View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
824. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tinker

416 50.49%
  • Necromancer

115 13.96%
  • Dark Ranger

127 15.41%
  • Bard

58 7.04%
  • Warden

14 1.70%
  • Spellbreaker

25 3.03%
  • Dragonsworn

38 4.61%
  • Timewalker

31 3.76%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    As someone else just recently pointed out in this thread, I think the best move forward isn’t a new class, but the Allied Race version of classes. All the heavy lifting of class is done, just brand new visuals, animations, and spell names. This is where the oft mentioned Necromancer could finally be realized. Doing it the same way as the Warlock green fire isn’t appealing, and unlocking them like Allied Races doesn’t feel good either (personally unlocking AR is fine by me).

Necromancer - Warlock
    Void Templar - Paladin (Sunwalker, Elune Knight)
    Shadow Inquisitor - Priest
    Spell-Blade - Demon Hunter
    Hunter - Shadow Hunter or Dark Ranger
    Mage - Witch(Drustvar-esque)
    - don’t know why I switched the format -
    Death Knights - Spell-Breaker sans shield or a Fel Knight

The remaining classes I can’t easily come up with something.

I personally wouldn’t mind if we got one spec classes. I’d like a gunslinger, but I don’t think the rogue or the Hunter really encompasses that niche class flavor, this could be more interesting and easier for Blizz to add, or I’m wrong.

well a new class with abilities to go underground instead of flying or stealth would be nice .

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    Sounds boring AF
    Yeah sure, let's go and post more headcanon about how Gnomes,Goblins, Tinkers and Tech as a whole is actually a super popular concept among the WoW playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    As someone else just recently pointed out in this thread, I think the best move forward isn’t a new class, but the Allied Race version of classes. All the heavy lifting of class is done, just brand new visuals, animations, and spell names. This is where the oft mentioned Necromancer could finally be realized. Doing it the same way as the Warlock green fire isn’t appealing, and unlocking them like Allied Races doesn’t feel good either (personally unlocking AR is fine by me).

Necromancer - Warlock

I personally wouldn’t mind if we got one spec classes. I’d like a gunslinger, but I don’t think the rogue or the Hunter really encompasses that niche class flavor, this could be more interesting and easier for Blizz to add, or I’m wrong.
    This would require far more work than just one new class, and I think this falls under 4th spec, which Ion has stated isn't happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah sure, let's go and post more headcanon about how Gnomes,Goblins, Tinkers and Tech as a whole is actually a super popular concept among the WoW playerbase.
    Well, it kinda is.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This would require far more work than just one new class, and I think this falls under 4th spec, which Ion has stated isn't happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it kinda is.
    Just art resources literally not even one “new” spec

Necromancer - Warlock

Rogue -> Bard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Rogue -> Bard.
    SOLD!... I don’t know or personally see how the rogues abilities and tool kit transfer, but I like it.

Though the core class is very different, I think the Priest could teanslate better, ability-wise. You have a bunch of heals and support, and Shadow has mind control and fear effects on top of mana leeching and other support buffs.

Whatever the class is it'll most likely:

1: Be a mail armor class to fill the armor type gap.

2: Have at least one ranged DPS spec, again to fill the role gap.

3: Possibly also have a healing and/or tank spec since hybrids are the most popular classes.

With all that in mind plus the fact that there are actual Tinkers in existence in BfA, I would think that it's the next class.

Tinker would wear mail armor and have a ranged DPS that uses guns (and most likely bows/crossbows too, for convenience sake). They'll most likely have a tank spec which has a mech as their tanking mechanic. They'll for sure have at least one ranged DPS spec like I mentioned, that uses guns/bows/xbows.

Their third spec is up for debate. It could be a melee spec since they are still the most popular play style in the game and Blizz would want to pull in the melee players to the class as well. It could be a second ranged DPS spec, since again, they are at a deficit right now. It could be a healing spec in which they heal sort of like Ana from OW with "biotic" shots and grenades. Or they could just have 2 specs like DHs (probably not as likely).

If I had to guess, it would be 1 tank spec, 1 ranged DPS spec and 1 healing spec.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It better not be another Melee DPS class. I've been waiting for a new ranged DPS class since... they started adding new classes. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    New class will be Ion
    Will come with a new gear type: the gimp suit.
    New stats added to the game: arrogance, indifference, apathy.
    New class will be Brenz

will come with a new gear type: cheeto-dust covered cloth
    new stats added to the game: illiteracy, irrational hatred, circle-jerk skill

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    It better not be another Melee DPS class. I've been waiting for a new ranged DPS class since... they started adding new classes. -_-
    The top 3 choices in the poll are all ranged, so it would appear that the majority of posters agree with you.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    New class will be Brenz

will come with a new gear type: cheeto-dust covered cloth
    new stats added to the game: illiteracy, irrational hatred, circle-jerk skill
    Oh no, did I offend you by making fun of your crush.

No plz!
    WoW does not need yet another broken class.
    It makes no sense to add another spec when more than half of the current ones are broken.
    I prefer that they fix and / or renew all the progression and combat system mechanics rather than having a new class with a system that is too obsolete and that has a lot of design errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Yeah, dragons would be really nice, we have a lot of dragons on wow, but we don't have any class/race based on that. If we look into it, we don't even have ONE reptile playable race, so yeah what you say is highly likely to happen one day, but not as a class I think. If dragons become a thing my guess would be as a playable race, so maybe they are setting that up? Would be really nice
    The more I think about it the more likely it will be a Dragon Related class and next expansion is probably the Emerald Dream. The dragons can take the form of any race they so choose so I doubt they will get a special race.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's that time of year again! In less than 7 months, the next WoW class will be announced for the new WoW expansion. ....
    None.

They'll do More allied Races.

Arrow

SOLD!... I don’t know or personally see how the rogues abilities and tool kit transfer, but I like it.
    It's not fit much there, same way as corsair/pirate stuff that they trying to push in combat branch (or new melee s.hunter ). Just ridiculous (it breaks class mechanics, as actually do any orientation to role/specs instead of integral design of each. particular. class. specifically). We discussed it already more than once.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-30 at 08:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    What about no new class, but balancing current ones? Ah right...

Fan boys want new class, and don't give a shit about balancing.
    What about add new class?

Complainers want to complain about new things and dont give a shit about going through.