Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if a player in your party / raid tagged a unhonorable npc it would really fuck up your rank
    Dude me and a friend of mine griefed an asshole by doing this. He was like rank 12 or so, grinding relentlessly for 14. He was a giant prick, though. We were in a raid group with him to kill/farm Allies in Darnassus, and me and my friend tagged some wisps, dropped group, then killed the wisps and he (being in our party, which I believe you needed to be in despite also being in a raid group; they had to specifically be in your five man group) lost honor for it. Enough to almost lose a whole rank or something, if I remember right.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?

You want vanilla servers you get vanilla servers.

Imagine if they make it easier, people will complain how it is no longer a prestigious thing to obtain. I have no interest in grinding for this Warlord stuff myself but I do want to see them. I wouldn't think it was all that great to see one if they changed it.

No changes means no changes, even if that includes the single worst reward scheme ever produced by this game.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dude me and a friend of mine griefed an asshole by doing this. He was like rank 12 or so, grinding relentlessly for 14. He was a giant prick, though. We were in a raid group with him to kill/farm Allies in Darnassus, and me and my friend tagged some wisps, dropped group, then killed the wisps and he (being in our party, which I believe you needed to be in despite also being in a raid group; they had to specifically be in your five man group) lost honor for it. Enough to almost lose a whole rank or something, if I remember right.
    You don't lose honor on DKs, you lose something far more precious. You lose ranking points. You lose 100 ranking points. A rank 10 player has got 50k rank points, each DK lowers that by a flat amount of 100 which amounts to 2% of the total rank progress.

- - - Updated - - -

a unhonorable kill was something like -300 honor

if a player in your party / raid tagged a unhonorable npc it would really fuck up your rank
    not 300 honor. Honor is subjective. You can reach rank 14 with 1 honor if everyone else farmed 0 honor. You lost a flat amount of RP, ranking points. 100 RP.

It's funny, you keep talking like you understand the system but you clearly don't. So I would advise you to either stop spreading misinformation or go inform yourself.

that was only possible before battlegrounds were released

back then you were forced to solo or you would end up with less honor

battlegrounds will be in from the start from what i understand so there is no chance of any solo player
    Except they won't
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

People wanted no changes, so you get all the garbage too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Masses: WE WANT VANILLA!!!!

Also the Masses: Except this. And please don't do that, it was dumb. Oh, the other thing? No, no, leave it alone.

/popcorn
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    The Masses: WE WANT VANILLA!!!!

Also the Masses: Except this. And please don't do that, it was dumb. Oh, the other thing? No, no, leave it alone.

/popcorn
    A common misunderstanding is that those are the same people, when in reality they are not.

Will only lead to 2 types of rk14 players: Streamers getting carried and acc sharing.

Herald of the Titans
    Everyone wanted Vanilla, they get Vanilla and now they realize the game was a shitshow back then
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Personally I think it's a shame; if ever it was asked what would you change, my only response was "The PvP system", but it is in no way unexpected, and it's good that they are staying authentic to start with; as it would be unfair not to really.

Maybe down the line they may experiment with a "fresh server" using a different PvP system, because I can imagine there will be a lot of complaints about this. I just know it will affect how much I PvP beyond getting a few rep items from AV when it releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

whats wrong with having something only the most dedicated can reach?
    as for account sharing. People will cheat and cut corners in everything just gotta make an example of em and perma ban!

Here's how WoW worked in the 2000's: People that had a ton of time to spend in the game got lots of cool stuff. People that didn't have hours upon hours to spend in the game did not. They got to take a journey into an open world in a way they had likely never experienced at the time. I don't know about anyone else, but my RPG experience up to 2005 was strictly single player games. WoW was the first time I got to RPG with other people. It was exciting. It was new. It was fresh. Then it became something else...

Care to elaborate? Ya, didn't think so. Its not a good system, I explained why.
    It rewards people for meaningful contribution. Other systems, most of which are ELO/rating based are too easily abused. Moreover, it encourages constant PvP participation, which is good for everyone.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

I explained why.
    No you didn't. Complaining that you don't like something is not an argument.

You wanted Vanilla, YOU GET FUCKING VANILLA.

We've all been saying for months upon months how messed up some of Vanilla's systems were. Don't act all surprised or shocked now.

Brewmaster
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Wait, there are people who didn't expect the old pvp system to come back? It's one of the main distinctions of the preBC era.

What I'm shocked is they are bringing back dishonorable kills. Shocked and extremely pleased. This is even more vanilla than people asked for.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You don't lose honor on DKs, you lose something far more precious. You lose ranking points. You lose 100 ranking points. A rank 10 player has got 50k rank points, each DK lowers that by a flat amount of 100 which amounts to 2% of the total rank progress.
    I seem to remember losing honor. At any rate, we made him lose enough that he either almost went down an entire rank, or he was ranked down. It was only 2 wisps.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah, not like all those changes they're already fucking making lololololololololol.
    Ah, thanks for proving the slippery slope that is making changes... This is the exact reason why they shouldn't make any changes. "You think you do, but you don't"... who said that... it's almost like the best quote to identify these vanilla-liters.