Poll: Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think 8.2 will save BfA?

At this point I hope so

dunno we know so little about it.

BFA is a lost cause. Many of us realized this 1 month in and decided to not waste our time on something that'll die out fast and be replaced.
    Blizzard will use classic as a strong buffer to rework wow and develop the next expansion.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the next expansion mimics the ideal of "wow" being a world again and not just raids that your port to and zone in.
    All the mechanics of "daily this, weekly that, endless progression ,etc" will all be removed. The design of the game will get back to what it was upon classic release. A GAME... not a money printing machine.

wow has to many fundemental problems that no single patch can save it.
    all it is is more content that still has the same philosphy, nothing is gonne change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    BFA is a lost cause. Many of us realized this 1 month in and decided to not waste our time on something that'll die out fast and be replaced.
    Blizzard will use classic as a strong buffer to rework wow and develop the next expansion.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the next expansion mimics the ideal of "wow" being a world again and not just raids that your port to and zone in.
    All the mechanics of "daily this, weekly that, endless progression ,etc" will all be removed. The design of the game will get back to what it was upon classic release. A GAME... not a money printing machine.
    yea, i quit like 3 weeks after release, realized directly the game was shit
    and in terms of the next expac, i cant imagine them removing sharding, lfr, titanforging, adding pvp vendors, adding pruned spells back, removing catch up mechanics and much MUCH more..
    Last edited by letssee; 2019-04-02 at 06:50 PM.

Jeez, I must be the only one loving this expansion! I do find warfronts boring now. Wish they would spice it up with few random surprise encounters or random rares with special drops appearing now and then.

Apart from that, yeah very happy!

Although i am sitting with "maybe", i think with the damage being dealt with earlier in the expansion, wont be able to keep them the returning players. I myself will probably go in just to see Nazjatar, lore, and also fight Azshara. Depending on how they execute this patch with Azshara will determine if this whole expansion as a whole is good. Right now i am not happy with going to Nazjatar and finishing up Azshara's story so briefly when they could have easily integrated that with "The Black Empire" expansion (If it comes). It just seems like Azshara and the naga are the last resort in saving this expansion i feel that it wont be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    yea, i quit like 3 weeks after release, realized directly the game was shit
    and in terms of the next expac, i cant imagine them removing sharding, lfr, titanforging, adding pvp vendors, adding pruned spells back, removing catch up mechanics and much MUCH more..
    I can't imagine it either but then again Classic was the success it was.
    In all honesty, wow 2.0 is what's needed. A FULL reset of the game but including many of the new classes & races.

Classic was designed to perfect for a "community" feeling. Wouldn't be surprised if we see WOW 2.0 released in 5 years.

Even if 8.2 is the best patch ever, the damage has already been done in the long run. People who are dissatisfied with BFA are very unlikely to come back until either Classic or the next expansion.

If we consider its current state "failing" ( I think its by far not the funnest expansion, but not a fail either), I'd say that patches only have the power to slow down the snowball effect, however it would take a new expansion with new systems/design to "save" wow

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    will it improve BfA? probably. new raid (not on patch but shortly after), new dungeon, new zones will always bring people back rather than drive them away. will it save it? who knows..... from what they have told us it will improve it but we might need to wait til next expansion for a fix of the class design issues that a lot of people complain about

putting a poll here though will result in a very biased result, because everyone here complains like crazy
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-04-02 at 06:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    We only know so little about 8.2 and it still not hit ptr yet so idk. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    At this point I hope so
    I will, if it will be executed right way. Let's see, what we have.
    1) Flying!
    2) Real BFA's story!
    3) Azerite gear - gone!
    4) New Worgen and Goblin models!
    And may be some other tweaks, we don't know about.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

8.2 will not and it can't save BFA, it can at least adjust something, like the Azerite/Neck meme and make BFA less "meh"

OFC if Blizzard decide to add the "Tower Mage 2.0" I would plesantly surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    8.2 is trying to rework Azerite gear, and while that is indeed important, it doesn't touch on the bigger whole. Gear only matters in premade content in BFA. Even if you give me a more enticing reason to get AP, instead of unlocking rings, I am going to go for traits... but what are those traits doing for me?
    I don't need azerite traits to obliterate everything. The world isn't dangerous. It's like giving a buff to heirloom gear, it's already brokenly powerful.

Maybe it will feel better once you at least have traits to chase after, but since it's apparent that Blizzard wasn't intending on "re-visiting" such a similar design from artifact weapons, I expect that they are going to make those new azerite trait "trees" very easy to cap, bringing people back to the usual issue.

Since WoW is in many ways designed to make sure people are always "optimal", there's just going to be a lot of bitching from people who "feel like capping the azerite traits is mandatory", just like with everything else that at it's core should be an expansion-spanning feature. Yes, there should pretty much always be another trait to chase throughout an expansion, instead we'll be getting a panicked rushjob that is desperately trying to fix the most blatant issues (lack of character progression outside of raids). It is most likely going to feel like a bandaid fix.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Bfa is a horrible, lazy, uninspired expansion. Blizz put wow in cash cow mode and it's not looking pretty. It's a shame they took the heart and soul out of a once great game. Just look at Ion and Lore at the QA's, they don't seem to have any fire and passion for the game (anymore). I doubt there will be a lot more expansions after bfa. They lost a lot of customers trust in their games and that's not an easy thing to restore. It's a real shame.

I'm already ok with the state of the game. The new raid is fun, season 2 M+ is way better than s1 and the azerite armor issues are pretty much all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    At this point I hope so
    if by "Save" you mean is do abosolutely nothing different then since launch then sure

BfA is one of my favourite expansions so farm .

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think bfa needs saving but it can only get better from here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it appeals to the casuals, yes. They come and go with patches and if it can get a lot of them to stay around a little longer, yeah. Us hardcore players haven't gone anywhere, we can't go anywhere, nothing else comes even close to WoW in terms of high end PvE. Legion was better, WoD was worse. BFA is pretty mediocre at worst. It's not dead or unsalvageable or whatever, it's just not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I'm already ok with the state of the game. The new raid is fun, season 2 M+ is way better than s1 and the azerite armor issues are pretty much all fixed.
    Same.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Save from what, the whiner? No, nothing can save wow from that.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads