Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Then play arms...?

- - - Updated - - -

The stronger spec, no matter how minor the difference, is always more popular. Take off your tin foil hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fury is significantly more rng than arms is, you realize that right.
    I am playing Arms, right now it's also simming more DPS than my Fury gear. Must say that the essences and small buff did some work to Arms, but let's see how it will be ones the raid is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    I am playing Arms, right now it's also simming more DPS than my Fury gear. Must say that the essences and small buff did some work to Arms, but let's see how it will be ones the raid is out.
    Agree. I've tried both Fury and Arms and the dame difference for me is quite minimal, but Arms for me feels better play style-wise. Less spammy, more predictable and overall fairly consistent outside very rare moments of being rage starved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Then play arms...?

- - - Updated - - -

The stronger spec, no matter how minor the difference, is always more popular. Take off your tin foil hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fury is significantly more rng than arms is, you realize that right.
    And fuck over my raid team because I selfishly want to play a spec that isn't a game of "press the lightup buttons like a monkey"?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    And fuck over my raid team because I selfishly want to play a spec that isn't a game of "press the lightup buttons like a monkey"?
    I'd rather have a happy raider and a few less % of DPS than someone that burns out and then leaves me with a new member to recruit.
    RETH

I have been playing warrior since 7.3 At bfa i only play warrior (arms and fury) For outworld content and raid i prefer fury cause it has good st dmg self heal and i can beat nearly all duels At pvp i prefer arms im 2k xp and i face many arms warrior especially at 3s Arms brings stronger pvp utility compared to fury (mortal strike war banner duel) Well arms has literally no baseline in combat self heal but using d stance and avoiding dmg healer can top u As for dmg and rotation i rarelly encounter situations with rage starvation except exe spam rip executioner precision arms has the best 2 target cleave strong burst and consistent dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'd rather have a happy raider and a few less % of DPS than someone that burns out and then leaves me with a new member to recruit.
    I've only ever burned out once and that was because of a new raid leader who was an absolute cunt.

In the end, boss mechanics is the interesting stuff. Interesting class mechanics are almost non-existent.

I'm attempting to switch to Fury again in 8.2 personally, because usually fury is better at later parts of expansions. I do prefer arms overall though, because it's just simpler and more orderly. You just click stuff in order more or less. I'll see how I do at fury, but I'm worried I might not be performing better than in arms due to me not being good at the kind of gameplay it requires.

But yeah, historically, fury has usually been better. Yes, people have always argued that arms has better burst aoe and what not, but the reality is that in most expansions, after patch .1 or .2, fury vastly overpowers arms in pure numbers. Arms may win in some specific situations, but that's that. I think all those "but burst aoe..." people just like arms more, which is fine, and try everything to prove it's better than fury, which is just not true.

It's perfectly fine playing a weaker spec if you enjoy it. Unless you're doing some cutting edge content of course. No need to delude yourself and others that it's not weaker though.

7+ Year Old Account
    i switch to fury because everyone with a bit of self heal can easily kill me, impossible to do open world pvp with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I leveled my warrior as Arms and hit 120 2 days ago, is fun to play no complains here.
    Ok, now go to Nazjatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I am no pro Warrior player at all. I just started playing a warrior in Legion, using my free boost to start one. I typically Tank, so was Prot the majority of legion, but at the end during Antorus, I tried both Arms and Fury, and Arms felt so good in Legion patch 7.3, fast, never cool down or waiting issues, and was a simple enough rotation, and I felt like a bad ass god, just whacking away people with my 2 hander. But Fury in Legion felt a bit clunky, and I just could never get the DPS high, and seemed to have some rotation issues, so I stuck with Arms and loved it.

Fast forward to BfA, and it seems the opposite now. Arms feels clunky and funky, and pauses and waiting issues, and Fury is warp speed fast, never waiting on anything, just always a spell to hit, and go berserk.

Well last night my buddy said try Arms again, he told me the talents to pick, and redo my Azerite gear, and his couple rotation recommendations. And I could just not get comfortable with it, it felt slow, but mostly like waiting and downtime, and cool down issues, and just strange and alien feeling. Arms today in 8.1.5 feels NOTHING like Arms of Legion 7.3, they seem like completely different classes. I LOVED my Arms Warrior at the end of Legion, why did they radically change it, and gimp it making it seems slow and clunky ?

I went back to Fury, and it just feels so much smoother, no downtime
    Warrior in general has always felt clunky and slow to me. Every single expansion.

Fury is definitely not slow.

As for Arms, with lucid dreams and some haste it actually feels quite ok in a raid. I don't have any significant periods of complete rage starvation. And with better Crit/Haste further into expansion it should be even less noticeable.
    Obviously there's a lot of things that can be improved, but it's definitely not unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Ok, now go to Nazjatar.
    At this point my Arms Warrior is ilvl 414 and also has Lucid Dreams minor which makes the rotation smooth as butter. Given the amount of catch-up mechanics and that everyone will have essences from now on even new Arms warriors will have a great time since they will roughly start at 380ilvl instantly.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-07-15 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    At this point my Arms Warrior is ilvl 414 and also has Lucid Dreams minor which makes the rotation smooth as butter. Given the amount of catch-up mechanics and that everyone will have essences from now on even new Arms warriors will have a great time since they will roughly start at 380ilvl instantly.
    I think that was not the point of the suggestion to go to Nazjatar. As arms with no self healing and one 3 minute cooldown you gonna get wrecked by multiple elite mobs in Nazjatar. For example my arms is more geared then Prot, and yet I quest as Prot just because it's so much safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    I think that was not the point of the suggestion to go to Nazjatar. As arms with no self healing and one 3 minute cooldown you gonna get wrecked by multiple elite mobs in Nazjatar. For example my arms is more geared then Prot, and yet I quest as Prot just because it's so much safer.
    Pick second wind, apply hamstring once and kite for 10 seconds to heal to full HP. In the laboratory you can even kite the stupid elemental, and if you can't kite then just pop Die by the sword which is effectively a heal thanks to second wind since you won't get attacked for 8 seconds so Second Wind can start healing. I have 0 problems in Nazjatar. All the elite I encounter can be slowed, except the WorldQuest 6million mobs, which you are not supposed to solo anyway...

Arms is still fucking garbage compared to Fury. Ah, well, maybe 8.3 then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Havent tried furry yet in BfA but arms is pretty nice. I just lvled up my war as arms and now im playing myth and raids as arms doin lik 6th~ dps on 25man with 400ilvl isnt that bad i think.