Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I wish more pugs knew about the resurrecting from orbs part. Always instant release. I feel like if they kept IEs in for another expansion people still wouldn't know about it 2 years from now. Some of them might even know but just might not care since it's an excuse to go afk for a couple of minutes. Or they can't handle waiting for the orb.
    They don't work the same as they did, you don't just pop the entire team up right away with them. Some just release as a dumb reflex too. Anybody that raids has seen the call out not to rez because we have wipe recovery only to have 1 or 2 pop up early because they forgot somehow or just clicked the button out of habit. You also can't just assume your party will grab them since plenty run off as somebody dies or others just never grab the orbs because they don't want life and don't care about the stacking buffs. In short you can never assume a pug is going to do anything.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    healer is useless in islands thou
    Maybe so. But kicking someone because of that kind of shows how bad people are these days.

Deserter debuff is really broken at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Getting defensive about the commentary from a tank perspective doesn't change or invalidate the point. The content wasn't designed to need a healer or tank. While a tank has the option to pull a ton of stuff and start wracking up some crazy aoe damage (presuming people can avoid standing in all the swirlies), healers contribute very little because the healing isn't required. There's some stuff they can buy with the tokens that can help, but if a healer is tagging along and expecting to be carried through it while they do almost nothing I'd votekick them every single time. The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight.
    and is your only metric raw DPS? You can find people that will spit out damage like their is no tomorrow, and spend half the battle waiting for a rez because they pull way more then they can handle, and sometimes get the group killed as well. likewise how much do you value the healer that only spit out 30-40% of the damage of the DPS, but the group never had to wait for a rez, regardless of how much junk they pulled?

Not saying you need to change your mind just find it curious lol. I feel I should point out that pulling ones own wait in Island expos is built around being Item level 325-340...

As for me I honestly don't mind a few extra minutes as long as we get it done, In addition the changing up of roster can give islands a unique experience (something IE's can be in desperate need of sometimes). I do find it funny that this is basically the reverse of every other type of content where sadly DPS are treated like a dime a dozen and are fast and easily replaced, maybe this is kind of revenge for that Idk lol.

I haven’t done them in months, just stop they are not worth it.

I always tell the 3rd random guy to spec to DPS when me and my RL buddy run weekly islands. I then give even a warning that we will votekick him if he doesn't comply. Usually we get some nasty response worthy of reporting before having to kick him. The people literally would rather waste their and our time than simply switch to DPS. Insane.

Randomly kicking of course is bad and should be punished. Heroic Islands is DPS or leave like many before me have correctly posted before. There are literally HEALING ITEMS (food and "bubbles") in Islands, a healer is obsolete and a timewaste.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-07 at 07:56 PM.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Healer is only useful in mythic man, and your not doing mythic, just go DPS.
    Also report him for abuse, there yaa go.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey we already have two tanks, sorry man"
    "ARE YOU FORCING ME TO CHANGE SPEC IF I WANT TO JOIN, HOW DARE YOU!? RAIDS ARE DESIGNED FOR ALL PLAYERS, AND YOU ARE SAYING I CANT BE A TANKS!?"
    Except one is through a queue and the other one isn't... please think before speaking. But since you are currently banned I suppose that isn't your strong suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I always tell the 3rd random guy to spec to DPS when me and my RL buddy run weekly islands. I then give even a warning that we will votekick him if he doesn't comply. Usually we get some nasty response worthy of reporting before having to kick him. The people literally would rather waste their and our time then simply switch to DPS. Insane.

Randomly kicking of course is bad and should be punished. Heroic Islands is DPS or leave.
    Sounds like you are the only guy wasting anyone's time by throwing a hissy fit then kicking if you don't get your way.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Except one is through a queue and the other one isn't... please think before speaking. But since you are currently banned I suppose that isn't your strong suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you are the only guy wasting anyone's time by throwing a hissy fit then kicking if you don't get your way.
    I am playing the content the way it was designed, do you also not kick your tank in DPS spec when doing a dungeon? Of course you do. I will repeat myself as many times as it takes... Healers are useless and obsolete in heroic islands because there are HEALING ITEMS everywhere that heal you to max HP instantly. Well, the vast majority doesn't even realize that anyway. I have seen ppl run away screaming for off-heal literally ignoring all the food around them.. stupidity knows no borders.

I am playing the content the way it was designed, do you also not kick your tank in DPS spec when doing a dungeon? Of course you do. I will repeat myself as many times as it takes... Healers are useless and obsolete in heroic islands because there are HEALING ITEMS everywhere that heal you to max HP instantly. Well, the vast majority doesn't even realize that anyway. I have seen ppl run away screaming for off-heal literally ignoring all the food around them.. stupidity knows no borders.
    Pretty sad if you desperately need 3 Dps to finish Heroic Retard mode. No doubt you are the bossy guy in the groups who always has the shittiest of Dps making excuses why ur so shitty...

IEs are unfortunately designed against having a healer given all the self healing mechanism. Also your WM talents are enabled which usually give your more survivability.

This is a non issue.

Yes, sometimes you will encounter assholes, who will kick you for no reason. I did around 600 islands now and it happened to me like 10 times total. This is a pretty rare phenomenon, that is no reason to demolish the vote kick system as some people are suggesting. When you get an afker, you want that vote kick option.

As for the issue of healing in non-mythic islands...yes, while not completely useless, it's better not to do that. I personally never kicked, nor attempted to kick anyone for healing islands, but yeah, don't do that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i think you not got that with „both“ op means the 2 other guys, in the 3members island exp group, were from the same realm. and not „both times the same guy“
    Thanks for the translation...yeah..I did not get it. Or decided to be deliberately dumb - But I also don't want to get into a discussion where I am suddenly the one required to understand OPs vague rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's their job to get defensive. AYYYOOOOOO
    Okay, I admit, I laughed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    and is your only metric raw DPS?
    The very last line of that post you quoted was. "The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight." So the answer to your question is no. That doesn't change the fact that a healer in IE is a waste of a slot because they're completely superfluous and unlike a tank they can't actually do anything that's going to speed the run up. And since every healer has a dps role that would speed the run up, either they're in it in IE or I'm votekicking them. I don't even ask anymore, everyone knows this by now they're just refusing to switch to a role that has value in an IE.

During the days when I did Island expeditions, healers would AFK as much as possible with the justification of not having damage-dealing worth its name.
    We'd kick those people in hopes of having them replaced by a player wanting to pull its weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is a non issue.

Yes, sometimes you will encounter assholes, who will kick you for no reason. I did around 600 islands now and it happened to me like 10 times total. This is a pretty rare phenomenon, that is no reason to demolish the vote kick system as some people are suggesting. When you get an afker, you want that vote kick option.

As for the issue of healing in non-mythic islands...yes, while not completely useless, it's better not to do that. I personally never kicked, nor attempted to kick anyone for healing islands, but yeah, don't do that please.

The only people I ever see wanting it demolished are the exact kind of people who would instantly begin abusing having anonymity against being kicked. Best not to listen to them, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I haven’t done them in months, just stop they are not worth it.
    The fact that the OP met the same two other players two times in a row speaks volumes about the...well...volumes of players who are still doing them. I have not done a single Island in the last 3 weeks, either...and before that i just did them ONCE because a guildy asked for help...before that one occasion my last Island was somewhere around the launch of 8.1.

If Warfronts would not offer insane rewards nobody would do them either. I think Arathi is somewhat "ok"...but Dakrshore has to be the biggest snoozefest of this expansion.

Both of the new types of szenarios have failed, imho...if they really spent 4 years since MOP to improve on the concept and this is what they came up with, i think those 4 years have been wasted. They should have stuck with HC Scenarios to cap weekly VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The fact that the OP met the same two other players two times in a row speaks volumes about the...well...volumes of players who are still doing them. .
    Assuming the OP's story is true to begin with, you can 100% meet the same people in matchmaking more than once. Even LFR which is heavily used.

So no, it doesn't speak "volumes" of any kind. The only ones with insight as to how many use IEs are the developers, and they're literally putting man hours into making more IEs...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Pretty sad if you desperately need 3 Dps to finish Heroic Retard mode. No doubt you are the bossy guy in the groups who always has the shittiest of Dps making excuses why ur so shitty...
    I don't talk at all, well apart from informing the healer to switch specs. There are always 2 options: comply, or leave. Seems fair to me. We have finished islands alone, it's just a matter of teaching all the useless healers that they are not wanted nor needed in a heroic island expedition and will be treated with appropriate actions given by the game developers to correct their wrong doing by trying to be carried with "healing".

As for my performance, I am a hardcore player and semi-elitist, you shouldn't worry about my DPS.

In fact, this thread has motivated me to message my buddy and we will do a "heal fishing" island expedition run tomorrow, say, 1 hour of heroic islands and fish for healers and force them to switch specs or be kicked. Apparently there is a lot of support for healers in island expeditions and more need to be cleansed.

I am not really worried about abuse, we have been kicking dozen of healers since the launch of BfA, all my interactions are respectful and we never kick without reason since we politely ask to switch specs, we haven't faced any repercussions despite multiple threats of being reported. I suppose we are not wrong after all.

Example:

Us: Can you please switch to DPS, we don't need a healer.
    Healer: No, I can't/won't change my spec because (insert random excuse)
    Us: Well, then we have to kick you so please change.
    Healer: Insults, threats etc.

I even offer advice what spell to spam since we have all classes covered when the healer says he has never played anything else.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-07 at 11:37 PM.

I don't talk at all, well apart from informing the healer to switch specs. There are always 2 options: comply, or leave. Seems fair to me. We have finished islands alone, it's just a matter of teaching all the useless healers that they are not wanted nor needed in a heroic island expedition and will be treated with appropriate actions given by the game developers to correct their wrong doing by trying to be carried with "healing".

As for my performance, I am a hardcore player and semi-elitist, you shouldn't worry about my DPS.

In fact, this thread has motivated me to message my buddy and we will do a "heal fishing" island expedition run tomorrow, say, 1 hour of heroic islands and fish for healers and force them to switch specs or be kicked. Apparently there is a lot of support for healers in island expeditions and more need to be cleansed.
    If you kick someone for not conforming to how YOU think IEs should be played then you're a shitty human being and part of why the WoW community is so fucking toxic now. If you're so hardcore, why not group up with your guildies instead of waiting for a pug? Something tells me it's because guilds can't stand your shitty attitude either.

If you were actually hardcore you'd be burning through mythics with a guild group, not kicking people from heroics you run with your brother to stroke your own ego. Your posts reek of casual trying to convince himself he's not.

Why do people feel the need to make threads about this? Nobody cares if you get kicked from anything, for any reason.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.