Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Talanji as more likely next Warchief

Honestly, the tells are there. She's been introduced as this new powerful leader. She had the Zandalari join the Horde. Bwonsamdi offered her a deal to get out of his bloodline pact if she kills Sylvanas. All the other options are absolutely terrible. I would honestly prefer Talanji over the Alliance lapdog that is Baine. Think Blizzard has actually been hinting this or am I reading too much into it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Honestly, the tells are there. She's been introduced as this new powerful leader. She had the Zandalari join the Horde. Bwonsamdi offered her a deal to get out of his bloodline pact if she kills Sylvanas. All the other options are absolutely terrible. I would honestly prefer Talanji over the Alliance lapdog that is Baine. Think Blizzard has actually been hinting this or am I reading too much into it?
    I would be fine with her leading the horde for the reasons you mentioned. She's not a lapdop like Lorthemar or Galiwix and isn't too soft hearted like Baine so she'll get some shit done. Would be interesting to see where it goes long term
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not. I don’t want to see someone brand new as the leader. I want Thrall back dammit. Let him come back to realize he’s needed. He is the man who keeps the horde as a whole.

Talanji's too new to the Horde for the other leaders to likely accept her as a Warchief, but hopefully she will be more than just another character to throw aside once their expansion is finished. I almost hope they do away with the Warchief role completely and have the racial leaders work together to lead instead of having most of them as decoration

The next warchief should be an orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    shud be Rexxar imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Female horde leader, LoL! Horde need a proper man! Lor'themar Theron to the rescue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ that sounds awful. People already knew as soon as she was introduced that Rastakhan was going to die. That's how predictable it was. Now you want this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Jesus christ that sounds awful. People already knew as soon as she was introduced that Rastakhan was going to die. That's how predictable it was. Now you want this?
    It's better than Baine, that's for fucking sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    They are most likely just abandoning the title of Warchief.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's too new to be trusted by anyone to lead. That's like saying, oh look the Blood Elves freshly joined the Horde, Thrall has gone missing, lets make Lor'themar Theron the Warchief he seems pretty cool.

And If they seriously wish to do that, fudge Blizzard. But I heavily doubt It, as much shiz as I give them and we all do lately, they can't be that stupid. But then i would also prefer Talanji over Sylvanas you're right, but at this point I'd prefer Galywix over Sylvanas... even his character is written well -enough-
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

You mean empress. The moment Talanji takes over it's gonna be the Horde that gets absorbed to the empire, not the other way around.

Personally, I don't know what to think about it. I want for Zandalari to be separatists.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think so. It feels more like Baine, especially with all his the Horde need ‘honor and loyalty’ quotes. Still, I’d prefer to keep Sylvanas - I like her as warchief.
    And then after one expansion, he'll die in the event leading to the next one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix as warchief!
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I’d love her to be Warchief but it’s too early for that
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell nah, even Nazgrim of the Ebon Blade would've been a better choice, since he knows how the Horde works and the prices to be paid.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sylvanas: She thinks to summon me? Hmph. I suppose she is allowed some posturing today.
    Talanji: De Horde has been a trustworthy ally to Zandalar.
    Talanji: Without our partnership, we may not have overcome de threats dat rose against us.
    Talanji: I understand dat you have need of our forces. De Alliance will stop at nothing to destroy you.
    Talanji: So let it be official. De Zandalari and de Horde will stand together... as equals.
    Sylvanas: Equals?

I am de queen of Zandalar. And a queen kneels to no one. Surely, you understand.
    Sylvanas: I see... Very well, Queen Talanji. The Horde welcomes you.
    I'm in the camp that thinks were getting a council after Sylvanas is deposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    She's too new to be trusted by anyone to lead.
    But what if she can reliably summon the spirit of Vol'Jin to council and advise the horde? This seems probable considering she's done it before, and with her connection to Bwonsamdi to assist it should be easy.

That would give her a lot of weight towards the position of Warchief.

I don't think she will be the next warchief. Her civilization is on the edge of ruin. Her time should be used rebuilding her nation. Her becoming leader of the horde just wouldn't make sense story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Demanding the unpredictible at the expense of archetypical pillars of genre are how we kill (or leave) a genre.

I'd rather not have Vince Russo writing for WoW, thank you very much. We don't always need a swerve, bro.

The tells are there, it wouldn't be crazy to put her in the role. It's not the outcome I personally want, but to think it invalid just because there's an archetypical and thus predictable path to the outcome is silly.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-04-09 at 04:12 AM.