Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    This is probably like reading a thread back when classic was current. Someone making a post complaining about getting high warlord took alot of time and effort.

Maybe this is how all the moaning began? With the High Warlord rank?

Look, if you dont have the skills, time or desire to get it, dont bother thinking about it.

Theres lots of stuff I havent done in wow over the years. Why? Because either I wasnt good enough, I did not have the time or I didnt have the desire to get it done.

Should I cry about it? No. Its right there in the game if I really want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yep, what an awesome system lol. I know a guy irl that got to 13 by himself. He must have played 18 hours a day. Ridiculous.
    I was in the farm group of my server, and because it was a second wave server (May 2005) that we had rerolled too from our launch characters it was still "newbie and fresh" by the time it became known how Ranks worked, aka end of August 2005/September 2005 where the madness started.

I recall playing max 12h/day on a bad day, and probably even less for about 4-5 weeks, because i was invested in PvE before that as it was the reason we rerolled, i simply started from 0, so ended up Rank 10 before i got fed up of playing that much and unsubbed for the next 3 months.

Helped 4 people get Rank 14 in that group and a few rank 13 the shaman R14 became my personal healer/Windfury totem in PvP along with my favorite Frost Nova dispelled Priest , a few months after when we ended up in the same guild for PvE and of course at some point with all the naxx/AQ40 gear we were doing that awesome 2-3v10 WSG after the raid at midnight.

Ended up helping friends getting their Rank 14s those months so meh , didnt really stop playing.

But anyone claiming "Getting Rank 14 is hard" is just delusional, system is shit, vanilla was shit, and most of all, retarded childish morons that cant simply do a rotation.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-12 at 12:42 AM.

It's a ridiculous grind but the rewards are very worth it.
    I'd say it's an integral part of vanilla so #nochanges tbh

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    And i agree with your points about slippery slope. It just seems that something as huge as PvP would have been their focal point. All the legendary moments I've heard people talk about revolved around PvP so I figured they would polish it. I refuse to believe that original vanilla players AT THE TIME wouldn't have welcomed QoL changes.

edit and I hope these same players screaming NOO DON'T FIX IT WE NEED OG VANILLA aren't gonna be the quitters after a month or two because I have my strange feeling in my gut that thats exactly whats gonna happen
    The pvp was fun back then, but the majority of people never reached max pvp rank. Not even close. I got Knight L on my hunter, and that was with random bgs/wpvp during classic. and I was quite bad to.

So there are cool ranks to reach, but the top top ranks will be very hard.

It can maybe be compared to being a top,top raider in retail. It requires alot of time, dedication and mainly just nolifing it.

To Summ this topic up by an old favorite.

GIT GUD !

Keep it, but I really dont think I will do that one more time. (Only did until Field marshal, rank 1 didnt give a upgrade so I skipped it. If I only knew they would add ach later so I would have got a permanent title... My only real regret in wow).

so you want vanilla
    but TBC
    lmao shut up
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Honestly, this tread cannot be serious. It is there to bait us and it is working.

Can't believe I actually agree with @JustRob - also he didn't swear one in his replythat summed it all up in post 2

i'm sure the old system will be fine. i'm also fairly sure they will use modern anti-cheat systems so being online 24/7 probably won't fly this time.

The only change i would want in PVP is to PROPERLY fix the AFK honor-farming in battlegrounds (especially AV).

That is obviously an abuse/exploit because the old system was limited in tech and isn't part of the game design.
    BfA = Worst product ever made by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES
    people are going to end up dying from it

you watch =D

And that's why preferred TBC over vanilla. They have fixed a lot of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The only change i would want in PVP is to PROPERLY fix the AFK honor-farming in battlegrounds (especially AV).

That is obviously an abuse/exploit because the old system was limited in tech and isn't part of the game design.
    what are you talking about? people did not afk in battlegrounds like AV because they were earning honor from it that would be a retarded way to earn honor

people afked in battlegrounds like AV because they lasted hours and needed breaks

when AV was first released level 1 characters could enter as well

I played in Vanilla and also did a stint in a AB Premade for fun, I seem to recall the ranked system being re-worked so that honor didn't decay among a couple of other changes that made the system less shit, is that not what we are getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what are you talking about? people did not afk in battlegrounds like AV because they were earning honor from it that would be a retarded way to earn honor

people afked in battlegrounds like AV because they lasted hours and needed breaks

when AV was first released level 1 characters could enter as well

Hahaha oh mate you just revived so many old memories , those endless fights that would last for like 4 H where you'd have to leave have lunch come back re que and join the same AV... God Old Days !!!

Protect the DRUIDS !! Summon the Ancient !!! ohh EPIC !

Quote Originally Posted by Ech0544 View Post
    I played in Vanilla and also did a stint in a AB Premade for fun, I seem to recall the ranked system being re-worked so that honor didn't decay among a couple of other changes that made the system less shit, is that not what we are getting?
    Nobody knows what we're getting, so this is all spectulation. Looking at the trend of Blizzard decisions regarding classic i'd say we're getting the latter form of it.

DISCLAIMER: I don't personally mind what they do; any responses along the "hurr durr you thinkyou do but you don't" are kinda pointless at this stage. They can make no changes or some changes, it's up to them w/e. THAT SAID:

You could keep the system and just make it so the top bracket includes the top 3 or 4% of players instead of 0.5% or 0.2% or w/e it was.

That way you can be relatively sure that after 4 months of constant 8+hour-a-day PVP you're going to have a reward for it instead of having to play the dumb "PvP team politics" game and PVP solidly for 4 months and then another 15 weeks while you wait for your "place in the queue" to come up. Same system, broader reward appeal, because the whole "Play with the cartel or get fucked" emergent gameplay is kinda shitty. The argument to just "make your own group" doesn't hold a lot of merit because of the way the existing PvP ranking team will react to anyone potentially messing with their 'system'; I've witnessed it enough times on pirate servers to know its not a case of whether you're good at WoW PVP or anything like that it's "Are you in with the PVP clique or not"

Before people say anything -I'm not talking about myself I've never struggled to get in and keep my head down, but I've seen it happen to other players who dare to try and rank up themselves; and that kind of competition isn't healthy. With the ease that both factions are going to be in communication with each other; theres absolutely 0 chance that ranking in PVP won't be a collusion effort between the 2 factions on that server.

However with the potential for 4 or 5 players to attain highest CP bracket each week, players who are dedicated no-lifers will still have to play for a third of a year or w/e very regularly, the decay system will still be as effective, they just don't also have to win the "clique lottery" if they don't want to find themselves blacklisted or waiting half a year more for their "turn".

In turn there is less chance of the cliques system getting messed up slightly by others; and they will be able to fix up their players in less time. Does this dilute the reward? Yes, of course it does. But it doesn't lessen the effort required it just levels the field, the first few people to get r14 will still have put in as much effort as tthey would have but the 10th player won't have had to put in twice as much, and the 20th won't have had to put in 3 times as much...
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-04-12 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

I think getting gear from raids should be easier. Having to stack world buffs and farm consumables is really dumb. You shouldn't have to play 8h a day to get the best gear. Sticking to the old raid system is really dumb because I don't have time to play that much. And I don't think people who put alot of time and effort into a game should be rewarded more than me because I'm a stay at home dad and I can only play for 2 minutes each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    so with the original pvp system during AB the bonus you would gain more honor per hour by afking in AB then winning the game with a 3 cap

yeah but your right im sure its fine
    Like so many things, it may just NOT be fine, but hell...we have has years after years after years of "we want classic because it was the second coming of Christ" without ANY blemish and anyone pointing them out was a hater who just could not stand the fact that if Classic ever was released, it would kill retail.

So let people have their Classic (with the most minuscule and needed adjustments - but certainly not change the pvp system)

I only got to the Legionnaire rank back in vanilla and that was a pain for me, I guess I'll skip PVP and go for BWL/AQ gear instead.