1. #1

    SWTOR Class Story Chronologically Listed

    I’ve played since 2011 and signed up for beta back in 2009. Overtime I’ve wondered what would be the chronology of all yhe class stories. Guess what? They all don’t happen at once. Many overlap and there’s specific mentions, characters and events that happen that tie classes with other stories. I will have a spoiler free list and then a spoiler filled list below. I will also include the games Knights of the Old Republic as they both have a significant impact on the story.


    Spoiler Free Chronology:
    1.) KOTOR I - Light Side Male. Choose the Caucasian mullet portrait character and play through the entire game. Romance your first female jedi companion and complete her character story.
    2.) KOTOR II - Light Side/Neutral Female. Choose the Caucasian Brown haired portrait and play through the entire game. Save all the Jedi you encounter, max influence with your companions by doing what fits their personality, and rebuild the droid in the ship.
    3.) Bounty Hunter - Hutta
    4.) Imperial Agent - Hutta
    5.) Jedi Knight - Tython (Do the Pilgrimage Side Quest)
    6.) Jedi Consular - Tython
    7.) Sith Warrior - Korriban
    8.) Smuggler & Trooper - Ord Mantell (Bounce between these and have them finish Ord Mantell at the same time)
    9.) Sith Inquisitor - Korriban
    10.) Do all of the capitals, Dromund Kaas/Coruscant class stories, here in any order you wish with agent being last completed)
    11.) Imperial Agent - Dromund Kaas
    12.) Jedi Knight - Taris
    13.) Jedi Knight - Nar Shadaa
    14.) Complete the rest of the first two planets on your characters in any order you wish.
    15.) Smuggler - Alderaan
    16.) Bounty Hunter - Alderaan
    17.) Complete Chapter I in any order you wish here.

    CHAPTER II
    1.) Jedi Consular - Balmorra
    2.) Trooper - Balmorra
    3.) Smuggler - Balmorra
    4.) Jedi Knight - Balmorra
    5.) Imperial Agent - Taris
    6.) Bounty Hunter - Taris
    7.) Sith Inquisitor - Taris
    8.) Sith Warrior - Taris
    9.) Complete Quesh on your toons with Jedi Knight being last.
    10.) Jedi Knight - Hoth
    11.) Smuggler - Hoth
    12.) Bounty Hunter - Hoth
    13.) Imperial Agent - Hoth
    14.) Jedi Consular - Hoth
    16.) Sith Inquisitor and Warrior - Hoth
    17.) Do your chapter 2 finale quests except Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior
    18.) Sith Warrior - Chapter 2 finale
    19.) Jedi Knight - Chapter 2 finale
    20.) Sith Warrior - Make sure you speak to your LT. companion and speak to him about his General securing a base until those conversations are over. (VERY IMPORTANT)


    CHAPTER III
    1.) Sith Warrior - Quesh, Belsavis, and have your force using companion with you.
    2.) Jedi Consular - Belsavis
    3.) Bounty Hunter Belsavis
    4.) Sith Warrior - Voss
    5.) Jedi Knight - Belsavis, Voss & Corellia - Choose to kill the final boss of Corellia. Don’t do the last mission, Doomsday, yet.
    6.) Imperial Agent - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia and the Star Chamber mission Finale
    7.) Sith Warrior - Corellia
    8.) Jedi Knight - Doomsday
    9.) Sith Warrior - Finale
    10.) OPTIONAL — Wait for mail on your Sith Warrior to arrive and read what it says then continue the other classes.
    11.) Sith Inquisitor - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, & Finale
    12.) Bounty Hunter - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, & Finale
    13.) Jedi Consular - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia & Finale
    14.) Trooper - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, & Finale
    15.) Smuggler - Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, & Finale

    That was the spoiler free guide! Through playing in this order the story will feel very fluid and like a very, very, VERY long movie. Make sure you also:

    Influence ALL your companions and speak to them when available as you do the steps above. Companions have interactions with other companions.


    The Spoiler Guide is listed below:
    WIP because this will be a very LONG and detailed guide than above. I recommend reading this section if you’ve already played the stories and or wish to see how exactly they connect.

    Obviously Massive Spoilers below for the entire Old Republic story.


    KOTOR I: Google the canon male Revan portait and download the mod. Name your character anything but Revan. Pick a soldier and later in the game choose Jedi Guardian. Use a green or purple single bladed lightsaber. Complete all your companions questlines. Romance Bastila and redeem her through romance on the Star Forge. Make sure when you face Malak on the Star Forge you ask if he wishes to be redeemed as this is mentioned later in the story.
    World Order is: Tatooine > Korriban > Revisit Dantooine and speak to Yuthura Ban after redeeming her > Kashyyyk > Manaan > Lehon > Star Forge

    KOTOR II: Google the canon Meetra Surik swtor conversion portrait and download the mod. Download the KOTOR II restoration mod. THIS IS REQUIRED TO KNOW THE TRUE AND FULL STORY OF THIS GAME. Play as a Jedi Guardian and name your character Meetra Surik. Influence all your companions to max regardless of gaining DS points. Turn all your force sensitives(Atton, Bao Dur, Disciple, Handmaiden, Mira, and Visas Marr) into Jedi. Use a cyan colored Lightsaber.
    World Order is: Dantooine > Dxun > Nar Shaddaa > Onderon revisted > Korriban > Telos > Malachor V

    WIP
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-04-14 at 10:12 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Influence ALL your companions and speak to them when available as you do the steps above. Companions have interactions with other companions.
    This is the best advice I've given everyone who plays the game is to interact with your companions frequently in cantinas, your ship, and anywhere there is a rest area. They have side missions and provide extra story for you to emerse yourself in. On my smuggler I've been romancing Risha but with one of the interactions with Akaavi I had to choose between 2 options that she "disapproves" of and one that was a "flirt". I chose the "flirt" and then later while talking to Risha Akaavi got upset at me for ONE flirt I gave her. I had to smooth things over with her by saying we're "just friends" and was able to romance Risha. Risha was a little peeved too over the ONE flirt but she got over it eventually. I found this interaction between the two funny though. Still wish EA/Bioware would change the romancing option for Corso so male smugglers could romance him. My gunslinger would dump Risha in a heartbeat if he could romance Corso lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Spoiler Guide is listed below:
    TBA because this will be a very LONG and detailed guide than above. I recommend reading this section if you’ve already played the stories and or wish to see how exactly they connect.
    Nice guide but there's no spoiler guide to read later. Did you remove it?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This is the best advice I've given everyone who plays the game is to interact with your companions frequently in cantinas, your ship, and anywhere there is a rest area. They have side missions and provide extra story for you to emerse yourself in. On my smuggler I've been romancing Risha but with one of the interactions with Akaavi I had to choose between 2 options that she "disapproves" of and one that was a "flirt". I chose the "flirt" and then later while talking to Risha Akaavi got upset at me for ONE flirt I gave her. I had to smooth things over with her by saying we're "just friends" and was able to romance Risha. Risha was a little peeved too over the ONE flirt but she got over it eventually. I found this interaction between the two funny though. Still wish EA/Bioware would change the romancing option for Corso so male smugglers could romance him. My gunslinger would dump Risha in a heartbeat if he could romance Corso lol.
    i just finished smuggler a couple months ago, have to say it was.... not my favorite to say the least. also, playing as a girl smuggler, i felt like corso got a little uppity with me there for a sec for not flirting with him. it turned back into friendliness real quick. but i definitely sensed a little bit of a "nice guy" vibe for like two companion interactions.

    but yeah op, pretty good chronology. if i ever stop making sith sorcs(i have like 5 level 60+ sorcs), maybe i'll one day do everything again in chronological order(not smuggler... never again smuggler.)
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just finished smuggler a couple months ago, have to say it was.... not my favorite to say the least. also, playing as a girl smuggler, i felt like corso got a little uppity with me there for a sec for not flirting with him. it turned back into friendliness real quick. but i definitely sensed a little bit of a "nice guy" vibe for like two companion interactions.

    but yeah op, pretty good chronology. if i ever stop making sith sorcs(i have like 5 level 60+ sorcs), maybe i'll one day do everything again in chronological order(not smuggler... never again smuggler.)
    See my gunslinger is a male so the relationship they have with each other is buddies. I could understand why you would be upset if he got uppity for you not flirting with him as a female character. My GS has completed all of the original storyline and is working on the expansion stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed the original storyline with him. And for the record, apparently a male smuggler & Risha fuck like rabbits if you romance her. I can't tell you how many times they left the screen to "do things" after flirting.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    See my gunslinger is a male so the relationship they have with each other is buddies. I could understand why you would be upset if he got uppity for you not flirting with him as a female character. My GS has completed all of the original storyline and is working on the expansion stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed the original storyline with him. And for the record, apparently a male smuggler & Risha fuck like rabbits if you romance her. I can't tell you how many times they left the screen to "do things" after flirting.
    eh, didn't upset me or anything. just was like "lmao, he's a total fedora". also, yeah, i heard male smuggler can wiggle waggle his dick all the way through the galaxy, more than any other class. fem smuggler had quite a few opportunities, but not as much as i'd believed(i didn't take any, she's not really that kind of girl.)

    i made the very bad mistake of leveling my smuggler as a scoundrel... that spec is just awful. i had a sniper agent already, so i figured i'd do the opposite for pub, but jesus that was dreadful.

    the story itself was not really that great either to me. the smuggler's personality also clashes with me, so i think it's more that hurting my view of the story than the story actually being not great.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, didn't upset me or anything. just was like "lmao, he's a total fedora". also, yeah, i heard male smuggler can wiggle waggle his dick all the way through the galaxy, more than any other class. fem smuggler had quite a few opportunities, but not as much as i'd believed(i didn't take any, she's not really that kind of girl.)

    i made the very bad mistake of leveling my smuggler as a scoundrel... that spec is just awful. i had a sniper agent already, so i figured i'd do the opposite for pub, but jesus that was dreadful.

    the story itself was not really that great either to me. the smuggler's personality also clashes with me, so i think it's more that hurting my view of the story than the story actually being not great.
    What discipline did you level your scoundrel as because the ruffian one is the top dps spec in the game. I switched mine from healer to ruffian because of that reason.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This is the best advice I've given everyone who plays the game is to interact with your companions frequently in cantinas, your ship, and anywhere there is a rest area. They have side missions and provide extra story for you to emerse yourself in. On my smuggler I've been romancing Risha but with one of the interactions with Akaavi I had to choose between 2 options that she "disapproves" of and one that was a "flirt". I chose the "flirt" and then later while talking to Risha Akaavi got upset at me for ONE flirt I gave her. I had to smooth things over with her by saying we're "just friends" and was able to romance Risha. Risha was a little peeved too over the ONE flirt but she got over it eventually. I found this interaction between the two funny though. Still wish EA/Bioware would change the romancing option for Corso so male smugglers could romance him. My gunslinger would dump Risha in a heartbeat if he could romance Corso lol.



    Nice guide but there's no spoiler guide to read later. Did you remove it?
    I’m working on the spoiler guide now. It’s a load of information to write up.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What discipline did you level your scoundrel as because the ruffian one is the top dps spec in the game. I switched mine from healer to ruffian because of that reason.
    for some reason, i didn't get a notification you quoted me. sorry.

    i think i went ruffian, or maybe the other one. either way, it wasn't really the gameplay that bothered me, it was the aesthetic. getting up close and punching? in star wars? nah chief, that ain't it. it was so immersion breaking to run up and punch sith, even if it is funny to kick them in the balls.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  9. #9
    Awesome guide Theramore!

    Thank you for sharing.

    I love SWTOR, the voice acting (especially that arousing female Inquisitor), the stories and the overall characters. It's a shame they didnt involve more the stories between player characters. Its almost as if they have no impact on the world.

    I'm think, for instance, that the Sith Inquisitor should be aware that there is a new Wrath or hear in the holonews network (or something) that Darth Baras is gone. Things like that. I would understand key plot points such as the Imperial Agent story, which makes sense because everything is secretive, but still.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,195
    Uh oh. Theramore's got the banhammer going on. I think it'll be a little bit longer until we see the spoiler guide lol

  11. #11
    IMO, smuggler works soooo much better as a male. my original smuggler was a girl and she SHOULD have been a perfect fit, becasue setup of that story hits every single one of my preferences.. but somehow.. she just.. didn't quite work. something was just... off. male smuggler on the other hand, from voice over to the way the story fit - was just sooooo much better. IMO anyways.

    that said, I would slot at a minimum Taral V, Maelstrom Prison (Republic flashpoints), Boarding Party and Foundry (empire) somewhere in there, in that order. that is becasue those flashpoints not only directly reference KOTOR 1 and 2, but they are also a prelude to second expansion content. for maximum story impact - pick up a breadcrumb quest on a fleet, becasue it brackets the flashpoints with more backstory. all 4 of the flashpoints are available in solo mode.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Seiklis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    IMO, smuggler works soooo much better as a male. my original smuggler was a girl and she SHOULD have been a perfect fit, becasue setup of that story hits every single one of my preferences.. but somehow.. she just.. didn't quite work. something was just... off. male smuggler on the other hand, from voice over to the way the story fit - was just sooooo much better. IMO anyways.

    that said, I would slot at a minimum Taral V, Maelstrom Prison (Republic flashpoints), Boarding Party and Foundry (empire) somewhere in there, in that order. that is becasue those flashpoints not only directly reference KOTOR 1 and 2, but they are also a prelude to second expansion content. for maximum story impact - pick up a breadcrumb quest on a fleet, becasue it brackets the flashpoints with more backstory. all 4 of the flashpoints are available in solo mode.
    Couldn't unhear Phil and Lil....was impossible to play her after that

  13. #13
    I’ll get the work on the spoiler part as soon as I can. I will try to include the Vanilla flashpoints as they do tie into the final planet (50) story.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  14. #14
    I would like to add something many people tend to overlook.

    There is an actual KOTOR3. It is the book called "Revan". It is an essential part of the story between Kotor 2 and before swtor. It will explain things that will otherwise make little sense when you find them in swtor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •