Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    A while back, during Legion, I was watching Continuum on Netflix. It suddenly struck me that Kagame (played by Tony Amendola who was also Master Bra'tac in Stargate SG1) was a dead ringer for Khadgar. And sure enough, when I looked it up, he was.

Another moment was watching Star Trek Enterprise and recognising Malcolm's voice (played by Dominic Keating) to be that of Tirathon - the Demon Hunter first boss in Vault of the Wardens.
    fun fact dominic keaton also voices the templar follower in diablo 3, so when legion came out all those of us that played D3 prior were like, 'oh hi kormac we meet again'.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Actually, they have Bwonsamdi's current voice actor there, at 2 minutes and 10 seconds in.
    He's so damn good too. I love his voice acting and really brought that character to life.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i don't see him up there, but this is the guy that voices Bwonsamdi...

"Ay, mon! Maybe you and old Bwonsamdi can make a deal about that bottle of water..."
    Thats Vol'jins voice actor

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    yea i've been made aware that the internet was lying. i swear though, google "bwonsamdi voice actor" and this is the only result i got without actually digging in.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    but she won't even look your way
    She already did https://youtu.be/4s79hGWKjNk?t=56

Maryann (Nola) is ADORABLE, Patty Mattson (Sylvanas) is GLORIOUS and Josh Keaton (Anduin)... damn what a snack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I didn't think anyone actually watched dubbed trash. I guess you learn something new every day!
    If you want to watch animated movies here, you have to deal with dubbed. Everything Disney related too, unless you buy DVD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone beats Rastakhan's VA. Noone.

The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    So... the actress that plays Ellaria Sand in GoT voices Katherine Proudmore. Had to google that after doing a double take.
    And Robert Baratheon voiced her dad in the cinematics =)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mark_Addy

Oh and Taelia is Meera Reed, and apparently even Sam's actor is in it as Marten Webb. I didn't know about him before looking at that link I shared, but I can never unhear Meera Reed when I hear Taelia.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2019-04-08 at 03:06 PM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    How come no one said his name yet? That's the glorious Dave Fennoy!

He also voices Gara'jal the Spiritbinder, Amal'thazad (the Lich follower from Acherus), Zabra Hexx, and he was the old voice for Zul!

I think he also voices some Loa, Akunda and Gonk? Or was it Kimbul? I'm not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Phew...yeah...well...I dunno what I am more suprised at. But I guess it is your reply. Could be meant to be snarky...could be just inconceivably ignorant

Imagine a market of ..oh..I don't know...billions of people that do not speak english, yet the (hollywood) industry puts out movies after movies...oh yeah..every last one of the people in a country that has a different native tongue will totally watch it in the original language. Because my 82 year old dad is fluent in them.

I also guess if an american citizen finds himself / herself in a position to watch a french film..ofc they will watch it in the original language. Oh..how about any Akira Kurosawa film. Certainly I will sit down and enjoy it in the originally intended form..since I am also fluent in Japanese.
    I'm not from any English speaking country, and I definitely watch any movie in its original language. As @Nymrohd said, subtitles exist. Why would I choose to watch something in objectively lower quality because I'm too lazy to read? I'd understand if you're slow at reading, but any other excuse is just choosing to watch a worse movie because you're lazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Noone beats Rastakhan's VA. Noone.

Damn, Rastakhan is fabulous.

Formerly known as Arafal

I need to get into voice acting, I am really good at it haha.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funimation Kid Trunks (Dragonball Z) is the same voice actress as Jaina , along with a lot more video games/media.

[QUOTE=det;51049030]Well, good on you, if you are a movie buff and also decide to watch films that interest you in ...say...Japanese, French, Swedish etc.
    I do. I'm not overly interested in movies, I watch maybe one every week on average.

Not being from an english speaking country, the language I also tend to watch original films in is english.
    Right, that's pretty obvious as that's the vast majority of the movies available to anyone in the west.

But I am not going to reduce like several billion people of all ages and education to "but any other excuse is just choosing to watch a worse movie because you're lazy".
    Ok. Fact is that it's an objectively worse version of the movie. If you don't want to read the text or don't understand the spoken language and therefore choose to watch a dubbed version, you're choosing the worse version because of the aforementioned reasons. "Ages and education" = can't read well enough - assuming you pass these parameters, the one that remains is laziness.

Does not surprise me if people do this, after all, this is the internet and all that hyperbole and look at me how cool I am.
    No reason to take it personally just because you choose to watch dubbed movies and this is making you feel bad.

Fact is, movies are dubbed all over the world. Tough shit, I know. But this cannot REALLY surprise you...you certainly must know that also games are "localized". Well...hell..why can't people play WoW as it was intended...but with subtitles?
    I'm very aware that they're dubbed - I just wasn't aware people who CAN watch movies without the dubbing actually DID.

Also, the difference between a dubbed movie and a dubbed game like WoW is that very rarely are the lip movements actually synced to a voice, meaning even the original game is a dub of sorts, barring stuff like cinematics. Also, you can't have subtitles (without just translating everything, ie localizing) for WoW as there's far more information than there is in a movie.

Again...I play the original version, but that does not mean everyone should or would. Something that has connected also with wesites all over the world...wowhead, even petbattle sites co-exist with translations for several languages.
    A translated website is literally the same as having subtitles on a movie.

Just adding this: Refusing to watch subtitles does not necessarily mean you are "lazy" - subtitles can also be very annoying, because it shifts your focus from the center of attention that the director intended to the bottom of the frame.
    And if you can't do both you choose the inferior dubbed version which is fair, but then it becomes about ability, not laziness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality

Ok. Fact is that it's an objectively worse version of the movie. If you don't want to read the text or don't understand the spoken language and therefore choose to watch a dubbed version, you're choosing the worse version because of the aforementioned reasons. "Ages and education" = can't read well enough - assuming you pass these parameters, the one that remains is laziness.

This is a dumb claim. Germany for instance has dubs of such high quality, which sometimes make up for the bad acting of the original actor/s.

Carrie from king of queens in the original english version sounds like a crooked chain smoker. In german she sounds sexy and charismatic.
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-04-08 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    In the past I always assumed it'd be Chris Metzen, Chris Metzen, and Chris Metzen voicing everything.
    Looking at his wowpedia page quickly, he's voiced less than 30 characters, most of them repeats like Thrall, Vol'jin, Ragnaros, Nefarian, and Hakkar. There's other voice actors who have done just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Looking at his wowpedia page quickly, he's voiced less than 30 characters, most of them repeats like Thrall, Vol'jin, Ragnaros, Nefarian, and Hakkar. There's other voice actors who have done just as much.
    'cept he sounds the same in all of them. He'd VO female characters if he could...

I had no idea Katherine was voiced by Ellaria from GoT. Even better that Daelin is voiced by Robert Baratheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    This is a dumb claim. Germany for instance has dubs of such high quality, which sometimes make up for the bad acting of the original actor/s.

Carrie from king of queens in the original english version sounds like a crooked chain smoker. In german she sounds sexy and charismatic.
    I haven't seen it, but that'll change (ie ruin) the character envisioned by the original director. Sure, in some cases it can turn out to be better if the original is bad, but as far as the original vision goes and visual storytelling (lip syncing, for example), it'll always be worse.