Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, its exactly the right thing to do. Vanilla rewards no life players, if you don't like it go play BfA.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Rank 13/14 is deffo really really far from achievable because some people will be "no lifers" ( 2 people farming in shifts for those ranks, lets be honest this is how most of them got it or they had a system on the server with a line up of who's next to get it).

But you can always push rank 10/11 fro some nice rewards with not death core play style or just raid and get the gear from there.
    +you get great items from the PVP reputations system I think some of the BiS shoulders for warr come from AB rep.

Anyway its like getting the "Seasonal PVP Mount" only like 10% of the pvp players get them and no one cares so its the same with Ranks 13/14

wut who is that!? omg its maximus r14 AND full t3 and he is riding on the legendary mount!? he is imba i want to be him! *crowd cheers*

GIT gud suckers

holy shit this forum is aids

Just because I never played in vanilla but have attempted a few glad grinds, are they comparable? Obviously the 20hours a day for many months aspect isn't comparable, but the amount of skill and coordination and frustration aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    No, its exactly the right thing to do. Vanilla rewards no life players, if you don't like it go play BfA.
    I've been seeing an increase of this mindset. Either you are with us or against us. Tribalist mindset when in the end both groups could be happy. They could easily keep the exclusivity of r13/14 while making qualify of life changes to reduce the mass AFKing or imbalances within the system. Small changes.... not changing the framework.
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    Just because I never played in vanilla but have attempted a few glad grinds, are they comparable? Obviously the 20hours a day for many months aspect isn't comparable, but the amount of skill and coordination and frustration aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been seeing an increase of this mindset. Either you are with us or against us. Tribalist mindset when in the end both groups could be happy. They could easily keep the exclusivity of r13/14 while making qualify of life changes to reduce the mass AFKing or imbalances within the system. Small changes.... not changing the framework.
    Totally understand your reasoning, still the small changes, upon small changes, and wattering down of systems, and availability for the masses... and then we're not talking about the same game anymore.

It was a grind, it rewarded dedicated/no lifers (as you prefer), it was also exploitable, still it's not mandatory, you don't have to do it, it's not required for anything, you won't miss anything in the game if you don't grind it or don't achieve it, so i say just let it be.

People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Totally understand your reasoning, still the small changes, upon small changes, and wattering down of systems, and availability for the masses... and then we're not talking about the same game anymore.

It was a grind, it rewarded dedicated/no lifers (as you prefer), it was also exploitable, still it's not mandatory, you don't have to do it, it's not required for anything, you won't miss anything in the game if you don't grind it or don't achieve it, so i say just let it be.

And i agree with your points about slippery slope. It just seems that something as huge as PvP would have been their focal point. All the legendary moments I've heard people talk about revolved around PvP so I figured they would polish it. I refuse to believe that original vanilla players AT THE TIME wouldn't have welcomed QoL changes.

edit and I hope these same players screaming NOO DON'T FIX IT WE NEED OG VANILLA aren't gonna be the quitters after a month or two because I have my strange feeling in my gut that thats exactly whats gonna happen
    Check my achievements bruh.

as a rank 13 myself... (with some help <3 )
    i can tell you it is indeed a bad system.

But #nOcHaNgEsO_o and all that.

Pandaren Monk
    They've never had a good system for pvp. Everything has been flawed. Even if Blizzard wanted it changed, what'd they do?

Becoming rank 14 is not a human right. This is exactly the kind of mindset that dulled down live wow; people constantly complaining about niche content being "unavilable" to them because they didn't want or had the time to put in the effort. Rank 14 was prestigious because it was insanely difficult to become, and if everyone could become that with minimal effort, it loses its prestige as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES
    I'm pretty sure acting like the same people who wanted vanilla are the exact same people now complaining, is a logical fallacy. Most of the people complaining didn't ask for vanilla in the first place, but are now for some reason feeling compelled to play it.
    Last edited by Contego; 2019-04-11 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

I wont have the time to go for R14 (nor anything above R9 prolly), but I am very pleased that they decided not to touch it.
    It was a messed up and demanding system, but thats how MMOs used to be - you had to invest a lot of time and sweat to get something.
    Personally I kind of liked it despite its flaws.

This system blows, but there is no perfect alternative. Every system has downsides.

Classic is not meant to be evolution. It meant to remind us what MMORPG is supposed to be, what made old WoW so good. It will help developers understand what went wrong with WoW and maybe we'll have something new come out of it in several years.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    The people screaming for changes are not the people that were asking Blizz for legacy servers, they're just a small vocal minority on this and other forums that don't even really care about this, but keep asking for changes that will get them to play it.

I'm on board with them keeping this system the way it was. It sucked yea, it was a grind, it encouraged account sharing, all that. But it was a core part of the experience of vanilla PVP, and something to constantly work towards. Even for those who never hit rank 14, there was the push to hit Stone Guard, Legionnaire, whatever. It's a fun system to work towards advancement in I think. Not everyone has to unlock everything, have access to everything, and have the best gear. Having some of this stuff feel exclusive and rare adds to the experience. At least that's my perspective from someone who will never even dream of sniffing the High Warlord grind again
    Lifelong gamer, MMO/FPS/BR/CCG enthusiast.
    Pro Gear And Settings

CO-GM <Scrutiny>

No, it's really not.

I appreciate your opinion, and wholeheartedly disagree. Who cares how much someone else plays? Unless of course, that person that plays more than you is killing you and making you upset.

With that being said, im glad they're keeping the system the way it was; it will reward those that put in the effort and dedication and have the discipline to make it happen. It will also be fairly authentic. No, this isn't some sport or a job, but if you want Rank 14, you should probably treat it like it is. The rank seemed unattainable, and that made it special. You're not getting better at anything playing 30 minutes per day - maybe 4 hours per day, but you're probably not learning everything about the game.

Nowadays, im married, have a job, expecting a kid, etc... but im not callous enough to act like some washed up middle aged woman who still wears crop tops and dresses like they're 19 with a bunch of shit in their face. Let the next generation of dweebs take over, and enjoy your own slice of the nerd pie - there is one just for you, although it may not be the Rank 14 slice you desire; it will be commensurate to the amount of time and effort you put towards your nerdy goals - at least in Vanilla.

If you dislike that, there are a plethora of video game options out there that require little time investment and could be said to rely solely on "skill." Hell, there's even a new and improved, steadily updated, version of WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    That awkward moment when I find myself agreeing with JustRob.

NO CHANGES , indeed
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

You want Classic?

THEN NO CHANGE FOR YOU!
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    Becoming rank 14 is not a human right. This is exactly the kind of mindset that dulled down live wow; people constantly complaining about niche content being "unavilable" to them because they didn't want or had the time to put in the effort. Rank 14 was prestigious because it was insanely difficult to become, and if everyone could become that with minimal effort, it loses its prestige as well.
    What.

Tell that to all the Rank 14s that got it before people understood how the honor system worked simply by pure "luck" aka anyone that got it before September 2005.

Its only hard because its a shit system and instead of the "Farm groups" simply rotating people they kept trying to outfarm each other, ending in endless cycles of multiple friends playing 24/7.

I did it for 3 characters, not all the time, i just helped out during the Rank13/Rank14 weeks for some friends on a tryhard server that had 2-3 Alliance groups fighting each other like morons.

While on my own server since there was only 1 good farm group on each side, it was much much easier and much less played required.

There was nothing hard about it, it was 100% how moronic and childish each server was.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-12 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What.

Tell that to all the first Rank 14 that got it before people understood how the honor system worked aka anyone that got it before September 2005.

Its only hard because its a shit system and instead of the "Farm groups" simply rotating people they kept trying to outfarm each other, ending in endless cycles of multiple friends playing 24/7.
    Yep, what an awesome system lol. I know a guy irl that got to 13 by himself. He must have played 18 hours a day. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-04-12 at 12:29 AM.