Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    LMAO @ GW2 fans vs WoW fans

  2. #22
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,552
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol... I like how they use the term "Quarter 3 2019" instead of "Coming Fall of 2019".. it's so clearly for activision investors or something. What other company uses the term quarters when speaking to their customers?
    idk if you know, but when its fall in one place, its spring in another place...

    so quater's are better, as its currently april for everyone.
    but for some people that is fall, for some its spring, for some its summer, for some its winter, like me...
    its still snowing out, it snowed yesterday.... fuck...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nice to see Guild Wars 2 going strong still.

    Probably took a good chunk of the people who left WoW.
    didnt GW2 just fire a ton of DEVS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  3. #23
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd think it is either soon (so by tonight) or around the next Q&A so next week on Thursday
    Yeah, either way we are most likely less than a week away now. Potentially only 3 or 4 days away from an info dump.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pets, transmog, achievements, mini-games, toys... This Darkmoon faire represents everything I hate in modern WoW.
    I love all of those things. Far far more than a boring 5% upgraded piece of gear.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm surprised at Guild Wars 2 being in the news here. Is that a paid ad?
    What's so surprising about MMO-champion talking about other MMOs?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, either way we are most likely less than a week away now. Potentially only 3 or 4 days away from an info dump.
    While I love reading through the datamining, it might be best if they can get their presentation ahead first. Datamining can and has in the past given us a wrong view of what is coming. E.g. ESO will do a big blog post on design intent this week and then release their PTS the week after, giving people a clean view of what is planned and thus having us depend on datamining less (though considering how ridiculously thorough their patch notes are, it's not even needed). It would be great if Blizzard tried to come ahead of the news for their own game for once.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's so surprising about MMO-champion talking about other MMOs?
    Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?

  6. #26
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, either way we are most likely less than a week away now. Potentially only 3 or 4 days away from an info dump.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I love all of those things. Far far more than a boring 5% upgraded piece of gear.
    most likely could be this very weekend, or even tuesday, or this wensday.

    they usually release these just before the weekends, just after, or on wensdays

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I love reading through the datamining, it might be best if they can get their presentation ahead first. Datamining can and has in the past given us a wrong view of what is coming. E.g. ESO will do a big blog post on design intent this week and then release their PTS the week after, giving people a clean view of what is planned and thus having us depend on datamining less (though considering how ridiculously thorough their patch notes are, it's not even needed). It would be great if Blizzard tried to come ahead of the news for their own game for once.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?
    they usually do when big moments happen in other mmos, about new expansions, new MASSIVE patches, when mmos show up, or shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  7. #27
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    23,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

    Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?
    They usually have a sidenote on big events in other MMOs, such as Wildstar's shutting down, or a new expansion for FFXIV etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    LMAO @ GW2 fans vs WoW fans
    What a short battle it would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    - - - Updated - - -



    didnt GW2 just fire a ton of DEVS
    Haven't you heard?
    Blizzard fires customer service staff to hire more developers = "CORPORATE GREED OMFGBBQ"
    Other company fires developers = "Well, it's quality ensurance, still going strong lol!"
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They usually have a sidenote on big events in other MMOs, such as Wildstar's shutting down, or a new expansion for FFXIV etc.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What a short battle it would be.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Haven't you heard?
    Blizzard fires customer service staff to hire more developers = "CORPORATE GREED OMFGBBQ"
    Other company fires developers = "Well, it's quality ensurance, still going strong lol!"
    There is a difference between


    Blizzard firing people after reporting " we made tons of money this year "

    And

    Arena.net firing people because they close under-dev project due to terrible financial situation

    ----

    Even if Blizzard fired Twitter PR Bots

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    23,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    There is a difference between


    Blizzard firing people after reporting " we made tons of money this year "

    And

    Arena.net firing people because they close under-dev project due to terrible financial situation
    Making tons of money =/= firings aren't necessary to build in other more useful areas of the company. Now, if they'd made tons of money from WoW and then fired developers from that title, there'd be cause for concern.

    The poking was at the people placing values into it depending on how they feel about the company and its products.
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They usually have a sidenote on big events in other MMOs, such as Wildstar's shutting down, or a new expansion for FFXIV etc.[/FONT]
    I mean I don't remember them reporting on Summerset or Elsweyr so it is selective.

  11. #31
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    23,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I don't remember them reporting on Summerset or Elsweyr so it is selective.
    Meh, it's a private website so maybe they post about shit they care about as well rather than everything under the sun?
    Or they won't post news about other titles if there's news about WoW at that time?
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Meh, it's a private website so maybe they post about shit they care about as well rather than everything under the sun?
    I guess.
    Mind you I did not mean that post as some conspiracy idiocy or anything. I'm entirely in favour of MMOChampion getting alternate funds. It is just that their coverage of any non-Blizzard topic is so random and these GW2 news aren't even a big deal.

  13. #33
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    23,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess.
    Mind you I did not mean that post as some conspiracy idiocy or anything. I'm entirely in favour of MMOChampion getting alternate funds. It is just that their coverage of any non-Blizzard topic is so random and these GW2 news aren't even a big deal.
    That's true, it always comes kinda "out of the blue" rather than when it would make sense.

    Arbitrary to say the least, but if it's a sponsored deal then they're not getting a lot of bang for their buck I'd have to say.
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

  14. #34
    Guild wars 2 could have been such an amazing game if they put the focus where it actually mattered. Pve. The full pvp focus in that game and black desert online is what killed those games

  15. #35
    Regarding other game news, it's mostly random big news because:

    1) If it was more often, people would complain because of the bloating of news posts like they did with GC tweets (tho i was fine with them for a good while, ppl liked to discuss them). MMO-C has this nice niche over Wowhead in the sense that it focuses on the game update information and blue posts. Wowhead does categorize its posts but yeah you might have to scroll through a lot of stuff you dont care about if you're reading like a weeks worth of stuff. MMO-C covers the main bases. Mmoc was just a name Boub picked a long time ago in different times and no sense changing the domain/brand really

    2) chaud is mostly a one-man army with running the front page

    There's probably some MMO coverage sites out there though, don't know any offhand since a couple of them died. Once you get up to speed with whatever MMO youre playing you can look for the subreddits and discords to stay on top of things. Or just seeing whats been streamed on twitch to check it out. Staying on top of the entire MMO genre must be overwhelming though for a news reporting site.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-05 at 09:26 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Guild wars 2 could have been such an amazing game if they put the focus where it actually mattered. Pve. The full pvp focus in that game and black desert online is what killed those games
    Since the initial release of the original game they barely added new things to pvp, or at least things that really mattered. It's been what 7? years, in that time maybe there was a period of half a year to one year, when they seriously focused on pvp in early HoT. I'm sure they've experimented with lots of things, such as Stronghold & much earlier on Courtyard, but these were ultimately failures of massive proportions. I'm fairly confident that less than 15% of the development went into pvp over the years & less than half of that was content that was well received.

    (I'm primarily a pve player, but I have grown to like conquest in gw2 & I have played it for about 2000 hours over the years. I never liked WvW very much, but the game has forced me to play it for certain tokens, so I've spent like 100-150 hours in there.)

    One of the main problems with Anet is that despite having so many employees they really suck at making content (quantity wise), it's like they are only playing DnD in the office for ehm science.

  17. #37
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I don't remember them reporting on Summerset or Elsweyr so it is selective.

    they even have subforms for them, that posted when those came out
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  18. #38
    I like that GW2 is now apparently the biggest news here

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    they even have subforms for them, that posted when those came out
    You are being disingenuous. We are talking about the Front pages and News. Also they do NOT have a forum for ESO since it came after they realize those forums are a waste of space and any announcements are from forum users, not from the website proper.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Regarding other game news, it's mostly random big news because:

    1) If it was more often, people would complain because of the bloating of news posts like they did with GC tweets (tho i was fine with them for a good while, ppl liked to discuss them). MMO-C has this nice niche over Wowhead in the sense that it focuses on the game update information and blue posts. Wowhead does categorize its posts but yeah you might have to scroll through a lot of stuff you dont care about if you're reading like a weeks worth of stuff. MMO-C covers the main bases. Mmoc was just a name Boub picked a long time ago in different times and no sense changing the domain/brand really

    2) chaud is mostly a one-man army with running the front page

    There's probably some MMO coverage sites out there though, don't know any offhand since a couple of them died. Once you get up to speed with whatever MMO youre playing you can look for the subreddits and discords to stay on top of things. Or just seeing whats been streamed on twitch to check it out. Staying on top of the entire MMO genre must be overwhelming though for a news reporting site.
    I honestly don't expect other MMO news here. This is a Blizzard fansite that is mostly focused on WoW and as you said, the name is just a misnomer. It just feels arbitrary to randomly see GW2 news on something insignificant. We do see FFIV expansion release news I think. We haven't had news for other MMOs for a while. It was clear several years ago that they made an effort to expand to other MMOs (with more forums and more frequent news) but that obviously failed.
    So it really just felt arbitrary which is why I noted it. It might simply be things that catch Chaud's attention for whatever reason. It's not a problem, just felt it was worthy of a comment since it's a break in a pattern.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    LMAO @ GW2 fans vs WoW fans
    No bloody contest.

    The culture shock I got from when I started GW2 was insane. It's a much friendlier community all round.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I love reading through the datamining, it might be best if they can get their presentation ahead first. Datamining can and has in the past given us a wrong view of what is coming. E.g. ESO will do a big blog post on design intent this week and then release their PTS the week after, giving people a clean view of what is planned and thus having us depend on datamining less (though considering how ridiculously thorough their patch notes are, it's not even needed). It would be great if Blizzard tried to come ahead of the news for their own game for once.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?
    Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

    Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-05 at 10:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •