View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
824. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tinker

    416 50.49%
  • Necromancer

    115 13.96%
  • Dark Ranger

    127 15.41%
  • Bard

    58 7.04%
  • Warden

    14 1.70%
  • Spellbreaker

    25 3.03%
  • Dragonsworn

    38 4.61%
  • Timewalker

    31 3.76%
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    1,043
    I still want a cowboy class, a mid-range, dual-pistol, gunslingin’ sonofabitch. Wears cloth, because denim isn’t an armor type, but can’t equip if it’s a dress... the dream, especially if Vulpera make it to the playable state.

  2. #582
    Tinkers have a problem. New classes are expansion-themed (DK - lich, DH - Legion, Monk - Pandaria)... and Mechagon is right here, not in 9.0.

    And for a future class, I want the GW2´s mesmer. An illusion caster and melee with portals, copies to distract enemies, so so fun.

  3. #583
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Tinkers have a problem. New classes are expansion-themed (DK - lich, DH - Legion, Monk - Pandaria)... and Mechagon is right here, not in 9.0.
    Just like Hellfire Citadel, Gul'dan and Archimonde were in 6.2, and yet we still wound up with Legion in 7.0.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Just like Hellfire Citadel, Gul'dan and Archimonde were in 6.2, and yet we still wound up with Legion in 7.0.
    But we know BFA will be getting a 6.3 and that will leave Mechagon (potentially) behind and introduce new themes that (might potentially) follow to 9.0
    I'd say outlook for Tinkers being the 9.0 new class is bleak based on that.

  5. #585
    I'd say Tinkers are the one class that doesn't need to be tied in to an expansion theme. Mech suits with explosives are going to be handy no matter what we're going to face next.
    Yohohoho

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I'd say Tinkers are the one class that doesn't need to be tied in to an expansion theme. Mech suits with explosives are going to be handy no matter what we're going to face next.
    What if you are facing EMP?

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Tinkers have a problem. New classes are expansion-themed (DK - lich, DH - Legion, Monk - Pandaria)... and Mechagon is right here, not in 9.0.

    And for a future class, I want the GW2´s mesmer. An illusion caster and melee with portals, copies to distract enemies, so so fun.
    Ok so if not a tinker, what class do you expect?
    Justice for Gilneas! Justice for the Broken Shore! Justice for Teldrassil!

  8. #588
    What we need is a new Ranged DPS + Healer combo.

    Every New class has a Melee DPS spec
    Every New class has a Tank Spec
    Two of Three New classes can heal

    Assuming the Hybrid fetish continues, it should be a healer.
    Personally I wouldn’t mind a new pure DPS class with 2 Ranged and maybe 1 Melee DPS spec. The Melee could be a hybrid Melee/Ranged i.e. 10-15 yard range on most abilities.

    Tinker does sound likely, although not my first choice.

  9. #589
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But we know BFA will be getting a 6.3 and that will leave Mechagon (potentially) behind and introduce new themes that (might potentially) follow to 9.0
    I'd say outlook for Tinkers being the 9.0 new class is bleak based on that.
    Just because we're supposedly done with Mechagon by 8.3, doesn't mean that storylines or themes introduced from Mechagon will completely wrap up or end.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What if you are facing EMP?
    Any Tinker worth his salt has a gun to fall back on. Try to short circuit these Bullets.
    Yohohoho

  11. #591
    I had a vision: Dragonsworn is coming!


  12. #592
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I had a vision: Dragonsworn is coming!

    With the Dragons making an appearance in 8.2 that's possible. However, I have yet to see a Dragonsworn in the game that could be made into it's own class.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    Ok so if not a tinker, what class do you expect?
    I don´t know, i think Tinker could be great. I was only pointing the problem I see about the way Blizzard introduce new classes.

    I want anything except a dark-magic-curse class.

    Why not Alchemist?

  14. #594
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    I don´t know, i think Tinker could be great. I was only pointing the problem I see about the way Blizzard introduce new classes.

    I want anything except a dark-magic-curse class.

    Why not Alchemist?
    Monks are pretty much an alchemist class.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Any Tinker worth his salt has a gun to fall back on. Try to short circuit these Bullets.
    Kevlar baby!

  16. #596
    Tinkerer makes most sense at this point in the game.

    Between the increasing technological advancements of Goblins/Gnomes, their prominence in the story so far and the discovery of mechagon and potential new allied race of Mechagnomes. We've slowly been moving towards a more technological age in WoW.

    Add to this the potential for the next tri-role class with Tinkerer that isn't a complete asspull... it just makes sense.

    Mechsuit enhanced tanking, alchemical based healing and ranged tech based dps. Winner Winner, my dream class.

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Kevlar baby!
    You have kevlar over your head? Im impressed!
    *Throws a bunch of dynamite*
    Yohohoho

  18. #598
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Tinkerer makes most sense at this point in the game.

    Between the increasing technological advancements of Goblins/Gnomes, their prominence in the story so far and the discovery of mechagon and potential new allied race of Mechagnomes. We've slowly been moving towards a more technological age in WoW.

    Add to this the potential for the next tri-role class with Tinkerer that isn't a complete asspull... it just makes sense.

    Mechsuit enhanced tanking, alchemical based healing and ranged tech based dps. Winner Winner, my dream class.
    Yeah, I do think Blizzard probably wants to bring in another tri-role class after what happened with Demon Hunters.

    We'll see soon enough though.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  19. #599
    With the Dragons making an appearance in 8.2 that's possible. However, I have yet to see a Dragonsworn in the game that could be made into it's own class.
    The dragons have a new mission of some kind and they are recruiting heroes, whom are given some of the dragon's powers.

    Tank: Earth/Black Dragons & Arcane/Blue Dragons (we dont have an arcane tank yet, so this would be nice, maybe with illusion shields)
    Healer: Lifefire/Red Dragons & Chronomancy/Bronze Dragons
    DPS: Dragon Strength/Proto Dragons & Lightning/Storm Dragons

    All will have some selfheal & CC --> Dreams & Nature/Green Dragons
    And ofcourse all will have a breathweapon

  20. #600
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    The dragons have a new mission of some kind and they are recruiting heroes, whom are given some of the dragon's powers.

    Tank: Earth/Black Dragons & Arcane/Blue Dragons (we dont have an arcane tank yet, so this would be nice, maybe with illusion shields)
    Healer: Lifefire/Red Dragons & Chronomancy/Bronze Dragons
    DPS: Dragon Strength/Proto Dragons & Lightning/Storm Dragons

    All will have some selfheal & CC --> Dreams & Nature/Green Dragons
    And ofcourse all will have a breathweapon
    Yeah, the Dragonflights don't mix and match like that, which makes it difficult to develop specs because abilities tend to be spread over multiple specs.

    You pretty much have to base the class on a single Dragonflight. Additionally (or alternatively) you can make the character an actual dragon.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •