View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
1201. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

609 50.71%
  • Necromancer

167 13.91%
  • Dark Ranger

180 14.99%
  • Bard

86 7.16%
  • Warden

24 2.00%
  • Spellbreaker

33 2.75%
  • Dragonsworn

61 5.08%
  • Timewalker

41 3.41%
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the class is it'll most likely:

1: Be a mail armor class to fill the armor type gap.

2: Have at least one ranged DPS spec, again to fill the role gap.

3: Possibly also have a healing and/or tank spec since hybrids are the most popular classes.

With all that in mind plus the fact that there are actual Tinkers in existence in BfA, I would think that it's the next class.

Tinker would wear mail armor and have a ranged DPS that uses guns (and most likely bows/crossbows too, for convenience sake). They'll most likely have a tank spec which has a mech as their tanking mechanic. They'll for sure have at least one ranged DPS spec like I mentioned, that uses guns/bows/xbows.

Their third spec is up for debate. It could be a melee spec since they are still the most popular play style in the game and Blizz would want to pull in the melee players to the class as well. It could be a second ranged DPS spec, since again, they are at a deficit right now. It could be a healing spec in which they heal sort of like Ana from OW with "biotic" shots and grenades. Or they could just have 2 specs like DHs (probably not as likely).

If I had to guess, it would be 1 tank spec, 1 ranged DPS spec and 1 healing spec.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It better not be another Melee DPS class. I've been waiting for a new ranged DPS class since... they started adding new classes. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    New class will be Ion
    Will come with a new gear type: the gimp suit.
    New stats added to the game: arrogance, indifference, apathy.
    New class will be Brenz

will come with a new gear type: cheeto-dust covered cloth
    new stats added to the game: illiteracy, irrational hatred, circle-jerk skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    It better not be another Melee DPS class. I've been waiting for a new ranged DPS class since... they started adding new classes. -_-
    The top 3 choices in the poll are all ranged, so it would appear that the majority of posters agree with you.

No plz!
    WoW does not need yet another broken class.
    It makes no sense to add another spec when more than half of the current ones are broken.
    I prefer that they fix and / or renew all the progression and combat system mechanics rather than having a new class with a system that is too obsolete and that has a lot of design errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Yeah, dragons would be really nice, we have a lot of dragons on wow, but we don't have any class/race based on that. If we look into it, we don't even have ONE reptile playable race, so yeah what you say is highly likely to happen one day, but not as a class I think. If dragons become a thing my guess would be as a playable race, so maybe they are setting that up? Would be really nice
    The more I think about it the more likely it will be a Dragon Related class and next expansion is probably the Emerald Dream. The dragons can take the form of any race they so choose so I doubt they will get a special race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's that time of year again! In less than 7 months, the next WoW class will be announced for the new WoW expansion. ....
    None.

They'll do More allied Races.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    SOLD!... I don’t know or personally see how the rogues abilities and tool kit transfer, but I like it.
    It's not fit much there, same way as corsair/pirate stuff that they trying to push in combat branch (or new melee s.hunter ). Just ridiculous (it breaks class mechanics, as actually do any orientation to role/specs instead of integral design of each. particular. class. specifically). We discussed it already more than once.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-30 at 08:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    What about no new class, but balancing current ones? Ah right...

Fan boys want new class, and don't give a shit about balancing.
    What about add new class?

Complainers want to complain about new things and dont give a shit about going through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much time left until the big reveal. It would appear that the top 2 choices have the best chance at becoming the next class after the BlizzCon art reveal.

Between the Dark RAnger and the Tinker, I really think that Blizzard wants to make a new mail class that tanks and heals, so Tinker has the advantage IMO. However we’ll see soon enough.

Not much time left until the big reveal. It would appear that the top 2 choices have the best chance at becoming the next class after the BlizzCon art reveal.

Between the Dark RAnger and the Tinker, I really think that Blizzard wants to make a new mail class that tanks and heals, so Tinker has the advantage IMO. However we’ll see soon enough.
    If anything, they need to combine 2 classes in order to simplify the game. I would vote for combining Demon Hunter and Warlock with the new class having 4 specs with 2 from Demon Hunter and 2 from warlock. The current developers are not smart enough to handle anything bigger than a mobile game and that reality must be dealt with. After this, they need to combine Death Knight and Paladin to also have 4 specs that would feature a light and dark side class. to finish this off you could combine Rogue and Warrior to have 4 specs. At this point if more simplification for the short bus developers is needed you could also combine priest and mage to make a 4 spec cloth caster with 2 heal specs and 2 dps specs. Other simplifications would be; getting rid of one of the ranged specs on the hunter and combining monk and shaman to get rid of a total of 10 specs. At some point a class can be added that the current developers are talented enough to handle and it shall be called the Minecraft class, this one shall have 1 attack ability and one permanent weapon with a permanent armor value that will never change.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2019-09-08 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If anything, they need to combine 2 classes in order to simplify the game. I would vote for combining Demon Hunter and Warlock with the new class having 4 specs with 2 from Demon Hunter and 2 from warlock. The current developers are not smart enough to handle anything bigger than a mobile game and that reality must be dealt with. After this, they need to combine Death Knight and Paladin to also have 4 specs that would feature a light and dark side class. to finish this off you could combine Rogue and Warrior to have 4 specs. At this point if more simplification for the short bus developers is needed you could also combine priest and mage to make a 4 spec cloth caster with 2 heal specs and 2 dps specs. Other simplifications would be; getting rid of one of the ranged specs on the hunter and combining monk and shaman to get rid of a total of 10 specs. At some point a class can be added that the current developers are talented enough to handle and it shall be called the Minecraft class, this one shall have 1 attack ability and one permanent weapon with a permanent armor value that will never change.
    Yeah that's not going to happen. I know people have some warped notion that Blizzard is incapable of creating things anymore, but in all reality the next expansion is going to be like previous expansions (probably one of the better expansions if tradition holds) and we're going to get a standard 3-spec class.

15+ Year Old Account
    T I N K E R or MULTICLASS

Tinker for we play ugly gnomes/goblin that nobody play?no thanks.
    warden,necromancer,dark ranger,blademasters,thiz ones all right oh yeaa .no tinker no bards please..

Yeah that's not going to happen. I know people have some warped notion that Blizzard is incapable of creating things anymore, but in all reality the next expansion is going to be like previous expansions (probably one of the better expansions if tradition holds) and we're going to get a standard 3-spec class.
    ill bet u it will be 2 specs cuz blizzard are lazy, u know, if demon hunters releaesd back in tbc when they were planned, they wouldve had 3 specs no questions asked. only the blizzard of today can get away with 2 specs and create a dunb reason for not doing 3 specs but yolo we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    ill bet u it will be 2 specs cuz blizzard are lazy, u know, if demon hunters releaesd back in tbc when they were planned, they wouldve had 3 specs no questions asked. only the blizzard of today can get away with 2 specs and create a dunb reason for not doing 3 specs but yolo we'll see...
    The blizzard back then couldn't do it, which is why we didn't get it back then. Demonhunter is a one trick pony with an incredibly narrow niche, they had to make up the tank spec entirely and in the end the whole class is still fairly light-weight when it comes to mechanical depth. Wringing out a 3rd spec would have been even more flimsy than the already existing 2, no matter what your head canon might wish for. Admitting to that is one of the few credits I'm willing to give Blizzard these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Nah, Blizzard wanted a 3rd spec for DHs, but it didnt work due to the lore of the class. IMO, I think Blizzard wants a full hybrid class that can perform all roles. We only have three classes that can do that now.

Nah, Blizzard wanted a 3rd spec for DHs, but it didnt work due to the lore of the class. IMO, I think Blizzard wants a full hybrid class that can perform all roles. We only have three classes that can do that now.
    yea thats what im saying, i dont believe the blizzard of the past during tbc for example would have said "oh sorry we dont think 3 specs works because of lore" t they wouldve easily made it up

See the most potential in the Tinker class.
    Tank/Healer and Dps.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll give Necromancer 50% chance, Tinker 25%, 20% that we will get class skins instead of new class and 5% for something else.