Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not from the WoW dev team, mostly CMs and Q&A. It could be consolidation between different titles or just standard ABC audit.
    The OP was talking about Blizzard though?

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    5,983
    Whether you love it or hate it, BFA met or exceeded all their expectations from initial sales to performance up to the last sales call. So it's not failing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Put it this way. FF14 was so bad originally it was shut down and an official apology was given.

    The current team have the passion with the new game and it's showing... unlike ActiBlizz.

    Hell the current Director is a huge MMO fan and actively admits that the design for FF14 was inspired by other games. Hell he even understands how burnout works and tells people if they feel burnt out from the game to take a break and try other games because Final Fantasy 14 is not the only game out there among other great ones.
    Then go to FF14 and stop saying non sense. I've tried FF14 ARR and the first expansion and quit after some months, combat is slow as hell and clunky.... The PS4/Gamepad limitations are just awful and hurt the game

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They were all non essential though, and almost all the major developer companies cleared house this year. If it means better games then it was a great move.
    Yeah, but since when is firing people equal to "acting everything is fine"? It's a pretty strong signal to say "oh shit, we're not doing as well as we thought"

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Yeah, but since when is firing people equal to "acting everything is fine"? It's a pretty strong signal to say "oh shit, we're not doing as well as we thought"
    Ya, I think they know across the board that game development was suffering on all their franchises.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Yeah, but since when is firing people equal to "acting everything is fine"? It's a pretty strong signal to say "oh shit, we're not doing as well as we thought"
    Except they literally stated they had record breaking profits, but great isn't great enough. Once again, reality doesn't mesh with the message they put out.

  7. #27
    As expansions go, BfA has been "ok" for me. It's definitely better than WoD, but less engaging than Legion. I'm an alt-o-holic, and not having different stories for my characters is really a bit of a step back. Professions are much less interesting and the community has made finding pug mythics are garbage fire of FoTM and elitism. It's not a "failed" expac, regardless of what random internet commenter #14898374 says.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    They defended their Twitter/Selfie Cam patch, so you'll never hear them apologize for a thing. And as far as "no company will ever say their product failed", Final Fantasy absolutely did, and it went a long way to building trust and confidence in their revamp.
    That's because Square so completely borked FFXIV that it was literally unsalvagable.

  8. #28
    BFA is the filler expansion in between the next expansion that might actually be worthwhile. After wotlk we got cata, it wasn't really that impressive. Mop came after that and was bigger. Then we got Wod, more filler then expansion. Legion came and didn't seem like filler but had a good story. Plus artifact weapons and story was alot better. Which brings us to BFA, more filler garbage and experimentation than an actual expansion. Ignoring lots of feedback in beta from players that took the time testing things out. The filler expansions are in between the real expansions. One bad thing about filler expansions, is the wasted potential in the story/characters. BFA could have so much more but it doesn't really compare to legion and wotlk story.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    As expansions go, BfA has been "ok" for me. It's definitely better than WoD, but less engaging than Legion. I'm an alt-o-holic, and not having different stories for my characters is really a bit of a step back. Professions are much less interesting and the community has made finding pug mythics are garbage fire of FoTM and elitism. It's not a "failed" expac, regardless of what random internet commenter #14898374 says.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's because Square so completely borked FFXIV that it was literally unsalvagable.
    Unsalvagable?

    It literally relaunched and is now arguably one of the best MMOs on the market lol. They pretty much salvaged it. And rebuilt player trust from scratch. Meanwhile over at WoW they continue to lose player faith and trust.

    Actually hell with it. It's the best MMO on the modern market. Slightly above ESO.

    They had the flat out decency to apologise and instead of abandoning the project try again. ActiBlizz have literally never flat out apologised for any major WoW issues other than the atypical "kthx for understanding and patience".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-08 at 05:13 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Except they literally stated they had record breaking profits, but great isn't great enough. Once again, reality doesn't mesh with the message they put out.
    It's one thing to say "last quarter went superwell, yay moneyz!" and another "but next year is going to be tough"? That meshes just fine.

  11. #31

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    It's one thing to say "last quarter went superwell, yay moneyz!" and another "but next year is going to be tough"? That meshes just fine.
    Yeah, actually I agree on this point.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    What is with this obsession with wanting the WoW devs to grovel for forgiveness?
    What I want is for Ion to say, "I love RNG and think it is a great system but the millions of people who left disagree with me. Maybe I should admit I am god awful wrong and scale it back a little?" To be honest with you the playerbase is asking for some really minor stuff as atleast a carrot that someone at that company admit they screwed up bad.

    Just using buzz words to describe this content in 8.2 is not going to fly. I mean come on when the best description people have of your expansion is a picture of a slot machine or calling it a glorified Beta you have problems.

    People can literally point to the last expansion where content was delivered and people were kept somewhat happy then I have seen in years. How are we getting such in depth questions in Gamer magazine interviews but the ACTUAL dev Q&A's boil down to fluff.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is it just me or is Blizzard just acting like everything is fine?
    WoW made more profits this year with BfA than any of the years before so... technically nothing is wrong with the game. It's doing what it's supposed to do: make money.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

  15. #35
    Immortal Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    BFA is the filler expansion in between the next expansion that might actually be worthwhile. After wotlk we got cata, it wasn't really that impressive. Mop came after that and was bigger. Then we got Wod, more filler then expansion. Legion came and didn't seem like filler but had a good story. Plus artifact weapons and story was alot better. Which brings us to BFA, more filler garbage and experimentation than an actual expansion. Ignoring lots of feedback in beta from players that took the time testing things out. The filler expansions are in between the real expansions. One bad thing about filler expansions, is the wasted potential in the story/characters. BFA could have so much more but it doesn't really compare to legion and wotlk story.
    Cataclysm was one of the most ambitious expansions they've released. So you can shut your filler expansion theory down right there.

  16. #36
    Its just you, they have admited alot of stuff hasnt worked and done alot of changes to fix stuff not working out.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    What I want is for Ion to say, "I love RNG and think it is a great system but the millions of people who left disagree with me. Maybe I should admit I am god awful wrong and scale it back a little?" To be honest with you the playerbase is asking for some really minor stuff as atleast a carrot that someone at that company admit they screwed up bad.
    BfA considerably scaled the RNG factor back. Azerite pieces can't proc, weapons can't titanforge. No more vendors selling 880 or 910 trinkets (oh, the joys of farming to have a 1/200 chance to get an arcanocrystal. Ask Gingi or Rogerbrown how much they farmed to get their procced convergence of fates and arcanocrystals). Oh, and remember the legendaries farming? Going to EN or NH every week to build bad luck protection? So interesting!

    You may not like the WF/TF system, ok. You may not like BfA, or even hate it, ok. But it's blatantly wrong to consider that Blizzard is entitled. Do they fuck up sometimes? Yes, of course. Do they fuck often? Debatable but you could make a point for that. Do they take a lot of time to adjust in some cases? Sure. However they are willing to improve and the game is constantly evolving. I played Legion a lot, but I really prefer BfA. I feel rewarded for playing the game instead of garrison farming or grinding endlessly for a 1/200 chance. Hell, just look at the island expeditions which are considerably more rewarding now.

    If you look at all the changes since BfA launch, it's night and day compared to august 2018.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-08 at 05:36 PM.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halls Of The Guardian
    Posts
    3,430
    They didn't act like WoD was a failure either.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    This was shown at BlizzCon. Blizzard is a community, not a company. Activision makes games for the Blizzard community.

  19. #39
    Well, its not ideal but its not utter disaster flavored with diarrhea catastrophe as people want it to be. Hmm, I think I phrased this so well.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    They didn't act like WoD was a failure either.
    Indeed, but they react considerably faster than in WoD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •