Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omegalulz View Post
    And imo if the state of warrior DD stay the same, as Scrype said Method is not even going to bother bringing a single DPS warrior anymore, and you know very well how fast theses trends are spreading inside the community.
    Don't think that will change anything - it's already common knowledge anyways that warriors are bottom tier and at the very least that might prevent a few dense posts.

Anyways I agree more or less on most points. High apm, sustained, direct damage, bad resource system it's as if they were tasked with creating the spec with the worst mechanics. fury just doesn't have a way to deal with lost uptime. Sort of clunky aoe rotation, a defense cooldown requiring to be able to hit something to be not completely dogshit, having to spec out of mobility in order to just get a single target stun, damage even under best case conditions is mediocre - it's like playing a spec that's just stuck in a distant past without any of the upsides. Warriors can't at least have one of the premium tools because of what that terrible raidcooldown and the slow? I'd trade those any day against cheat death, an immunity or even just the range talent and some cc.

Arms isn't even worth mentioning - that spec is so blatantly bad even the most ridiculous buff wouldn't save it for the next tier.

Well, I enjoy playing Fury a lot and while I think OP puts it very overcharged Omega has a valid point.

I've played warrior since the start of WoW now and while I feel that I used to be useful as utility, now I lack this.
    As a spec Fury has a nice feel to it and has ok mobility, burst and so on, so no, we're not bad dps.

However for mythic+ your spots are limited and you have to get as much milage from the spots you get. So yes, a lot of players will choose the toolbox over a "standard" dps.

What they did with Warrior tanks is awesome and I hope they will give fury and arms some QOL changes for utility and maybe tuning for dps, but I fear it's gonna be at least till 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by JotunNL View Post
    Well, I enjoy playing Fury a lot and while I think OP puts it very overcharged Omega has a valid point.

I've played warrior since the start of WoW now and while I feel that I used to be useful as utility, now I lack this.
    As a spec Fury has a nice feel to it and has ok mobility, burst and so on, so no, we're not bad dps.

However for mythic+ your spots are limited and you have to get as much milage from the spots you get. So yes, a lot of players will choose the toolbox over a "standard" dps.

What they did with Warrior tanks is awesome and I hope they will give fury and arms some QOL changes for utility and maybe tuning for dps, but I fear it's gonna be at least till 9.0
    Totally agree. With the correct Azerite traits really valuable for single target fights and at all not bad in aoe situation. Utility fixes should hopefully come soon but from a dps perspective fury in particular seems to do alright currently compared to other dps.
    And the fast paced playstyle seems by far more fluid than a lot of other specs. I also think it's quite irritating to generalize arms and fury, I know they have basically the same utility toolset but are valued differently in every different discipline.

Indeed, but a wider utility set would be nice and quite defendable through fluff etc.
    I miss stuff like the ranged silence etc.

Well in the PTR Prot Warr got a 50% nerf in thundercla damage, so yeah RIP warriors for mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Well in the PTR Prot Warr got a 50% nerf in thundercla damage, so yeah RIP warriors for mythic +
    Yes, not happy with that, but I guess we're still viable-ish on prot, but we'll see..
    I refuse to give up on warrior.

Yes, not happy with that, but I guess we're still viable-ish on prot, but we'll see..
    The thing is if we want to do mythic + the only way is to go as tank and if the nerf hammer is too hard they will take other tanks with more utility.
    DPS wise warrior 95% of the times are ignored since nearlly all clases have more utility then warriors and or dps is midd table and they should address to that but no.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    The thing is if we want to do mythic + the only way is to go as tank and if the nerf hammer is too hard they will take other tanks with more utility.
    DPS wise warrior 95% of the times are ignored since nearlly all clases have more utility then warriors and or dps is midd table and they should address to that but no.
    Prot has plenty of m+ utility and is still the highest damage tank by a lot. Chill the fuck out

I will give you bigger numbers but you have to lose charge and heroic leap

If the DPS is average outside of the execute phase (I know there's going to be a boss that starts at execute range soon) and you have great mobility and a health pool that is pretty large... I don't see a problem

And this is coming from a WW that according to forums is dogshit

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind they are also changing m+ trash% so AOE pulls are shit

I feel like if you play the game because high dps is your main goal, then you don't get to bitch about what class you want to play as well.

There's two options and two options only.....
    1. Play the class that has the most dps and quite yer bitchin
    2. Or be happy when Blizz gets fed up and makes all the classes do the same stuff and damage.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Your words do not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Prot has plenty of m+ utility and is still the highest damage tank by a lot. Chill the fuck out
    I was talking about the DPS spec's, since it's only the talent Prot warr ill be ok still.
    The thing is dps wise it's nearly impossible to get invite to do mythic +

10+ Year Old Account
    We're currently progressing M Jaina. The officers are dying to bench me as soon as possible if I happen to make it to the group due to not all dpsers showing up on time for the raid. I can't really blame them though considering the situation warriors are currently in. I'm sure I can contribute enough for us to kill her but I guess they feel it will be easier without me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I don't see a problem
    I guess that say a lot about the quality of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    We're currently progressing M Jaina. The officers are dying to bench me as soon as possible if I happen to make it to the group due to not all dpsers showing up on time for the raid. I can't really blame them though considering the situation warriors are currently in. I'm sure I can contribute enough for us to kill her but I guess they feel it will be easier without me. :-)
    I wish I had a rogue alt for that encounter - so frustrating with how much more shit they get away there.

Considering the WF kill had a Warrior in it, I'm unsure as to why they're dying to get rid if you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Your words do not make sense.
    so you know how it was more beneficial in some dungeons to avoid the mini-bosses and the more dangerous ads in order to just go AOE pull a bunch of dumb stupid trash and essentially boost your percentage through the roof?? Well now one of the changes that is apparently going into mythic plus is that the mini bosses are going to be worth much more percentage so instead of skipping them it is more prudent to kill them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I guess that say a lot about the quality of your post.

I wish I had a rogue alt for that encounter - so frustrating with how much more shit they get away there.
    yeah pointing out that you have high mobility and can take more hits than a lot of other DPS others holy is a low-quality post and pointing out that if you want to do higher DPS you have to lose something is definitely a bad thing I'm so sorry that you can't understand something that simple and simply need to point out the final part of my post which out of contact really does mean nothing and if we're talking about quality of posts my friend well you would be the de facto king

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I do have a rogue but the gear on her is not really optimized despite her being ilevel 410 so I prefer sticking to the warrior (even though life would be a lot easier on the rogue for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Considering the WF kill had a Warrior in it, I'm unsure as to why they're dying to get rid if you.
    I suppose they have seen this chart https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/21#boss=2281, and also just general perception of how good the class currently is. They sit me out for additional spriests, locks, boomies, and just have the hunter go stand in melee range.
    Last edited by GhostlyBG; 2019-04-18 at 08:25 AM.

I suppose they have seen this chart https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/21#boss=2281, and also just general perception of how good the class currently is. They sit me out for additional spriests, locks, boomies, and just have the hunter go stand in melee range.
    Not even top 400 and they're benching melees as if they were a Hall of Fame guild? I won't comment any further but mine has no need to do that. I don't top the meters because, well, this ain't Nighthold or Antorus anymore, but I hold my own, do my shit right and buff our hunters, rogues, DH and DK, and personally wouldn't stay in a guild that is so low (relatively speaking) and benches melees so aggressively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not even top 400 and they're benching melees as if they were a Hall of Fame guild? I won't comment any further but mine has no need to do that. I don't top the meters because, well, this ain't Nighthold or Antorus anymore, but I hold my own, do my shit right and buff our hunters, rogues, DH and DK, and personally wouldn't stay in a guild that is so low (relatively speaking) and benches melees so aggressively.
    Yeah, well, I'm just the kind of person who does not leave a guild unless it disbands basically or the situation becomes really, really unbearable.. :-D