View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
1201. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

609 50.71%
  • Necromancer

167 13.91%
  • Dark Ranger

180 14.99%
  • Bard

86 7.16%
  • Warden

24 2.00%
  • Spellbreaker

33 2.75%
  • Dragonsworn

61 5.08%
  • Timewalker

41 3.41%
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But we know BFA will be getting a 6.3 and that will leave Mechagon (potentially) behind and introduce new themes that (might potentially) follow to 9.0
    I'd say outlook for Tinkers being the 9.0 new class is bleak based on that.
    Just because we're supposedly done with Mechagon by 8.3, doesn't mean that storylines or themes introduced from Mechagon will completely wrap up or end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What if you are facing EMP?
    Any Tinker worth his salt has a gun to fall back on. Try to short circuit these Bullets.
    Yohohoho

5+ Year Old Account
    I had a vision: Dragonsworn is coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I had a vision: Dragonsworn is coming!

With the Dragons making an appearance in 8.2 that's possible. However, I have yet to see a Dragonsworn in the game that could be made into it's own class.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    Ok so if not a tinker, what class do you expect?
    I don´t know, i think Tinker could be great. I was only pointing the problem I see about the way Blizzard introduce new classes.

I want anything except a dark-magic-curse class.

Why not Alchemist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    I don´t know, i think Tinker could be great. I was only pointing the problem I see about the way Blizzard introduce new classes.

I want anything except a dark-magic-curse class.

Why not Alchemist?
    Monks are pretty much an alchemist class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Any Tinker worth his salt has a gun to fall back on. Try to short circuit these Bullets.
    Kevlar baby!

Tinkerer makes most sense at this point in the game.

Between the increasing technological advancements of Goblins/Gnomes, their prominence in the story so far and the discovery of mechagon and potential new allied race of Mechagnomes. We've slowly been moving towards a more technological age in WoW.

Add to this the potential for the next tri-role class with Tinkerer that isn't a complete asspull... it just makes sense.

Mechsuit enhanced tanking, alchemical based healing and ranged tech based dps. Winner Winner, my dream class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Kevlar baby!
    You have kevlar over your head? Im impressed!
    *Throws a bunch of dynamite*
    Yohohoho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Tinkerer makes most sense at this point in the game.

Between the increasing technological advancements of Goblins/Gnomes, their prominence in the story so far and the discovery of mechagon and potential new allied race of Mechagnomes. We've slowly been moving towards a more technological age in WoW.

Add to this the potential for the next tri-role class with Tinkerer that isn't a complete asspull... it just makes sense.

Mechsuit enhanced tanking, alchemical based healing and ranged tech based dps. Winner Winner, my dream class.
    Yeah, I do think Blizzard probably wants to bring in another tri-role class after what happened with Demon Hunters.

We'll see soon enough though.

5+ Year Old Account
    With the Dragons making an appearance in 8.2 that's possible. However, I have yet to see a Dragonsworn in the game that could be made into it's own class.
    The dragons have a new mission of some kind and they are recruiting heroes, whom are given some of the dragon's powers.

Tank: Earth/Black Dragons & Arcane/Blue Dragons (we dont have an arcane tank yet, so this would be nice, maybe with illusion shields)
    Healer: Lifefire/Red Dragons & Chronomancy/Bronze Dragons
    DPS: Dragon Strength/Proto Dragons & Lightning/Storm Dragons

All will have some selfheal & CC --> Dreams & Nature/Green Dragons
    And ofcourse all will have a breathweapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    The dragons have a new mission of some kind and they are recruiting heroes, whom are given some of the dragon's powers.

Tank: Earth/Black Dragons & Arcane/Blue Dragons (we dont have an arcane tank yet, so this would be nice, maybe with illusion shields)
    Healer: Lifefire/Red Dragons & Chronomancy/Bronze Dragons
    DPS: Dragon Strength/Proto Dragons & Lightning/Storm Dragons

All will have some selfheal & CC --> Dreams & Nature/Green Dragons
    And ofcourse all will have a breathweapon
    Yeah, the Dragonflights don't mix and match like that, which makes it difficult to develop specs because abilities tend to be spread over multiple specs.

You pretty much have to base the class on a single Dragonflight. Additionally (or alternatively) you can make the character an actual dragon.

I always chuckle when people ask for new classes, when we can't even get the current classes balanced.

Necromancer. If Sylvie will be Lich King 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Necromancer. If Sylvie will be Lich King 2.0
    Honestly if Sylvannas plays a prominent role (again) in the next expansion, you're looking at Dark Rangers, not Necromancers.

what they really should be doing over adding a new class, is adding a 4th spec, or atleast bring back old and new abilities for the current classes

A lot of people like Tinkers, but it is not certain they will be introduced right now. I am fairly certain that they will eventually be introduced, but I don't think it will be on patch 9.0. They introduce classes based on expansion themes, and there's a mecha expansion coming which will happen in the underground, but it is highly likely that it won't be on 9.0 so there won't be Tinkers next.

Other than that the most likely classes to happen would be Dark Rangers, Shadow Hunters, Wardens or Necromancers (these are less likely as a full class tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    A lot of people like Tinkers, but it is not certain they will be introduced right now. I am fairly certain that they will eventually be introduced, but I don't think it will be on patch 9.0. They introduce classes based on expansion themes, and there's a mecha expansion coming which will happen in the underground, but it is highly likely that it won't be on 9.0 so there won't be Tinkers next.

Other than that the most likely classes to happen would be Dark Rangers, Shadow Hunters, Wardens or Necromancers (these are less likely as a full class tho)
    There's a bunch of stuff happening with Dragons and the Heart of Azeroth. The talk about 'uniting the dragonflights' has me hopeful of a Dragonsworn class, despite lacking any concrete identity right now.

I mean I see this class like the Avatar (Airbender) or an Infinity Gauntlet bearer (who isn't Thanos) that fights with the power of the Dragons. I think we're going to get a taste of that come 8.2, which could lead into a more formal Class that would make sense battling the Old Gods in future expansions.

I don’t think Dragonsworn fits as a class at all. More like an actual GOOD follow-up to artifacts weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I don’t think Dragonsworn fits as a class at all. More like an actual GOOD follow-up to artifacts weapons.
    Yeah, I think a new dragon-based profession based on the aspects would make more sense.