be able to survive that and just make m+ a cake walk, but imagine the progress you could make with 100% dmg increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Flushed Away
    Every 5 minutes the whole instance is flooded with water, flushing all the players back to the start of the instance. There they have to fight a giant octopus while drowning. After that it's just a matter of running back to where they were. Will shift the meta to Undead/Kul Tirans for water breathing or bringing a lock, and movement speed will be important so yay for druids roar.
    Sounds good as boss encounter :P All that flushing water and moving players from side to side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The entire dungeon is underwater!
    YES! And time warp travel back and forth!

I just hope they will make affix that affect both trash and bosses.

Please no more affixes just to make the healer suffer more! They should actually completely redo the affix system. Even in legion it was a lot better with the forti/tyrann at key level 10+ for example. Theres gotta be a way to make these affixes more interesting really. Not just adding more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Please no more affixes just to make the healer suffer more! They should actually completely redo the affix system. Even in legion it was a lot better with the forti/tyrann at key level 10+ for example. Theres gotta be a way to make these affixes more interesting really. Not just adding more and more
    They're not just "adding more and more" though. S3 will have the same number of possible affixes as s1 and s2.

Legion's keystone system was even more boring imo. You still had fort/tyr, the only difference was it being rarer for those who didnt consistently run 10s or higher.

Well, having done Helya.. that sure can give you a couple ideas for affixes isn't it?

Tentacles that needs to be soaked and killed is my bet.

Then again, people assume it's going to be Azshara based and not Mechagon based while they release a 5 man raid at the same time.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2019-04-03 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, having done Helya.. that sure can give you a couple ideas for affixes isn't it?

Tentacles that needs to be soaked and killed is my bet.

Then again, people assume it's going to be Azshara based and not Mechagon based while they release a 5 man raid at the same time.
    Tbh it could be Mecha Based? as it is the new mega dungeon...

Repair Becons - All mobs have a chance to spawn a repair beacon healing all in its bubble for 3 % every 3 seconds.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet it'll be some sort of aquaman affix, like xx players are harpooned and need to be healed/dpsed out to remove the debuff (harpoon) and a golden harpoon will randomly appear giving players a healing/damage buff.

I hope we get some BlackingLair-style bombs to defuse - by rogues - as new affix, it will be hilarious to see S1 S2 and S3 tailored to the utility of one class.
    -