Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If I can at least earn knight lieutenant again ill be happy lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    Then you deserve the same long maintenance times and buggy/crashing servers. YoU sHoUlDnT wAnT jUsT aLl ThE nIcE tHiNgS aBoUt VaNiLlA.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    You sound like someone who never had any part in HWL groups. You are objectively wrong about the way that it worked. Just throwing hours at the chase does almost nothing unless it's an AV weekend. The players who gain high ranks will be the ones who are skilled enough to contribute to a group that expects to win at a 90% rate or better week after week. Plus they will have to have the social skills to stay in that group without pissing people off. Both aspects are great in an MMO.

I think it's funny you thought this was something they would change. A lot more people are excited about this than are upset ... because it was a big part of the original game. You have given no suggestion as far as what they should do, you just want to burn down what you don't like and obviously failed at. They are not going to do arenas or RBG's as those were not original, they were later additions to the game.

"i can't farm low-lvls for easy honor anymore, WAAH"
    pathetic, the only change was that you HAD to fight actual threats to progress not just jump ungeared questing players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Then you deserve
    if you wanna start talking about what people DESERVE then lets talk about you and what you deserve.

which is nothing, from no one, ever.

this is a product, people deserve what they pay for and if the company will not(not cannot) provide what they promoted then they should be met with a well deserved legal suit if not dissolution.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah, not like all those changes they're already fucking making lololololololololol.
    You mean the few changes that actually affect gameplay that thry put in just to cut down on customer support?

As somebody who will NEVER hit rank 14, or even rank 11 for that matter, I LIKE the fact that the system will be in place for classic.

they are very powerful and hard to get items.

Vanilla WoW has a lot more RPG aspects to it. the PvP rewards go to the players who spill the most enemy blood, your skill level is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    You mean the few changes that actually affect gameplay that thry put in just to cut down on customer support?
    No, I don't. But good try.

Look if you cant grind you cant get High Warlord or Grand Marshal its fair ..... same as if you wont be hardcore you wont clear Nax and AQ 40.
    AND THIS IS WHAT VANILA IS ABOUT there is no such thing as everyone can do everything one level to it all no normal lfr pre pvp gear mini pvp gear almost epic pvp gear.
    its what RPG is about you shouldn't have 3000 people with t3 and when you see someone wearing his R13/14 set and weapon you'd appreciate the effort they put into the game.

Nothing is easy there, Hard work - Big Rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    It is indeed a terrible system.

But there would be an outcry if it was changed, especially from all the streamers who can play 24/7

I'll hopefully be in BWL gear by the time people start getting it, now sure on release dates.

[QUOTE=Hinastorm;51050521]Yep, heres the "No changes" brigade, who rather say the phrase no changes than use their critical thinking skills for literally 30 seconds to realize how awful this system is.

I look forward to vanilla servers 2.0 when they inevitably make no brainer changes. It happened to Everquests servers, its gonna happen here. [/qoute]

What did you expect?

Please share with us these these changes to the P99 Everquest servers, other than expansions.

If you already know they are going to change Classic down the line, isn't this whole thread pointless then with your deep insight to gaming development?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, its exactly the right thing to do. Vanilla rewards no life players, if you don't like it go play BfA.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Rank 13/14 is deffo really really far from achievable because some people will be "no lifers" ( 2 people farming in shifts for those ranks, lets be honest this is how most of them got it or they had a system on the server with a line up of who's next to get it).

But you can always push rank 10/11 fro some nice rewards with not death core play style or just raid and get the gear from there.
    +you get great items from the PVP reputations system I think some of the BiS shoulders for warr come from AB rep.

Anyway its like getting the "Seasonal PVP Mount" only like 10% of the pvp players get them and no one cares so its the same with Ranks 13/14

wut who is that!? omg its maximus r14 AND full t3 and he is riding on the legendary mount!? he is imba i want to be him! *crowd cheers*

GIT gud suckers

holy shit this forum is aids

Just because I never played in vanilla but have attempted a few glad grinds, are they comparable? Obviously the 20hours a day for many months aspect isn't comparable, but the amount of skill and coordination and frustration aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    No, its exactly the right thing to do. Vanilla rewards no life players, if you don't like it go play BfA.
    I've been seeing an increase of this mindset. Either you are with us or against us. Tribalist mindset when in the end both groups could be happy. They could easily keep the exclusivity of r13/14 while making qualify of life changes to reduce the mass AFKing or imbalances within the system. Small changes.... not changing the framework.
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    Just because I never played in vanilla but have attempted a few glad grinds, are they comparable? Obviously the 20hours a day for many months aspect isn't comparable, but the amount of skill and coordination and frustration aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been seeing an increase of this mindset. Either you are with us or against us. Tribalist mindset when in the end both groups could be happy. They could easily keep the exclusivity of r13/14 while making qualify of life changes to reduce the mass AFKing or imbalances within the system. Small changes.... not changing the framework.
    Totally understand your reasoning, still the small changes, upon small changes, and wattering down of systems, and availability for the masses... and then we're not talking about the same game anymore.

It was a grind, it rewarded dedicated/no lifers (as you prefer), it was also exploitable, still it's not mandatory, you don't have to do it, it's not required for anything, you won't miss anything in the game if you don't grind it or don't achieve it, so i say just let it be.

People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Totally understand your reasoning, still the small changes, upon small changes, and wattering down of systems, and availability for the masses... and then we're not talking about the same game anymore.

It was a grind, it rewarded dedicated/no lifers (as you prefer), it was also exploitable, still it's not mandatory, you don't have to do it, it's not required for anything, you won't miss anything in the game if you don't grind it or don't achieve it, so i say just let it be.

And i agree with your points about slippery slope. It just seems that something as huge as PvP would have been their focal point. All the legendary moments I've heard people talk about revolved around PvP so I figured they would polish it. I refuse to believe that original vanilla players AT THE TIME wouldn't have welcomed QoL changes.

edit and I hope these same players screaming NOO DON'T FIX IT WE NEED OG VANILLA aren't gonna be the quitters after a month or two because I have my strange feeling in my gut that thats exactly whats gonna happen
    Check my achievements bruh.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a rank 13 myself... (with some help <3 )
    i can tell you it is indeed a bad system.

But #nOcHaNgEsO_o and all that.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've never had a good system for pvp. Everything has been flawed. Even if Blizzard wanted it changed, what'd they do?