Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,140
    because they don't give a single f8ck about how many play, as long the fat whales buy the new mount or zepplin 6 month offer, which is the game right now
    wow in general in term of revenue is not that lower from for example in MoP days (surely nothing like wrath, but that is a different story), that because while they lost over 80% of their playerbase, the 1% whales buy any sh8t from market, pay for boosts and race changing every season and so on
    U have a guild who faction changed their entire rooster prior to the last raid, this guild alone probably gave blizz more money than half of the sub they get
    They don't give a single f8ck about longetivity, check what they did to Destiny, a game that was published with exact words of 'you won't need another game for 10 years', 3 years later destiny 2 out, and still sh8t
    CEOs care only to increase their fat bank accounts, and when blizz is sucked dry and turned to corpse they will throw it and buy new studio to cannibalize it, ppl blame EA for doing that and like to forget that Activision is far worse than EA can even be
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Every interview they give they talk about what they did wrong
    no they don't, pruning is universally hated and there isn't a single wow player who likes it, yet they never even suggest revert back that decision
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I don't know, their last interview seems like they knew they screwed up some aspects of the game, and they're trying to fix it.
    Yet when people ask them they constantly go back to these god awful NICHE cases from Classic or TBC to justify these dramatic changes. They fail to mention that sub went up in a straight line during those phases of the game.

    Also Ion was not even working at Blizzard during that time period. This authority they use when speaking of Vanilla/TBC is so condescending to people who played at that point who just look at these guys as idiots. They constantly complain that players chew through their content but that is because it is not gated via in game methods that can be unlocked.

    Why is flying time gated vs achievement gated? Once I get the achievement I need to wait for our lord and master Ion to press the button. It gives people literally nothing to work for in game when you tell me the game is incomplete and in a beta phase until 8.2

    Well guess what 8.2 better be the greatest patch in WoW's history the way they have acted right now. It better damn near be another expansions worth of content at this point because they act like 8.2 will make people forget about this current RNG fest.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Can you prove WoD failed?
    I dont think anyone can prove that WOW Has been hot garbage since WoD to a whiteknight

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Remember when the game kept yor attention and sub for years at a time? Maybe not because it's been s bad the past 3 expansions that it needs "salvaged" 6-12 months into taking your money for a sub-standard product.
    I have a lot more things to do these days, and a lot fewer friends still playing. Let's not think we know people's reason for not playing.

  5. #105
    They know they can't salvage BFA. BFA's Core Mechanics are fucked and NOTHING can change that. If I were them I would have cancelled 8.2 and 8.3 and moved the Devs to Classic and a new Expansion.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is it just me or is Blizzard just acting like everything is fine?

    Outside of Classic forum communication is non existent, only info we have is directly from Ion with vague promises, 8.2 PTR is not up for a MAJORRRR game changing patch, Lore has been dead silent except insulting people on the forums, devs have been afraid to communicate bugs when reported/confirm them.

    The list just keeps going. Every single thing I see Ion listing out was reported far prior to BFA even launching but how many had to quit and get fired before he decided to put his hubris aside and admit something is broken?

    Nowhere in his interviews is he addressing the casino that is BFA right now and if anything has embraced it even further in dev Q&A's which are few and far between. Where in the hell are the class devs? People are beyond pissed right now about class design and the pruning but there is nothing. Who in the hell looks at prot warriors in MDI right now and does not thing that is just broken and crowding out other tanks that need buffs?

    Guilds have been turned into glorified raid log communities as people are just disillusioned at what is going on right now. Where is the 8.2 hype on the PTR? Atleast then you could get people motivated to stay with the game and not just give up.
    We’re a third of the way through this expansion, so come back when 9.0 is about to drop and give your final opinion then. They obviously have major changes coming with 8.2, so we’ll see how it goes then.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 did It... and with a cinematic, a bang and a glorious return. -long rant-
    FF14 pre-Reborn was an indisputable failure though, which BfA definitely is not. If you want to argue that, you're an absolute moron.

  8. #108
    Acting like it's fine???
    Dude they are fixing (admittedly very slowly) the biggest problem with the games systems

    Azerite armor is no longer unlock the same traits over and over
    M+ cache got fixed
    Slowly we are getting the crap changes reverted and they are waking up

  9. #109
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,688
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    I dont think anyone can prove that WOW Has been hot garbage since WoD to a whiteknight
    For any point of view "proving" opinions is a complete waste of time.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  10. #110
    They might be avoiding acknowledging it because Activision is watching. It would mean more layoffs and replacing those in charge. With the next patch there gonna try to reassure the executives and shareholders that things will be fine if the subs increase. But then we are doomed to repeat the same drama over again with the next expansion. We will be back to square one. Devs ignoring players and beta feedback to push there own agenda. Only to a later date in which the devs start to change things to keep there jobs. If Activision pays attention to the forums, they really should work on getting the wotlk dev team back in control. The current dev including narrative team have failed.

  11. #111
    One word answer: Shareholders.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is it just me or is Blizzard just acting like everything is fine?

    Outside of Classic forum communication is non existent, only info we have is directly from Ion with vague promises, 8.2 PTR is not up for a MAJORRRR game changing patch, Lore has been dead silent except insulting people on the forums, devs have been afraid to communicate bugs when reported/confirm them.

    The list just keeps going. Every single thing I see Ion listing out was reported far prior to BFA even launching but how many had to quit and get fired before he decided to put his hubris aside and admit something is broken?

    Nowhere in his interviews is he addressing the casino that is BFA right now and if anything has embraced it even further in dev Q&A's which are few and far between. Where in the hell are the class devs? People are beyond pissed right now about class design and the pruning but there is nothing. Who in the hell looks at prot warriors in MDI right now and does not thing that is just broken and crowding out other tanks that need buffs?

    Guilds have been turned into glorified raid log communities as people are just disillusioned at what is going on right now. Where is the 8.2 hype on the PTR? Atleast then you could get people motivated to stay with the game and not just give up.
    Because it is i know shocking!

  13. #113
    What are you hoping for, them literally shitting their pants on camera?

    Of course they're going to put a brave face on things, but they absolutely have spent plenty of time taking it squarely to the face for the issues, and they've been quite open about it and their responses.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  14. #114
    Because there's nothing gained from satisfying the whiny crybabies that just want to watch Blizzard fail for the sake of being right.

    They teach this in most management classes: Acknowledge the lessons learned, don't focus on the negatives but instead on positives.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    They know they can't salvage BFA. BFA's Core Mechanics are fucked and NOTHING can change that. If I were them I would have cancelled 8.2 and 8.3 and moved the Devs to Classic and a new Expansion.
    No
    Noooooo
    Noooooooooooo

    Do you want WoD??
    Because if you leave the expansion alone that is how you get WoD

  16. #116
    I am Murloc! RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yet when people ask them they constantly go back to these god awful NICHE cases from Classic or TBC to justify these dramatic changes. They fail to mention that sub went up in a straight line during those phases of the game.

    Also Ion was not even working at Blizzard during that time period. This authority they use when speaking of Vanilla/TBC is so condescending to people who played at that point who just look at these guys as idiots. They constantly complain that players chew through their content but that is because it is not gated via in game methods that can be unlocked.

    Why is flying time gated vs achievement gated? Once I get the achievement I need to wait for our lord and master Ion to press the button. It gives people literally nothing to work for in game when you tell me the game is incomplete and in a beta phase until 8.2

    Well guess what 8.2 better be the greatest patch in WoW's history the way they have acted right now. It better damn near be another expansions worth of content at this point because they act like 8.2 will make people forget about this current RNG fest.
    Again, as per the latest earnings call, BFA met or exceeded all of their expectations, so for them that's a win.

    Secondly, your argument about the sub numbers going straight up back in the day isn't really helpful. You aren't going to find a single game this old that has a community the size that it did when it was new and fresh.

    A lot of players have a really difficult time seeing outside of their own bubble, and thankfully Ion isn't one of those. He's a hardcore raider, but he knows that most people are not and he designs the game for those players as well as the hardcore raiders. For me, as a raider, Vanilla and BC were pretty great, WLK/Cata/MoP/WoD/etc were all great. Vanilla and BC sucked horsecock for the casuals though. That's why they give those "niche cases" that you talk about. The average player experience is nothing at all like my experience, we might as well be playing two completely separate games.

    It's why I laugh when people suggest going back to valor. As a raider Valor was completely useless to me at pretty much every point it was implemented except as an ilevel upgrade system which was horrendous because it was mandatory for players like me. For the casuals it sucked balls.

    Believe it or not there are other types of players who play this game than players like us - just the fact that you've set foot into Mythic, let alone that you've killed 3 bosses, puts you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the curve. Welcome to the top ~5%. We're not going anywhere, there's nothing with PvE like this game. The other player types however WILL leave if they're not having fun. The game has to be designed with them in mind and not just us dinosaurs.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is it just me or is Blizzard just acting like everything is fine?
    They're talking about mistakes all the time. You can't read or what?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So we aren't allowed to compare and contrast and say one game might do something better than the other? I get this is the WoW sub forum but come on. WoW is not the only MMO out there and it does have games to be compared to just like any other. Nobody is "drumbeating" or "advertising" other games either dude.

    Nobody is telling people to go play those games either. It's just a simple comparison. Not even game vs game.

    Someone brought up how another game managed it's issues with player trust. We compared those to WoWs. What you quoted me on goes back to page 1.
    but you arent comparing anything.

    for past week you have been spaming in 90% of your posts "FF is amazing WoW is shit"

    you dont even try to post arguments at this point -_-

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    What is with this obsession with wanting the WoW devs to grovel for forgiveness?
    To be honest, I don't know. It's like people forget that they choose to pay for this game, and continued to pay. I stopped enjoying it, so I stopped playing. Nothing prompts major changes like a loss in revenue.

    It's their job to defend their product. It's your job to say "that's not good enough" and stop giving them money.

  20. #120
    The main problem with BFA? It's boring. Regardless of devs, ambition or lack thereof, failed promises, broken systems... at the end of the day, BFA is just plain boring.

    Time-gated rep grinds for reskinned classes? Boring.
    Warfronts? Boring.
    Island Expeditions? Boring.
    Grinding AP? Boring.
    PVP? What PVP? Wintergrasp? Boring.

    There's no challenge, no incentive to group with people, and all systems are just a boring, repetitive grind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •