Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    MMOChampion is and has always been a misnomer.
    And I honestly don't need MMOC to know that ESO or FF14 is competition. ESO and FF14 KNOW they are and are doing their best to keep the players WoW is losing and so I am certain Blizzard also knows and thus understands they need to put the extra effort for 8.2. If 8.2 is a dud, they are risking temporary loses to competitors becoming permanent.

Nice to see Guild Wars 2 going strong still.

Probably took a good chunk of the people who left WoW.
    Sure it did Timmy.

why would i be intressted in vanity rewards when the game is overburden with it already?
    hoo boi cant wait for the rep rewards next expanion, more horses and transmogs

Man... the work put into the Roller Coaster just seems like a waste. Rather than it giving out the standard XP gain "WHEE!" buff that the carousel gives they should have given out a rep gain "WOOO!" buff or something to not make it redundant and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pets, transmog, achievements, mini-games, toys... This Darkmoon faire represents everything I hate in modern WoW.
    What did you expect? Raid gear for playing mini games?

Came here for comments about the Lucio statue actually resembling Lucio (especially in light of the Jaina face).

Instead found standard WoW bashing and conspiracy silliness.

More DMF Stuff??? But my raid tier!

Ion: "We really need to get [stuff like azerite traits] out to alpha/beta testers sooner"

Also Ion: "Hey let's encrypt the PTR data"

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like that GW2 is now apparently the biggest news here
    Only it's literally not the biggest news. The new PTR encrypted content, is.

I get that when people don't enjoy WoW they grasp at any form of competitor from which they can soapbox (I was there myself during Cata), but let's this is getting ridiculous.
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Ion: "We really need to get [stuff like azerite traits] out to alpha/beta testers sooner"

Also Ion: "Hey let's encrypt the PTR data"
    Because it would cause [Feedback] even the preview of them, and Ion hate [Feedback]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because it almost never does and this looks very selective?
    Talking only about WoW isn't selective?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What other company uses the term quarters when speaking to their customers?
    Those more concerned about $ than

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Fall is hemisphere specific. Quarter 3 2019, most people understand to be "in the third quarter of 2019"

Also not everyone refers to Fall (must be an North American thing?), you guys over there are weirdos that still use imperial measurements :P
    Base 12/base 60 is the objectively superior system once you no longer have to count on your fingers.

Is a damn shame ESO doesn't get more coverage here. I mean this is "MMO Champion" after all.

Seriously cover the other 3 big ones being ESO, FF14 and GW2 because right now with the state WoW is in they are all giving it some needed competition.
    Someone pinged me and let me know that an interesting GW2 update was posted. I read it, agreed it was worth a mention, and posted it. No one pings me about ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Someone pinged me and let me know that an interesting GW2 update was posted. I read it, agreed it was worth a mention, and posted it. No one pings me about ESO.
    Honestly man you need to shut down some sub forums here (no offence but some get literally zero to none activity) and allow a new one (just one) for ESO. There really is huge interest for it.

Also new expansion the way this summer so there.

Honestly Chaud I know you've said the forum needs tidying up and now would be a good time to do it imo.

High Overlord
    Honestly man you need to shut down some sub forums here (no offence but some get literally zero to none activity) and allow a new one (just one) for ESO. There really is huge interest for it.

Honestly Chaud I know you've said the forum needs tidying up and now would be a good time to do it imo.

Agree.

Star Wars ToR
    ESO
    Guild Wars 2
    WoW
    Final Fantasy XIV

Are the big 5 in MMO Eso is pretty much place 3 after FF and WoW :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Since the initial release of the original game they barely added new things to pvp, or at least things that really mattered. It's been what 7? years, in that time maybe there was a period of half a year to one year, when they seriously focused on pvp in early HoT. I'm sure they've experimented with lots of things, such as Stronghold & much earlier on Courtyard, but these were ultimately failures of massive proportions. I'm fairly confident that less than 15% of the development went into pvp over the years & less than half of that was content that was well received. One of the main problems with Anet is that despite having so many employees they really suck at making content (quantity wise), it's like they are only playing DnD in the office for ehm science.
    I can't believe someone said GW2 is a pvp focused game. The game has no focus whatsoever. It has been in a bad state for a while because they haven't been producing enough content. Out of the lackluster content they do produce there is no replayability. It's practically on maintenance mode with a map and 2 hours of story update every 4+ months.

The only thing that is actively updated and changed every week is the store. Players who do actively play defend it zealously because they're mostly whales who spend more than they would in a subscription based game.

WoW is not in a good state either right now, but at least it maintains a steady (albeit low quality currently) stream of content that GW2 hasn't had for the past 2 or 3 years. Anet haven't even been working on another expansion.

People are ignoring the fact that they made that post on the future of GW2 because they have basically been doing nothing but twiddling their thumbs and experimenting on failed projects while leaving GW2 in the dust. They didn't fire a load of developers for no reason.

And fork all those threads were? It'd be a navigational nightmare.
    ESO megathread certainly has activity but I don't think it's enough to warrant a new forum.

Who ever said that GW2 stole players from WOW must be crazy the game is terrible, i mean is worst that wow by far.

ESO and FF14 are the only real competion to wow at the moment.

What about Black Desert? Best looking MMO. ESO looks like pure trash.