Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am playing the content the way it was designed, do you also not kick your tank in DPS spec when doing a dungeon? Of course you do. I will repeat myself as many times as it takes... Healers are useless and obsolete in heroic islands because there are HEALING ITEMS everywhere that heal you to max HP instantly. Well, the vast majority doesn't even realize that anyway. I have seen ppl run away screaming for off-heal literally ignoring all the food around them.. stupidity knows no borders.
    Pretty sad if you desperately need 3 Dps to finish Heroic Retard mode. No doubt you are the bossy guy in the groups who always has the shittiest of Dps making excuses why ur so shitty...

IEs are unfortunately designed against having a healer given all the self healing mechanism. Also your WM talents are enabled which usually give your more survivability.

This is a non issue.

Yes, sometimes you will encounter assholes, who will kick you for no reason. I did around 600 islands now and it happened to me like 10 times total. This is a pretty rare phenomenon, that is no reason to demolish the vote kick system as some people are suggesting. When you get an afker, you want that vote kick option.

As for the issue of healing in non-mythic islands...yes, while not completely useless, it's better not to do that. I personally never kicked, nor attempted to kick anyone for healing islands, but yeah, don't do that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's their job to get defensive. AYYYOOOOOO
    Okay, I admit, I laughed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    and is your only metric raw DPS?
    The very last line of that post you quoted was. "The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight." So the answer to your question is no. That doesn't change the fact that a healer in IE is a waste of a slot because they're completely superfluous and unlike a tank they can't actually do anything that's going to speed the run up. And since every healer has a dps role that would speed the run up, either they're in it in IE or I'm votekicking them. I don't even ask anymore, everyone knows this by now they're just refusing to switch to a role that has value in an IE.

During the days when I did Island expeditions, healers would AFK as much as possible with the justification of not having damage-dealing worth its name.
    We'd kick those people in hopes of having them replaced by a player wanting to pull its weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is a non issue.

Yes, sometimes you will encounter assholes, who will kick you for no reason. I did around 600 islands now and it happened to me like 10 times total. This is a pretty rare phenomenon, that is no reason to demolish the vote kick system as some people are suggesting. When you get an afker, you want that vote kick option.

As for the issue of healing in non-mythic islands...yes, while not completely useless, it's better not to do that. I personally never kicked, nor attempted to kick anyone for healing islands, but yeah, don't do that please.

The only people I ever see wanting it demolished are the exact kind of people who would instantly begin abusing having anonymity against being kicked. Best not to listen to them, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I haven’t done them in months, just stop they are not worth it.
    The fact that the OP met the same two other players two times in a row speaks volumes about the...well...volumes of players who are still doing them. I have not done a single Island in the last 3 weeks, either...and before that i just did them ONCE because a guildy asked for help...before that one occasion my last Island was somewhere around the launch of 8.1.

If Warfronts would not offer insane rewards nobody would do them either. I think Arathi is somewhat "ok"...but Dakrshore has to be the biggest snoozefest of this expansion.

Both of the new types of szenarios have failed, imho...if they really spent 4 years since MOP to improve on the concept and this is what they came up with, i think those 4 years have been wasted. They should have stuck with HC Scenarios to cap weekly VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The fact that the OP met the same two other players two times in a row speaks volumes about the...well...volumes of players who are still doing them. .
    Assuming the OP's story is true to begin with, you can 100% meet the same people in matchmaking more than once. Even LFR which is heavily used.

So no, it doesn't speak "volumes" of any kind. The only ones with insight as to how many use IEs are the developers, and they're literally putting man hours into making more IEs...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Pretty sad if you desperately need 3 Dps to finish Heroic Retard mode. No doubt you are the bossy guy in the groups who always has the shittiest of Dps making excuses why ur so shitty...
    I don't talk at all, well apart from informing the healer to switch specs. There are always 2 options: comply, or leave. Seems fair to me. We have finished islands alone, it's just a matter of teaching all the useless healers that they are not wanted nor needed in a heroic island expedition and will be treated with appropriate actions given by the game developers to correct their wrong doing by trying to be carried with "healing".

As for my performance, I am a hardcore player and semi-elitist, you shouldn't worry about my DPS.

In fact, this thread has motivated me to message my buddy and we will do a "heal fishing" island expedition run tomorrow, say, 1 hour of heroic islands and fish for healers and force them to switch specs or be kicked. Apparently there is a lot of support for healers in island expeditions and more need to be cleansed.

I am not really worried about abuse, we have been kicking dozen of healers since the launch of BfA, all my interactions are respectful and we never kick without reason since we politely ask to switch specs, we haven't faced any repercussions despite multiple threats of being reported. I suppose we are not wrong after all.

Example:

Us: Can you please switch to DPS, we don't need a healer.
    Healer: No, I can't/won't change my spec because (insert random excuse)
    Us: Well, then we have to kick you so please change.
    Healer: Insults, threats etc.

I even offer advice what spell to spam since we have all classes covered when the healer says he has never played anything else.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-07 at 11:37 PM.

I don't talk at all, well apart from informing the healer to switch specs. There are always 2 options: comply, or leave. Seems fair to me. We have finished islands alone, it's just a matter of teaching all the useless healers that they are not wanted nor needed in a heroic island expedition and will be treated with appropriate actions given by the game developers to correct their wrong doing by trying to be carried with "healing".

As for my performance, I am a hardcore player and semi-elitist, you shouldn't worry about my DPS.

In fact, this thread has motivated me to message my buddy and we will do a "heal fishing" island expedition run tomorrow, say, 1 hour of heroic islands and fish for healers and force them to switch specs or be kicked. Apparently there is a lot of support for healers in island expeditions and more need to be cleansed.
    If you kick someone for not conforming to how YOU think IEs should be played then you're a shitty human being and part of why the WoW community is so fucking toxic now. If you're so hardcore, why not group up with your guildies instead of waiting for a pug? Something tells me it's because guilds can't stand your shitty attitude either.

If you were actually hardcore you'd be burning through mythics with a guild group, not kicking people from heroics you run with your brother to stroke your own ego. Your posts reek of casual trying to convince himself he's not.

Why do people feel the need to make threads about this? Nobody cares if you get kicked from anything, for any reason.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If you were actually hardcore you'd be burning through mythics with a guild group, not kicking people from heroics you run with your brother to stroke your own ego. Your posts reek of casual trying to convince himself he's not.
    I am just convincing useless healers to not join the queue or be expected to be kicked by the tools given by the game. You can project, guess and assume about me all you want, they WILL be removed regardless because I strongly believe what I am doing is what the developer envisioned for this game mode. I don't feel bad, nor am I evil since the game literally shows you: We don't need a healer, you can heal instantly after every pack or pick up food in fight. I see myself more like a teacher than a villain although most don't seem to see it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Island Expeditions (and scenarios) were made in such a way that a group of any composition could complete them. They did that to accelerate group formation on the group finder, so that people don't have to wait for a tank or a healer to play. Obviously that failed miserably, since now players are kicking out other players because the only group composition they want is dps-dps-dps.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Island Expeditions (and scenarios) were made in such a way that a group of any composition could complete them. They did that to accelerate group formation on the group finder, so that people don't have to wait for a tank or a healer to play. Obviously that failed miserably, since now players are kicking out other players because the only group composition they want is dps-dps-dps.
    And rightly so, if the fastest possible constellation is dps dps dps, then everyone should be expected to be dps. All classes have dps spec there is NO EXCUSE not to.

I am just convincing useless healers to not join the queue or be expected to be kicked by the tools given by the game. You can project, guess and assume about me all you want, they WILL be removed regardless because I strongly believe what I am doing is what the developer envisioned for this game mode.
    Lol, there is no projecting here bud, just accurate observations that a brief glance at your post history has confirmed:
    Shaman uses lightning spells, that is unique and I will continue to play this class until the day I or WoW dies. I always, ALWAYS roll the lightning damage type DPS. Numbers don't matter to me, I am a filthy casual that doesn't raid but plays for fun all day.
    No new content will be released for Classic, as such sooner or later people will quit and the remaining players will need to take what is left, so yes, at some point the fully decked out optimal raid that is missing a couple players will need to pick up suboptimal speccs that refuse to respecc/reroll. :P

Also the beauty of a finished development cycle is, once you finish the content, to make it interesting again you will manually put rules on yourself and see if you can still do it. Like challenge runs for SP games. (Dark souls naked runs etc.) I can 100% guarantee you that in 1-2 years there will be raids that try to finish the game with nothing BUT sub-optimal classes just for the challenge/fun.

Optimal played Classic WoW will be pretty boring, everything is known and thus sub-optimal raiding will be my meat of the game. I will finish the raids on my Prot Warrior and then form a guild to try and finish the raids without any optimal speccs. Honestly, I am looking forward that the most! Feral Tanking!
    What's happening here is that you are a completely casual player, who plays completely casually, but you are ashamed of being a casual and trying to convince yourself you aren't by "being hardcore" about a highly casual part of the game that does not even remotely require optimal configuration to complete in a timely manner.

Tanks and healers really only carry their weight in normal/heroic when they've got one of the items that plays to their strength. Unless I have Lightprisms, I never do islands on my healer characters for that reason.

That said, I'd never kick a healer in an IE or even tell them to swap, but I admit that I always sigh a little when I get one. The only times I've ever lost an IE are when I get put with two healers or two tanks but even then we almost won, so it's not like it's that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol, there is no projecting here bud, just accurate observations that a brief glance at your post history has confirmed:

What's happening here is that you are a completely casual player, who plays completely casually, but you are ashamed of being a casual and trying to convince yourself you aren't by "being hardcore" about a highly casual part of the game that does not even remotely require optimal configuration to complete in a timely manner.
    That was long ago, I have now started being extremely efficient and researched my class and theory-craft a lot. (I have 1,5k M+ Season 1) It happened when I started playing PoE for 2 months and realized I was being bad in most games. It's hard to believe but my life basically turned upside down (thanks GGG) and now I am way more elitist in WoW as well as all the games I also play. Sorry but you picked the wrong timing, I guess I can't blame you. These postings stink of casual but it is no more my persona.

Let's get back to topic shall we? Unless you want to derail this thread and turn this about myself. Do you think healers are needed in island expeditions?

That was long ago, I have now started being extremely efficient and researched my class and theory-craft a lot. (I have 1,5k M+ Season 1) It happened when I started playing PoE for 2 months and realized I was being bad in most games. It's hard to believe but my life basically turned upside down (thanks GGG) and now I am way more elitist in WoW as well as all the games I also play. Sorry but you picked the wrong timing, I guess I can't blame you. These postings stink of casual but it is no more my persona.

Let's get back to topic shall we? Unless you want to derail this thread and turn this about myself. Do you think healers are needed in island expeditions?
    You do realize that you immediately kicking healers is actually considered griefing. I hope someone fucking reports you.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Don't join as a healer? Unless you're going in a group of friends going as a healer is wasting everyone's time. The content isn't designed to need a healer or a tank.
    Blizzard- Bring the player, not the class

I do enjoy how fucking nonsense any of their statements are.
    We both know you're wrong, I'm just louder than your quiet conscious.

Three months is a long time ago? Again, you are not "w-way more elitist now, I promise!" because as we covered at the very start, you wouldn't even be doing heroic islands if you were an actually hardcore player. You are a casual trying embarrassingly hard to be seen as hardcore.

Nothing is needed in island expeditions, because unless you are literally handicap it is just as easy to complete a 2 DPS 1 healer island as it is to complete a 3 DPS one, or 2 DPS 1 tank one, or 2 tank 1 DPS one. You just pull more because the increase healing means you can soak damage instead of running around to pick up items, can engage, kill or hold up the NPC team with more ease and just generally beat the island just as well.

The problem here is that despite being """""totally not casual now, believe me!""""" you don't even understand how to play anything other than zerg DPS optimally.