Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else looking forward to the lack of...

Monks, DHs and DKs? It's going to be awesome to not have them.

Meh. You instead gain Fear effects that hardly ever fade on damage taken, most stuns being on separate DRs, almost oneshotting Rogues (Ambush), interrupts being on the GCD, etc. Gain some lose some.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2019-04-06 at 11:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, because I enjoy playing them.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not particularly, class design is something I'm not looking forward to at all.

But in terms of something I'm looking forward to lacking... it's the lack of a main villain and plot, so I can explore the world without the bullshit that is modern WoW's story.

Yeah, WoW added classes never felt that good for some reason. In FF14 when a class is added the playerbase jumps for joy, but in WoW it doesn't have that big of an effect. I mean you can kind of think of DK as just another warrior, DH as just another rogue, and Monk might be the most unique class, but because it was added in MoP it tends to be associated with pandas. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not particularly, class design is something I'm not looking forward to at all.

But in terms of something I'm looking forward to lacking... it's the lack of a main villain and plot, so I can explore the world without the bullshit that is modern WoW's story.
    Pretty much this. I think the leveling and exploration will at least be entertaining.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    In a 14 year old game that's been comb through already....ok? Have fun in the azarah giant area (with those damn chimera wonder around). Or better yet the dragon part of winterspring. The whelping would sell however. The nightmare dragon area was the worst to explore.
    That's a bad argument. Some people will be doing it for the first time. Whether it's all been done before by others is meaningless.

OT: I will enjoy the lack of a need to race to the end. I used to value speed, but I won't have the time for much endgame, so I'll enjoy the journey of leveling instead.

I don't really mind the classes. I do like that I don't have to see so many blood elves as Horde anymore though.

Monks/pandas felt out of place, and DHs cannibalized all the cool stuff from locks. IMO, blood DKs were OK, before their Cata makeover.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Death Knights never really feel out of place to me.

Monks and DH's flying across the screen every 3 seconds, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs for me were fine, Monks and DHs feel and look like they're supposed to be in an ARPG, not WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Yeah, WoW added classes never felt that good for some reason. In FF14 when a class is added the playerbase jumps for joy, but in WoW it doesn't have that big of an effect. I mean you can kind of think of DK as just another warrior, DH as just another rogue, and Monk might be the most unique class, but because it was added in MoP it tends to be associated with pandas. :x

....someone didn't play in Wrath during the Death Knight apocalypse....or queue for dungeons between 58-65 which is still like 90% new DKs...

Monks...yeah those didn't really take off but they were also the only new class that wasn't a "Hero Class" and wasn't considered OP when released...or at all really the panda thing might have a little thing to do with it...

DHs did take off not as much as Death Knights but a LOT more than monks did

so you're technically about 2/3rds wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

so you're technically about 2/3rds wrong
    I guess Demon Hunters can tank as well, but whaaa. The class aesthetics reminds me a lot of the rogue with those dual glaives

Fun fact: on the original WoW game box there was a DH displayed.

1) Sad about DKs, they are an awesome class
    2) Indifferent about monks. A fun class, but I don't think it fits into WoW very well (lorewise)
    3) Happy about DHs. They are an abomination class for 14 y.o. edgelords.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Fun fact: on the original WoW game box there was a DH displayed.
    A Death Knight class was an early concept in Vanilla too (never made it into the alpha, though).

More OT:
    I can live without all three. I don't find any of them particularly engaging to play anyway.
    We'll still have stun locking rogues, though.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-04-07 at 11:36 PM.

DK's are alright at least and belong in wow. I am looking forward to playing an mmorpg again. Monks never felt very wow-like at all. DH belongs in wow but the class doesn't really feel like a wow DH should be. Though maybe they've changed now, I only played 2 months of BFA before quitting.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Yes, because I don't believe in any of those classes. I mean, DKs are thematically cool but the lore surrounding them is garbage. If they were properly shunned from all civilisation and had to live in the sewers or be attacked on sight by town guards that might work

I like demon hunter, and playing them in Legion was a lot of fun. But even demon hunter isn't enough to keep me playing BfA. I can live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Monks, DHs and DKs? It's going to be awesome to not have them.
    Not really. They're fun to play.

However, what I look forward to is not having Barbie dolls on Horde.
    Mother pus bucket!