Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Azshara and Naga join Horde... oooOoOoOoooo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Posting my crackpot theory again.

    'Sylvanas' has been Azshara in disguise since we lost track of her during Stormheim and everything she is doing now is to weaken both the Horde and the Alliance.

    I don't for a second believe that but it would be a massive, mind blowing twist.
    This is so retarded, that Blizz may actually go for it.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    are you trying to be funny or just plain stupid by default? :O Can't really tell for sure hmm...
    Dude he said Azshara is married with Mudmug how daft are you?

  3. #63
    I can draw so much parallel between BFA and Legion. You don't remember when that Xe'ra was all over Illidan and stuff, how he was suppose to be the savior and how lame this was. One cinematic and some wind chime dust later, and we got one hell of a good twist. I know the whole Burning of Teldrassil was lame, but I don't give up until 8.3 for sure.
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

    "Sims again? I thought we learned last time." - Ornyx

  4. #64
    Scarab Lord Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    4,705
    WoW narrative: I will kill this story and you will like it!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Doesn't sound familiar. :thinking: Isn't this expansion only about the faction conflict?
    Faction conflict? I must have missed it over the Garroshs return. He looks more grey then I remember though, and hes got a champion this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Can you just stop with “God-King”? Anduin plagues Alliance into the pit of hell but even IF war stops he will not likely be anywhere near the Horde. You have your beloved corpse-waifu to adore and love. Or perhaps... some Horde players might use some enlightement. I see more and more disturbing behaviour that starts to cross from “just trolling on forums” to really weird. Acting like animals does no favors to you.
    Given that both of the rebels we're meant to rally behind are either long-time Anduin lackeys or were enlightened by Anduin in a prison cell because they lacked the wherewithal to take action already and the most recent book was about how Anduin better understood and cared for the Forsaken than their racial leader, it's a bit too late for him to be away from us. You are in the nadir of lawful good homogeneity, so I'd expect you to understand why we'd rather not join you.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  7. #67
    The Sylvanas twist is impossible as we've had internal narration from her that confirms her identity. ...unless Blizzard throws continuity out the window, which of course they could.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Still I shouldn't be surprised. Azshara ultimately is not nearly as important as Kil'jaeden was, and yet they had the audacity to waste Kil'jaeden in a middle raid with hardly any build-up to his fight. Kil'jaeden being one of the main villains of the entire franchise. I shouldn't be surprised if those geniuses at Blizzard think that Azshara is nothing more than a middle tier fodder.

    In fact, why am I even comparing Azshara to Kil'jaeden? They already said that she would be the equivalent of Gul'dan in Legion. R.I.P. Azshara. What an utter waste of a charming villain.
    basically this.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That deal is probably the critical piece of information we need to understand what is going on you know. if there is any hope for a deeper motivation for what Sylvanas is doing to be found, beyond her being evil for the sake of it, it is going to be found there.
    Hopefully! It might be tied with Voljin and his "Loa Vision" to make Sylvanas warchief storylines as well.

    Also hopefully it is something well thought by Blizzard's writers... for a change, because this faction war story has been terrible.

  10. #70
    Old God Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    10,437
    There is no actual ''twist that players aren't expecting''. Remember the Teldrassil stuff?, the most obvious one was the one that ended up happening, even after they danced around it for months. Remember how this wouldn't be Horde-internal-bullshitconflict 2.0 and it's exactly what it is?

    There is no twist that will actually be unexpected while also not being mindbuggling stupid. The most obvious thing, which would make it *not* a twist is that she's basically somehow abusing N'zoth's power and when we beat her we actually helped N'zoth (DUN DUN DUUUUUN) ZZZzzzzzz

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Given that both of the rebels we're meant to rally behind are either long-time Anduin lackeys or were enlightened by Anduin in a prison cell because they lacked the wherewithal to take action already and the most recent book was about how Anduin better understood and cared for the Forsaken than their racial leader, it's a bit too late for him to be away from us. You are in the nadir of lawful good homogeneity, so I'd expect you to understand why we'd rather not join you.
    And i would rather never set foot on theland of Morallygrey. See what i mean? Alliance can move past Anduin, he dies or goes to self exile like Thrall and poof all gone. Clean slate so to say and then we can have stuff. Horde though? Not so much. Once Morallygrey and then it becomes hard to wash away this “grey” (more like mantablack). And i really dont care who deals with Sylvanas. Adnuin, Baine, Varok, Garrosh, Turande, Azshara, N’zoth... she just have to die and would be good if she suffers beforehand. And about Horde as a playerbase? Maybe its just me but hysteria is just way too strong. I know you dont want to be “good” but you are disturbing by now, thats getting fucked up for real on forums. Maybe people can, idk, cool down a bit? Take a breathe?
    P.S.
    Sylvanas never cared for Forsaken. Imho even making them so “evil” is just part of her plan. By propaganda and doctrine forge an army that NOBODY will try to make peace with. Basically make your kingdom so fucked up and evil that peace becomes impossiblity and then enjoy a hige meatshield between you and Death. She is SELFISH as a shellfish, thats her character. Like Anduin being goodie two shoes or Jaina flip flopping. So of course she never cared about them.
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2019-04-04 at 07:37 PM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Still I shouldn't be surprised. Azshara ultimately is not nearly as important as Kil'jaeden was, and yet they had the audacity to waste Kil'jaeden in a middle raid with hardly any build-up to his fight. Kil'jaeden being one of the main villains of the entire franchise. I shouldn't be surprised if those geniuses at Blizzard think that Azshara is nothing more than a middle tier fodder.

    In fact, why am I even comparing Azshara to Kil'jaeden? They already said that she would be the equivalent of Gul'dan in Legion. R.I.P. Azshara. What an utter waste of a charming villain.
    Well, you are right in your ideas, but Kil'jaeden was doomed from the moment they made Argus and Sargeras the last threats of the Legion Expansion. If Sargeras was going to be imprisoned and the Planet Argus cleansed from the Legion, either Kil'jaeden would be part of Antorus, or part of the Tomb of Sargeras. There was no escaping for him. At least he died as the main last boss of a raid, and not as a secondary boss like one of the guardians of the Legion Headquarters in Argus.

  13. #73
    Y'all really believe Ion's 'super duper mega twist no one expects!!' when literally EVERYONE knew what would happen with Sylvanas and Teldrassil, despite Blizzard saying it wasn't to be expected.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Y'all really believe Ion's 'super duper mega twist no one expects!!' when literally EVERYONE knew what would happen with Sylvanas and Teldrassil, despite Blizzard saying it wasn't to be expected.
    Yes

    I'm expecting a #MorallyGrey 2.0 disappointment, unfortunately

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And i would rather never set foot on theland of Morallygrey. See what i mean? Alliance can move past Anduin, he dies or goes to self exile like Thrall and poof all gone. Clean slate so to say and then we can have stuff. Horde though? Not so much. Once Morallygrey and then it becomes hard to wash away this “grey” (more like mantablack). And i really dont care who deals with Sylvanas. Adnuin, Baine, Varok, Garrosh, Turande, Azshara, N’zoth... she just have to die and would be good if she suffers beforehand. And about Horde as a playerbase? Maybe its just me but hysteria is just way too strong. I know you dont want to be “good” but you are disturbing by now, thats getting fucked up for real on forums. Maybe people can, idk, cool down a bit? Take a breathe?
    Well, you're in luck, you won't be getting the morally grey treatment. We will however be getting an injection of Muh Honor by the end of this. That people are pissed is a given. They were sold this product on false pretense and are stuck in a repeat of a story that wasn't popular in the first place.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  16. #76
    Old God Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    10,437
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Maybe people can, idk, cool down a bit? Take a breathe?
    The only one who seems really exasperated and weirdly overly mad at people for liking the other faction or a different character than you, is yourself. To me, it seems like the one who needs to calm down yourself.

    People don't want anything to do with the Alliance, or Anduin when playing Horde, they signed up for a faction war expansion, not internal-bullshit rebellion while God-King and Deus Ex-Machina Goddess Jaina meddle in Horde bullshit again. If it makes you mad, then don't partake in the discussions maybe?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-04-04 at 07:42 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Posting my crackpot theory again.

    'Sylvanas' has been Azshara in disguise since we lost track of her during Stormheim and everything she is doing now is to weaken both the Horde and the Alliance.

    I don't for a second believe that but it would be a massive, mind blowing twist.
    Honestly, that is in no way a very engaging narrative, but I think I far prefer it to every other alternative explanation as to why she would go into garrosh-type self-destruction when she is supposed to be smarter than that and criticized him for it.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Well, you're in luck, you won't be getting the morally grey treatment. We will however be getting an injection of Muh Honor by the end of this. That people are pissed is a given. They were sold this product on false pretense and are stuck in a repeat of a story that wasn't popular in the first place.
    Nah you dont get it. I would like REAL Morally Grey. Not that baby-flavoured, ash-spiced version Blizz selling. Same goes with being good. I would take Mass Effect Paragon style over “spineless victim of rape” that Blizz selling us.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The only one who seems really exasperated and weirdly overly mad at people for liking the other faction or a different character than you, is yourself. To me, it seems like the one who needs to calm down yourself.
    Nope. If you think i am extreme you havent payed attention on forums. I at least not going overboard or taking my displeasure on others “in the face”, i keep it in the game/lore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The only one who seems really exasperated and weirdly overly mad at people for liking the other faction or a different character than you, is yourself. To me, it seems like the one who needs to calm down yourself.

    People don't want anything to do with the Alliance, or Anduin when playing Horde, they signed up for a faction war expansion, not internal-bullshit rebellion while God-King and Deus-Machina Goddess Jaina meddle in Horde bullshit again. If it makes you mad, then don't partake in the discussions maybe?
    And i signed up for a faction war, not a circle beating by the Horde, then a genocide and then Anduin actuvely pushing for peace with the Horde. I hope you understand.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Nah you dont get it. I would like REAL Morally Grey. Not that baby-flavoured, ash-spiced version Blizz selling. Same goes with being good. I would take Mass Effect Paragon style over “spineless victim of rape” that Blizz selling us.
    I would as well, but we're not getting it. They had every ability to write a morally grey (Non-TM) faction war, but that wasn't in the cards. The ultimate aim of this is the unifaction so they can skimp out resources on doing variants and planning around two factions as well as fix flagging numbers by effectively doubling the amount of players you can interact with on a given server.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The real Sylvanas has actually died a long time ago. The undead Sylvanas we know is just Azshara in disguise.
    I could believe that,but don't think she is her..maybe being tempted.... as Sylvanas has done things in BFA that favour the forsaken still, if she was Azshara Forsaken would have been thrown under the bus with the "honourable" horde.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •