Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    His name is Bradley... His momma named him Bradley... just because you have your dick removed doesn't make you a woman... it makes you a man without a dick.
    Wow what an intelligent argument. All the people who have endured multiple surgeries, ridicule from friends and family, all to become the person they feel they are inside...all they need is to hear this logic and I'm sure they will all change their minds! I can't wait to see them all recant their ways. I'm glad you thought long and hard about their lives, worldviews and struggles.

  2. #422
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Opinion?

    Don't you need proof beyond reasonable doubt?
    opinion is my word. US intelligence is quite clear in their public statements that the relationship is definitive. That will be presented in court, if and when he is tried.

    But let's be clear about something, because it'll be easy to confuse this crucial point. Right now, Wikileaks (the brand) IS Julian Assange and Julian Assange is Wikileaks. It was not always so. Just under a decade ago he had a much larger group who worked with him and built all sorts of infrastructure. That, let's call it "Wikileaks 1.0", is the stuff that got the Bradley Manning dump. But it fell apart, again, about 8 years ago or so, because almost all of those people who worked with Assange found him to be impossible to work with, a sociopath, and just a shit person. They split off and founded their own leaks sites (not sure what happened to those).

    Since then, particularly since he locked himself in the Ecuadorean Embassy, "Wikileaks 2.0" has been Assange and a tiny handful of people on the outside helping with administration. That's why Wikileaks has been a slow moving dinosaur in terms of new tech to facilitate leaking and in terms of dumps. Because it's pretty much a one man job. Somewhere along the line, between Wikileaks 1.0 and 2.0, Assange fell in with Russian Intelligence. Probably to stay in the game and stay relevant (is associates describe him as obsessed with being a global figure). The leaks had to come from somewhere, so Russian intelligence grabbed them and gave them to the mostly one-man-show Wikileaks had become, because it was a Western-oriented "brand name".

    Consider... what has been the most substantial leak from Wikileaks that did not benefit Russia in the past 8 years? There hasn't been one. But there has been an absolutely major leak agaisnt - the Panama Papers, which Wikileaks had nothing to do with, and even shit talked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    because he hates trump too. those types tend to just hate anything that has to do with American government. obv i'm wrong here, @Skroe you're like a lasagna, rich in flavor and multi layered
    I hate Trump because I'm ardently pro-American.

    Trump is the debasement of America. He's an abomination.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  3. #423
    One of scant few actual journalists being actually arrested by the State. Interesting age. So the idea that the U.S. government can just extend its reach to any news outlet anywhere in the world and criminalize publication of documents … is extremely interesting.

    All of the journalists around the world will surely be supporting one of their fellow journalists who is being arrested for doing journalism. Surely they will. ....right?
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2019-04-11 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.

  4. #424
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,383
    Confirmed:


    We're getting him.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Opinion?

    Don't you need proof beyond reasonable doubt?
    Nah they dont care about proofs.

    Thats why they call him rapist too

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Wow what an intelligent argument. All the people who have endured multiple surgeries, ridicule from friends and family, all to become the person they feel they are inside...all they need is to hear this logic and I'm sure they will all change their minds! I can't wait to see them all recant their ways. I'm glad you thought long and hard about their lives, worldviews and struggles.
    His comment had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with trying to "change their minds". It is simply a statement of fact. People can "be" whatever they want to be on the outside, but on the inside, a Y chromosome is still a Y chromosome and a X chromosome is still a X chromosome. That cannot be changed by any kind of surgery. As the man says, "facts don't care about your feelings".

  7. #427
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    One of scant few actual journalists being actually arrested by the State. Interesting age. So the idea that the U.S. government can just extend its reach to any news outlet anywhere in the world and criminalize publication of documents … is extremely interesting.

    All of the journalists around the world will surely be supporting one of their fellow journalists who is being arrested for doing journalism. Surely they will. ....right?
    He's not a journalist. But you know that.

    Now by comparison, if Glenn Greenwald were to be arrested, we'd have a serious problem. Greenwald's a scumbag with lots of deep seated personal issues he projects on the world, but is undeniably a journalist.

    Assange is essentially an information arsonist, who has been working with Russian Intelligence since some point in the last decade, probably sometime after his original Wikileaks crew decided to mass quit on him.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    One of scant few actual journalists being actually arrested by the State. Interesting age. So the idea that the U.S. government can just extend its reach to any news outlet anywhere in the world and criminalize publication of documents … is extremely interesting.

    All of the journalists around the world will surely be supporting one of their fellow journalists who is being arrested for doing journalism. Surely they will. ....right?
    Sure, they surely will do that.

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by snobdick View Post
    Don't cry child. Your mind is dominated by the American culture, just look at the American spellings you use haha.

    America has you by the balls.
    Judging somebody by their spelling just shows how much you need to grow up. Ofcourse my spelling is in influenced by American culture, isn't it globally? What a weak statement. Lets talk about Brexit.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He's not a journalist. But you know that.

    Now by comparison, if Glenn Greenwald were to be arrested, we'd have a serious problem. Greenwald's a scumbag with lots of deep seated personal issues he projects on the world, but is undeniably a journalist.

    Assange is essentially an information arsonist, who has been working with Russian Intelligence since some point in the last decade, probably sometime after his original Wikileaks crew decided to mass quit on him.
    I know, he revealed dirty secrets of the Imperium and your urge to purge a heretic is too great. You got your journalist jailed, learn to smile man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.

  11. #431
    What crime would he be tried for in the U.S.?

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I know, he revealed dirty secrets of the Imperium and your urge to purge a heretic is too great. You got your journalist jailed, learn to smile man.
    Yeah, they certainly didn't like Vault 7 being released.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What crime would he be tried for in the U.S.?
    Any crime they can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.

  14. #434
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I know, he revealed dirty secrets of the Imperium and your urge to purge a heretic is too great. You got your journalist jailed, learn to smile man.
    Do you mean the State Department Cables that made the US State Department look... rather good and professional in a world awash in corruption and incompetence?

    Or do you mean the Snowden Affair where he he revealed the dirty secret that the US did about 5% shady shit against friends, our own people and 95% perfectly legitimate shit against our adversaries?

    This is the real Julian Assange, Russian asset:
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/17...tial-campaign/
    WikiLeaks Turned Down Leaks on Russian Government During U.S. Presidential Campaign
    The leak organization ignored damaging information on the Kremlin to focus on Hillary Clinton and election-related hacks.

    In the summer of 2016, as WikiLeaks was publishing documents from Democratic operatives allegedly obtained by Kremlin-directed hackers, Julian Assange turned down a large cache of documents related to the Russian government, according to chat messages and a source who provided the records.

    WikiLeaks declined to publish a wide-ranging trove of documents — at least 68 gigabytes of data — that came from inside the Russian Interior Ministry, according to partial chat logs reviewed by Foreign Policy.

    The logs, which were provided to FP, only included WikiLeaks’s side of the conversation.

    “As far as we recall these are already public,” WikiLeaks wrote at the time.

    “WikiLeaks rejects all submissions that it cannot verify. WikiLeaks rejects submissions that have already been published elsewhere or which are likely to be considered insignificant. WikiLeaks has never rejected a submission due to its country of origin,” the organization wrote in a Twitter direct message when contacted by FP about the Russian cache.

    (The account is widely believed to be operated solely by Assange, the group’s founder, but in a Twitter message to FP, the organization said it is maintained by “staff.”)

    In 2014, the BBC and other news outlets reported on the cache, which revealed details about Russian military and intelligence involvement in Ukraine. However, the information from that hack was less than half the data that later became available in 2016, when Assange turned it down.

    “We had several leaks sent to Wikileaks, including the Russian hack. It would have exposed Russian activities and shown WikiLeaks was not controlled by Russian security services,” the source who provided the messages wrote to FP. “Many Wikileaks staff and volunteers or their families suffered at the hands of Russian corruption and cruelty, we were sure Wikileaks would release it. Assange gave excuse after excuse.”

    The Russian cache was eventually quietly published online elsewhere, to almost no attention or scrutiny.

    In the months leading up to the 2016 U.S. presidential election, WikiLeaks published tens of thousands of potentially damaging emails about Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and her campaign, information the U.S. intelligence community believes was hacked as part of a Kremlin-directed campaign. Assange’s role in publishing the leaks sparked allegations that he was advancing a Russian-backed agenda.

    Back in 2010, Assange vowed to publish documents on any institution that resisted oversight.

    WikiLeaks in its early years published a broad scope of information, including emails belonging to Sarah Palin and Scientologists, phone records of Peruvian politicians, and inside information from surveillance companies. “We don’t have targets,” Assange said at the time.

    But by 2016, WikiLeaks had switched course, focusing almost exclusively on Clinton and her campaign.

    Approached later that year by the same source about data from an American security company, WikiLeaks again turned down the leak. “Is there an election angle? We’re not doing anything until after the election unless its [sic] fast or election related,” WikiLeaks wrote. “We don’t have the resources.”

    Anything not connected to the election would be “diversionary,” WikiLeaks wrote.

    “WikiLeaks schedules publications to maximize readership and reader engagement,” WikiLeaks wrote in a Twitter message to FP. “During distracting media events such as the Olympics or a high profile election, unrelated publications are sometimes delayed until the distraction passes but never are rejected for this reason.”

    WikiLeaks’s relationship with Russia started out as adversarial. In October 2010, Assange and WikiLeaks teased a massive dump of documents that would expose wrongdoing in the Kremlin, teaming up with a Russian news site for the rollout. “We have [compromising materials] about Russia, about your government and businessmen,” Assange told a Russian newspaper.

    “We will publish these materials soon,” he promised.

    “Russians are going to find out a lot of interesting facts about their country,” WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said at the time.

    In November 2010, WikiLeaks began to release documents from its cache provided by Chelsea Manning, which included cables from U.S. diplomats around the world, including Russia.

    WikiLeaks partnered with the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, but only a handful of stories were published out of almost a quarter of a million files from the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. Novoya Gazeta paid for exclusive access to the documents, according to John Helmer, a foreign correspondent in Moscow writing for Business Insider.

    WikiLeaks says there was no financial aspect to the publishing partnership with Novaya Gazeta, which did not respond to a request for comment. “We do not have insight into the publication decisions of [Novaya Gazeta],” WikiLeaks told FP.

    Meanwhile, Assange’s position on Russia was evolving. Assange in 2012 had his own show on the Kremlin-funded news network RT, and that same year, he produced episodes for the network where he interviewed opposition thinkers like Noam Chomsky and so-called “cypherpunks.”

    Questions about Assange’s links to Russia were raised last year, when the Daily Dot reported that WikiLeaks failed to publish documents that revealed a 2 billion euro transaction between the Syrian regime and a government-owned Russian bank in 2012. Details about the documents appear in leaked court records obtained by the Daily Dot, which were placed under seal by a Manhattan federal court.

    A WikiLeaks spokesperson told the Daily Dot that no emails were removed from what the organization published. The spokesperson also suggested the Daily Dot was “pushing the Hillary Clinton campaign’s neo-McCarthyist conspiracy theories about critical media.”

    Assange believes that U.S. officials hoping to damage his reputation leaked the court records, according to the messages provided to FP.

    “There’s a passing claim that the ‘500 pages’ comes from the US government’s investigation into Wikileaks,” one message from WikiLeaks reads. “If true, the US government appears to be leaking data on the Wikileaks investigation, which fabricated or angled to help HRC. Huge story that everyone missed.”

    WikiLeaks again told FP that “the story is false” but did not elaborate.

    When Novaya Gazeta reported in April 2016 on the 11.5 million documents known as the Panama Papers, which exposed how powerful figures worldwide hide their money overseas, Assange publicly criticized the work. He suggested that reporters had “cherry-picked” the documents to publish for optimal “Putin bashing, North Korea bashing, sanctions bashing, etc.” while giving Western figures a pass.

    In fact, news outlets involved in publishing leaks reported on a number of Western figures, including then-British Prime Minister David Cameron.

    “For me it was a surprise that Mr. Assange was repeating the same excuse that our officials, even back in Soviet days, used to say — that it’s all some conspiracy from abroad,” Roman Shleynov, a Russian investigative reporter, said in an interview with the New York Times.

    WikiLeaks says Assange “didn’t” specifically challenge Novaya Gazeta or the other news outlets that worked on the Panama Papers, despite Assange’s public statements to the contrary.

    “There should be more leaks from Russia,” Daniel Domscheit-Berg, a former German spokesman for WikiLeaks, said in an interview with France 24 in March. He suggested that since WikiLeaks’s readers were mostly English-speaking, there wasn’t enough demand.

    By June 2016, Assange had threatened to dump files on Clinton that would be damaging to her campaign prospects. A month later, on July 22, WikiLeaks published tens of thousands of emails out of the Democratic National Committee — preceding the massive dumps in October of emails belonging to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

    In late August 2016, when WikiLeaks’s Clinton disclosures were in full swing, Assange said he had information on Trump but that it wasn’t worth publishing. (In a message to FP, WikiLeaks now says the organization “received no original documents on the campaign that did not turn out to be already public.”)

    “The problem with the Trump campaign,” Assange said at the time, “is it’s actually hard for us to publish much more controversial material than what comes out of Donald Trump’s mouth every second day.”
    The link above has the actual chat logs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What crime would he be tried for in the U.S.?
    Cybercrimes, theft, espionage.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He's not a journalist. But you know that.

    Now by comparison, if Glenn Greenwald were to be arrested, we'd have a serious problem. Greenwald's a scumbag with lots of deep seated personal issues he projects on the world, but is undeniably a journalist.

    Assange is essentially an information arsonist, who has been working with Russian Intelligence since some point in the last decade, probably sometime after his original Wikileaks crew decided to mass quit on him.
    This guy. haha. Calling Greenwald a scumbag for what? Because he worked with Edward Snowden? And leaked classified information responsibly? If Greenwald would never worked with Edward Snowden you wouldnt have ever mentioned his name or a scumbar. Just shows you your personal hypocritical motives.
    Nobody went to jail for spying the whole world. There is something fundamentaly wrong with United States. Yet you claim Assange shouls be in jail for Cybercrimes, theft and espionage. But wait?!? Isn't that what the USA has been doing for the last 15 years? Oopsie...
    Last edited by Sloppynacho; 2019-04-11 at 01:28 PM.

  16. #436
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,295
    He was a Hero when he leaked Palin's emails, he as a monster when he leaked DNC's, that's where he messed up.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    His comment had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with trying to "change their minds". It is simply a statement of fact. People can "be" whatever they want to be on the outside, but on the inside, a Y chromosome is still a Y chromosome and a X chromosome is still a X chromosome. That cannot be changed by any kind of surgery. As the man says, "facts don't care about your feelings".
    Here's a question: if a trans person could switch everything but their chromosomes, would they pass? What if they can, in the future? Where will you move the goalposts then? It's like Theseus' ship: if you were to slowly replace all of the parts of a boat with a different boat, at what point does it stop being the first boat?

    Reality is, if someone can pass as the other gender "on the outside", there is effectively no difference to people on the outside. Trans people existing have no effect on your life, unless you start a relationship with one of them. This is a *fact*, and the only reason you don't like them is because you *feel* it's wrong. There is no natural law saying switching genders is wrong. Some species even switch genders, biology and all.
    Last edited by roboscorcher; 2019-04-11 at 01:24 PM.

  18. #438
    Herald of the Titans Helryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,669
    Jesus, he's starting to look like an old Howard Hughes

  19. #439
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What crime would he be tried for in the U.S.?
    Just came out. The indictment.
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr...ing-conspiracy
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr...53481/download

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Thursday, April 11, 2019
    WikiLeaks Founder Charged in Computer Hacking Conspiracy
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Julian P. Assange, 47, the founder of WikiLeaks, was arrested today in the United Kingdom pursuant to the U.S./UK Extradition Treaty, in connection with a federal charge of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion for agreeing to break a password to a classified U.S. government computer.

    According to court documents unsealed today, the charge relates to Assange’s alleged role in one of the largest compromises of classified information in the history of the United States.

    The indictment alleges that in March 2010, Assange engaged in a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning, a former intelligence analyst in the U.S. Army, to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network (SIPRNet), a U.S. government network used for classified documents and communications. Manning, who had access to the computers in connection with her duties as an intelligence analyst, was using the computers to download classified records to transmit to WikiLeaks. Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log on to the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a deceptive measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to determine the source of the illegal disclosures.

    During the conspiracy, Manning and Assange engaged in real-time discussions regarding Manning’s transmission of classified records to Assange. The discussions also reflect Assange actively encouraging Manning to provide more information. During an exchange, Manning told Assange that “after this upload, that’s all I really have got left.” To which Assange replied, “curious eyes never run dry in my experience.”

    Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

    G. Zachary Terwilliger, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, John C. Demers, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, and Nancy McNamara, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, made the announcement after the charges were unsealed. First Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy Doherty-McCormick, Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kellen S. Dwyer, Thomas W. Traxler and Gordon D. Kromberg, and Trial Attorneys Matthew R. Walczewski and Nicholas O. Hunter of the Justice Department’s National Security Division are prosecuting the case.

    The extradition will be handled by the Department of Justice’s Office of International Affairs.

    A copy of this press release is located on the website of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia. Related court documents and information are located on the website of the District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or on PACER by searching for Case No. 1:18-cr-111.

    An indictment contains allegations that a defendant has committed a crime. Every defendant is presumed to be innocent until and unless proven guilty in court.
    And let's be clear. This is just the 2010 indictment for the Manning stuff. The five years he gets is just for the initial round, probably to make it palatable to the British. Once he is in our custody, if prior experience is any indication, he'll get hit with a hell of a lot more charges.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    Trumphadis, You're Never Getting Your Fucking Wall

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Here's a question: if a trans person could switch everything but their chromosomes, would they pass? What if they can, in the future? Where will you move the goalposts then? Reality is, if someone can pass as the other gender "on the outside", there is effectively no difference to people on the outside. Trans people existing have no effect on your life, unless you start a relationship with one of them. This is a *fact*, and the only reason you don't like them is because you *feel* it's wrong. There is no natural law saying switching genders is wrong. Some species even switch genders, biology and all.
    Nice argument but I feel that I'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •