Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    how old were you in 2005?

Have some self respect man. You're asking me how old I am while behaving like a little kid throwing a tantrum after being proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by adam6961 View Post
    The rank system favors organized PvP, and it didn't kill off PvP back in Vanilla.
    Only rank 13/14 will require you to be a part of a pvp group, and that sounds like "community" to me. Everyone can raid too, but you're gonna do better with a guild
    Raiding is a poor comparison. No one is ever going to get angry and harass you because you are a pug raider who puts in a bunch of time to stayed geared and on top of consumables in order to be the best you can be solo. The problem here is that the "community" created by the PvP system isn't a community, it's a clique which actively manipulates the system and imposes limits on both their own and external players in order to be as efficient as possible.

The closer comparison is devilsaur farming. You can solo devilsaur farm, it can be more effective to farm devilsaurs with other people (community). Neither of these are a problem, the problem comes when you have a specific group (clique) actively locking everyone not part of their group out of devilsaur farming so that they can monopolize and profit off them at the expense of other people being able to access that system.

At the end of the day, "needing" the PvP group isn't a construction of Blizzard's but of that clique attempting to monopolize it. The group barrier here is an artificial one.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Have some self respect man. You're asking me how old I am while behaving like a little kid throwing a tantrum after being proven wrong.
    you haven't proven me wrong all you have linked is somebody posting estimations on how he thinks the system worked mixed up with facts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Raiding is a poor comparison. No one is ever going to get angry and harass you because you are a pug raider who puts in a bunch of time to stayed geared and on top of consumables in order to be the best you can be solo. The problem here is that the "community" created by the PvP system isn't a community, it's a clique which actively manipulates the system and imposes limits on both their own and external players in order to be as efficient as possible.

The closer comparison is devilsaur farming. You can solo devilsaur farm, it can be more effective to farm devilsaurs with other people (community). Neither of these are a problem, the problem comes when you have a specific group (clique) actively locking everyone not part of their group out of devilsaur farming so that they can monopolize and profit off them at the expense of other people being able to access that system.

At the end of the day, "needing" the PvP group isn't a construction of Blizzard's but of that clique attempting to monopolize it. The group barrier here is an artificial one.
    I don't think it is a problem. Even with cross-faction collusion which will inevitably occur. Nothing stops another clique from forming and pushing the old clique out. If we're being honest here, there will always be a clique, the best clique which won't be pushed out and that's just how it is.

This is something that is going to occur far more often than during vanilla because people nowadays understand the fortune that is to be made from monopolizing devilsaur leather.

I've been doing it for years now and it's definitely the most profitable thing you can do during a fresh server. Farming 5k~ gold before ranking is the best thing you can do.

Monopolizing devilsaur on Classic is going to be a lot harder because there won't be NA prime, China prime and EU prime, there will be dead hours which other players can take advantage of to farm devilsaur. There's also the issue that during phase 1 there won't be a honor system so people are going to flock even harder to spots like this to farm gold because there simply won't be any honor to farm.

It's how it worked in vanilla, it's how it should work now, simple as that. If you can't or won't commit the time into getting it then you have the ability to just not go for it, that's all there is to it. No changes all the way.

you haven't proven me wrong all you have linked is somebody posting estimations on how he thinks the system worked mixed up with facts
    take a look at the references and stop behaving like a donut

take a look at the references and stop behaving like a donut
    you have no valid references im a first hand reference you choose to be ignorant towards

it was over a decade ago most links are dead
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...explained.html

back in vanilla while grinding honor i had to buy a 2nd account and level an Alliance character on the same server because i won battlegrounds so often the other faction stopped queuing up i use to lead and win AV games back to back in 30min for example

i don't think your old enough to have played the original AV so you wont understand how rare that is

cant find the 30min screenshots but here is a 1h 40m win with me as raid leader and someone thanking me in raid chat

you have no valid references im a first hand reference you choose to be ignorant towards

it was over a decade ago most links are dead
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...explained.html

back in vanilla while grinding honor i had to buy a 2nd account and level an Alliance character on the same server because i won battlegrounds so often the other faction stopped queuing up i use to lead and win AV games back to back in 30min for example

i don't think your old enough to have played the original AV so you wont understand how rare that is

cant find the 30min screenshots but here is a 1h 40m win with me as raid leader and someone thanking me in raid chat

You're one confused little fellow

You're one confused little fellow
    feel free to link any screen shots of the ranks you achieved in vanilla

what exactly do you think your linking? you have no data there kid

once again the limitation on players reaching higher ranks was created by RP vs Decay it has nothing to do with brackets

how old were you back then? do you only have misinterpreted information from private servers and not the original game

there was a progression cap on the speed you could progress each week but that had nothing to do with how many players could be between the ranks that decay came into effect for

- - - Updated - - -

i hope your playing it on a CRT monitor

Of course.

Even dragged it out of the garage and everything.

But with a serious note, the PvP Grind *was* a major part of Classic WoW, and to remove it or alter it starts a dangerous precedent, and would start others asking for more things. We shall see how it works down the line, might be Blizz see a huge increase in Bots or account sharing so they make changes, but we don't know until we see it Live so to speak (Private servers aren;t the best really for the kind of standard subscriber usage with all fairness, they are usually a more hardcore breed).

But for the first year? Keep it how it was and see from there.

If I can at least earn knight lieutenant again ill be happy lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    Then you deserve the same long maintenance times and buggy/crashing servers. YoU sHoUlDnT wAnT jUsT aLl ThE nIcE tHiNgS aBoUt VaNiLlA.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    You sound like someone who never had any part in HWL groups. You are objectively wrong about the way that it worked. Just throwing hours at the chase does almost nothing unless it's an AV weekend. The players who gain high ranks will be the ones who are skilled enough to contribute to a group that expects to win at a 90% rate or better week after week. Plus they will have to have the social skills to stay in that group without pissing people off. Both aspects are great in an MMO.

I think it's funny you thought this was something they would change. A lot more people are excited about this than are upset ... because it was a big part of the original game. You have given no suggestion as far as what they should do, you just want to burn down what you don't like and obviously failed at. They are not going to do arenas or RBG's as those were not original, they were later additions to the game.

"i can't farm low-lvls for easy honor anymore, WAAH"
    pathetic, the only change was that you HAD to fight actual threats to progress not just jump ungeared questing players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Then you deserve
    if you wanna start talking about what people DESERVE then lets talk about you and what you deserve.

which is nothing, from no one, ever.

this is a product, people deserve what they pay for and if the company will not(not cannot) provide what they promoted then they should be met with a well deserved legal suit if not dissolution.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah, not like all those changes they're already fucking making lololololololololol.
    You mean the few changes that actually affect gameplay that thry put in just to cut down on customer support?

As somebody who will NEVER hit rank 14, or even rank 11 for that matter, I LIKE the fact that the system will be in place for classic.

they are very powerful and hard to get items.

Vanilla WoW has a lot more RPG aspects to it. the PvP rewards go to the players who spill the most enemy blood, your skill level is irrelevant.

The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    You mean the few changes that actually affect gameplay that thry put in just to cut down on customer support?
    No, I don't. But good try.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

Look if you cant grind you cant get High Warlord or Grand Marshal its fair ..... same as if you wont be hardcore you wont clear Nax and AQ 40.
    AND THIS IS WHAT VANILA IS ABOUT there is no such thing as everyone can do everything one level to it all no normal lfr pre pvp gear mini pvp gear almost epic pvp gear.
    its what RPG is about you shouldn't have 3000 people with t3 and when you see someone wearing his R13/14 set and weapon you'd appreciate the effort they put into the game.

Nothing is easy there, Hard work - Big Rewards

It is indeed a terrible system.

But there would be an outcry if it was changed, especially from all the streamers who can play 24/7

I'll hopefully be in BWL gear by the time people start getting it, now sure on release dates.

[QUOTE=Hinastorm;51050521]Yep, heres the "No changes" brigade, who rather say the phrase no changes than use their critical thinking skills for literally 30 seconds to realize how awful this system is.

I look forward to vanilla servers 2.0 when they inevitably make no brainer changes. It happened to Everquests servers, its gonna happen here. [/qoute]

What did you expect?

Please share with us these these changes to the P99 Everquest servers, other than expansions.

If you already know they are going to change Classic down the line, isn't this whole thread pointless then with your deep insight to gaming development?