Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Rereading this thread now is quite funny, people arguing you can hardly (or can't) reach 1k dps in full naxx gear.

    Meanwhile, with only tier 1 gear now, some people are already doing more than 1k dps (even reaching 2k on some fight)
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS

  2. #222
    Oh geez I forgot about this thread.
    Reminders of what vanilla was like: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nilla-was-like
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  3. #223
    Back in naxx people actually fought bosses for more than 30 seconds DDDDDD , that warrior on patchwerk with 1500 dps or so was during atleast 3-4 mins fighting.People wouldnt be able to sustain 600 dps or so during 4 min now,if not less

  4. #224
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Haosmash View Post
    Back in naxx people actually fought bosses for more than 30 seconds DDDDDD , that warrior on patchwerk with 1500 dps or so was during atleast 3-4 mins fighting.People wouldnt be able to sustain 600 dps or so during 4 min now,if not less
    Some of those DPS casters on warcraftlogs pump out ~7k mana per 40 seconds fight... yeah, there is no way in hell they can sustain this DPS for prolonged time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #225
    Yah warcraftlogs has a 19 second Gehennas kill in the top 10. I mean...why even bring a healer?
    Reminders of what vanilla was like: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nilla-was-like
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Rereading this thread now is quite funny, people arguing you can hardly (or can't) reach 1k dps in full naxx gear.

    Meanwhile, with only tier 1 gear now, some people are already doing more than 1k dps (even reaching 2k on some fight)
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS
    You have to remember MC fights last 1-2min, while Naxx fights are longer 3-4mins.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    You have to remember MC fights last 1-2min, while Naxx fights are longer 3-4mins.
    More like 1-3 min for most boss if it's a speed run

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Rereading this thread now is quite funny, people arguing you can hardly (or can't) reach 1k dps in full naxx gear.

    Meanwhile, with only tier 1 gear now, some people are already doing more than 1k dps (even reaching 2k on some fight)
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS
    Did you compare 20 second fight lengths from the overnerfed 1.12 classic pepega version to old naxx 5 min fights? WoW!
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Rereading this thread now is quite funny, people arguing you can hardly (or can't) reach 1k dps in full naxx gear.

    Meanwhile, with only tier 1 gear now, some people are already doing more than 1k dps (even reaching 2k on some fight)
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS
    Nice necro and nice brain use. Comparing 20-30 seconds fights to fights that last for minutes. Ofc people can burst 1k-2k over 20 seconds, when that's how many CDs and potions etc last.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    More like 1-3 min for most boss if it's a speed run
    Yeah I know, the clear times fluctuate depending on the pserver.

  11. #231
    Hmm, looking at private server speedkill, 9/15 naxx boss have been killed in a minute or less during a speedkill.

  12. #232
    Paging the ones from the first pages claiming 1k dps to be absurdly inflated and to be the numbers produced in TBC.

    Do we have a comment?
    Last edited by Pigy2; 2019-10-10 at 11:34 AM.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Rereading this thread now is quite funny, people arguing you can hardly (or can't) reach 1k dps in full naxx gear.

    Meanwhile, with only tier 1 gear now, some people are already doing more than 1k dps (even reaching 2k on some fight)
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...=dps&class=DPS

    Please take a look at the fight lengths and learn the difference between burst and sustained dps.

  14. #234
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    Paging the ones from the first pages claiming 1k dps to be absurdly inflated and to be the numbers produced in TBC.

    Do we have a comment?
    1k DPS is still absurdly inflated, you won't be doing 1k DPS without either padding or being OOM in a minute, after eating your runes, potions and managems
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    1k DPS is still absurdly inflated, you won't be doing 1k DPS without either padding or being OOM in a minute, after eating your runes, potions and managems
    Wait, hey! Come back here with the damn goalposts would you?

    Am a warrior, What's this mana you speak of?

    And i'm calling it now, we'll see 2k logs on Fankriss.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Hmm, looking at private server speedkill, 9/15 naxx boss have been killed in a minute or less during a speedkill.
    Yeah but you cant trust anything really from private servers. Have to rely on pure in game Vanilla fights so Id say watch old videos of boss kills.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Please take a look at the fight lengths and learn the difference between burst and sustained dps.
    Bosses are dying that fast because most people in the raid are doing optimal dps. That won't change even in naxx so this is all the dps metrics you will get.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Yeah but you cant trust anything really from private servers. Have to rely on pure in game Vanilla fights so Id say watch old videos of boss kills.
    I wouldn't say that cuts it either, because looking through those old videos you'll be hardpressed to find anyone utilizing world buffs and the likes, and certainly not to the extent the private server players and a portion of the now classic playerbase does, for simple virtue of 2005 raiding being wipefests and buffs expiring on a wipe wa deemed meaningless waste of time collecting.

    it's also important to keep in mind that being 32 buff slotted (maxed out on buffs) using all the wicked world buffs, consumables, hell as horde you can even be mind controlled by a priest in a group with 3 paladins and enjoy kings, might and salvation, you get the point. All this stacked ontop is 75% of your gear's worth of stats, potentially more. Fully buff slotted at least doubles your DPS, usually more than that, which indeed makes private server listings more accurate than old vanilla videos, even should armour values be off.

    Keep in mind though that private servers intentionally erred on the side of overdoing it when it comes to balance and raids on *most* servers were indeed more difficult than the ones presented in classic, having done both I will attest to this, and a grand majority of people in the same boat seem to agree.

    *edit* quoted the wrong guy.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    I wouldn't say that cuts it either, because looking through those old videos you'll be hardpressed to find anyone utilizing world buffs and the likes, and certainly not to the extent the private server players and a portion of the now classic playerbase does, for simple virtue of 2005 raiding being wipefests and buffs expiring on a wipe wa deemed meaningless waste of time collecting.

    it's also important to keep in mind that being 32 buff slotted (maxed out on buffs) using all the wicked world buffs, consumables, hell as horde you can even be mind controlled by a priest in a group with 3 paladins and enjoy kings, might and salvation, you get the point. All this stacked ontop is 75% of your gear's worth of stats, potentially more. Fully buff slotted at least doubles your DPS, usually more than that, which indeed makes private server listings more accurate than old vanilla videos, even should armour values be off.

    Keep in mind though that private servers intentionally erred on the side of overdoing it when it comes to balance and raids on *most* servers were indeed more difficult than the ones presented in classic, having done both I will attest to this, and a grand majority of people in the same boat seem to agree.

    *edit* quoted the wrong guy.
    I can vouch for this 100%. MC and Onyxia in pservers were definitely overtuned compared to classic. Things just drop dead faster and hit softer overall

  20. #240
    https://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=157455

    i looked up this, so people in classic are already doing as much dps as was considred good in tbc?

    shows how much people are just better at the game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •