Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hold on, i didn't know Niobe/Ellaria Sand voiced Jaina's mom

Stood in the Fire
    So... the actress that plays Ellaria Sand in GoT voices Katherine Proudmore. Had to google that after doing a double take.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I come from a country with a long history of dubbing foreign language films, so...well...voice actors never look like you imagine them
    I didn't think anyone actually watched dubbed trash. I guess you learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    A while back, during Legion, I was watching Continuum on Netflix. It suddenly struck me that Kagame (played by Tony Amendola who was also Master Bra'tac in Stargate SG1) was a dead ringer for Khadgar. And sure enough, when I looked it up, he was.

Another moment was watching Star Trek Enterprise and recognising Malcolm's voice (played by Dominic Keating) to be that of Tirathon - the Demon Hunter first boss in Vault of the Wardens.
    fun fact dominic keaton also voices the templar follower in diablo 3, so when legion came out all those of us that played D3 prior were like, 'oh hi kormac we meet again'.

retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Actually, they have Bwonsamdi's current voice actor there, at 2 minutes and 10 seconds in.
    He's so damn good too. I love his voice acting and really brought that character to life.
    Just eight countries in the region are responsible for about 63 percent of total plastic waste flowing into the oceans. Little of that junk has been exported by rich economies. Instead, it's almost solely generated by Asia's newly minted consumer classes, the vast majority of whom lack awareness to garbage collection, modern landfills and incineration. Any progress in reducing ocean plastic will have to start with them. Bloomberg. 2018.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i don't see him up there, but this is the guy that voices Bwonsamdi...

"Ay, mon! Maybe you and old Bwonsamdi can make a deal about that bottle of water..."
    Thats Vol'jins voice actor

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    yea i've been made aware that the internet was lying. i swear though, google "bwonsamdi voice actor" and this is the only result i got without actually digging in.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    but she won't even look your way
    She already did https://youtu.be/4s79hGWKjNk?t=56

Maryann (Nola) is ADORABLE, Patty Mattson (Sylvanas) is GLORIOUS and Josh Keaton (Anduin)... damn what a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I didn't think anyone actually watched dubbed trash. I guess you learn something new every day!
    If you want to watch animated movies here, you have to deal with dubbed. Everything Disney related too, unless you buy DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Phew...yeah...well...I dunno what I am more suprised at. But I guess it is your reply. Could be meant to be snarky...could be just inconceivably ignorant

Imagine a market of ..oh..I don't know...billions of people that do not speak english, yet the (hollywood) industry puts out movies after movies...oh yeah..every last one of the people in a country that has a different native tongue will totally watch it in the original language. Because my 82 year old dad is fluent in them.

I also guess if an american citizen finds himself / herself in a position to watch a french film..ofc they will watch it in the original language. Oh..how about any Akira Kurosawa film. Certainly I will sit down and enjoy it in the originally intended form..since I am also fluent in Japanese.

Phew...yeah...well...I dunno what I am more suprised at. But I guess it is your reply. Could be meant to be snarky...could be just inconceivably ignorant

Imagine a market of ..oh..I don't know...billions of people that do not speak english, yet the (hollywood) industry puts out movies after movies...oh yeah..every last one of the people in a country that has a different native tongue will totally watch it in the original language. Because my 82 year old dad is fluent in them.

I also guess if an american citizen finds himself / herself in a position to watch a french film..ofc they will watch it in the original language. Oh..how about any Akira Kurosawa film. Certainly I will sit down and enjoy it in the originally intended form..since I am also fluent in Japanese.
    But . . . subtitles exist

Noone beats Rastakhan's VA. Noone.

The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But . . . subtitles exist
    Oh yeah..there also exist countries where just one guy will just adopt all voices, male and female and smash them over the existing film while underlying you still hear the original language.

Look, there are many thing that are strange in this world, incomprehensible and all...and possibly worth bickering about. Fact is: There is a demand and an industry that dubs films.

And while I live in a country that adopts the english language into daily life, embraces it, teaches it from kindergarden (hahaha, funny..a german word)...people still like to watch films in their own language, look at the CENTER OF ATTENTION (aka the middle of the screen) and NOt at the bottom to read what is going on. I didn't invent it, I am just passing on this information. Also....while, the countries who do this for years have become quite expertly at it. Arnold Schwarzeneggers dubbed voice is far preferably to his original in may country. As is...saaay...Christopher Lamberts in Highlander.

Disclaimer (if you really need it) I watch american / british filmw / series in their original versions wherever I can. Still, for every cinema that shows original films, there are 10 that show dubbed versions.

And that is before you should consider that there are french, chinese, japanese yada yada yada films that are interesting and good and where I still prefer a dubbed version over reading subtitles.

Each to their own.
    Last edited by det; 2019-04-08 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    So... the actress that plays Ellaria Sand in GoT voices Katherine Proudmore. Had to google that after doing a double take.
    And Robert Baratheon voiced her dad in the cinematics =)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mark_Addy

Oh and Taelia is Meera Reed, and apparently even Sam's actor is in it as Marten Webb. I didn't know about him before looking at that link I shared, but I can never unhear Meera Reed when I hear Taelia.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2019-04-08 at 03:06 PM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    How come no one said his name yet? That's the glorious Dave Fennoy!

He also voices Gara'jal the Spiritbinder, Amal'thazad (the Lich follower from Acherus), Zabra Hexx, and he was the old voice for Zul!

I think he also voices some Loa, Akunda and Gonk? Or was it Kimbul? I'm not sure!

I'm not from any English speaking country, and I definitely watch any movie in its original language. As @Nymrohd said, subtitles exist. Why would I choose to watch something in objectively lower quality because I'm too lazy to read? I'd understand if you're slow at reading, but any other excuse is just choosing to watch a worse movie because you're lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Noone beats Rastakhan's VA. Noone.

Damn, Rastakhan is fabulous.

I need to get into voice acting, I am really good at it haha.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

For Azeroth!
    Funimation Kid Trunks (Dragonball Z) is the same voice actress as Jaina , along with a lot more video games/media.