Page 1 of 15
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Sticking to the old high warlord grind system is a huge mistake

    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

    I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

    Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?

  2. #2
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

    N O C H A N G E S

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

    I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

    Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    Do you have an actual argument as to why they should change it other than you think it's bad?

    It's not exactly a good system, but that's not the point. Classic is meant to be as close as possible to the original, the minor changes so far have been just that, and have little to no impact on the actual game. Overhauling the pvp ranking system would do just that, which is not the intention of the project.

    Things like spell queuing show they really are trying to get it as close as possible with current tech. Not sure why you'd think they'd overhaul the entire ranking system, we all know there were plenty of shitty things about Classic that are coming back, that's part of the charm for those of us who are actually going to stick around.

  4. #4
    It's the way it was in classic.

    They're not trying to reinvent it. That's a real slippery slope.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    it will not reward people who are not part of the top PvP group for that faction/server

    it has nothing to do with "just" the amount of hours played

    in Vanilla the other faction would learn who the best PvP group was and basically let them win in many battlegrounds to avoid ending up in a 1+ hour WSG game for example

    they could grind more honor per hour by letting the better team win by forfeiting then trying to play the game

    i predict that with the ease of communication social media gives people these days alliances will be set up across factions and win trading will be common place

    you have zero chance even if you have some kind of brain cancer that has removed your requirement for sleep to beat whoever is running the 1# pvp group on that server/faction


    enjoy Vanilla suckers been there done that no way ill play that hell again

    with my wisdom if i had the power i would change the vanilla system to REMOVE DECAY on your current rank

    every week you miss out on a high rank it DECAYS requiring you to work a extra week on top of the week you have lost to catch up
    Last edited by Daish; 2019-04-09 at 12:24 AM.

  6. #6
    It's a system catered to the hardcore grinders with a lot of time on their hands. Seems fine to me.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,079
    Yup, I was still entertaining the idea of just leveling a shaman for pvp but that news just permanently detoured that plan. The old honor system is THEE dumbest fucking thing they decided not to change.

    Now I'm going to sit back and laugh if someone dies from attempting it.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pit peri pembo!

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, I was still entertaining the idea of just leveling a shaman for pvp but that news just permanently detoured that plan. The old honor system is THEE dumbest fucking thing they decided not to change.

    Now I'm going to sit back and laugh if someone dies from attempting it.
    people will account share like in vanilla until every other pvp group dies then they will sit back and relax knowing they have a monopoly on the top 10-20 ranks for that server/faction and work out a chart on who gets what rank each week to progress though their list and earn players rank 13 or 14

    if you do not follow the chart and earn to much honor you will be at risk of being kicked from your pvp group

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

    I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

    Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    Whether it's awful or not is irrelevant. You folks wanted vanilla.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    people will account share like in vanilla until every other pvp group dies then they will sit back and relax knowing they have a monopoly on the top 10-20 ranks for that server/faction and work out a chart on who gets what rank each week to progress though their list and earn players rank 13 or 14

    if you do not follow the chart and earn to much honor you will be at risk of being kicked from your pvp group
    That's exactly what happened to my cousin when I would play his account for him when while he slept when I got home at 1am after work. If manual pvp groups were removed it would be somewhat better...
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pit peri pembo!

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    That's exactly what happened to my cousin when I would play his account for him when while he slept when I got home at 1am after work. If manual pvp groups were removed it would be somewhat better...
    i dont think most people understand how bad it is

    if there are 3 pvp groups on a server/faction fighting for the top 10 rank every week NOBODY will end up getting rank 14

    whole servers will be denied any rank 14 players because of the decay lol

    the system is set up to force people to quit and destroy PVP groups until only 1 remains

  12. #12
    Wanna go 14? Be prepared to play 18-20 hours a day for 2 months. This is how it worked back in the day, this is how it's gonna work again.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, I was still entertaining the idea of just leveling a shaman for pvp but that news just permanently detoured that plan. The old honor system is THEE dumbest fucking thing they decided not to change.

    Now I'm going to sit back and laugh if someone dies from attempting it.
    This is perplexing to me. You know it's vanilla and began to lay out a road map for PVP but you never thought about the fact that it's vanilla PVP until you were told it's vanilla PVP?

    Of course it's awful but it being awful isn't the point. It's not modern tweaks and changes to make it neapolitan, it's archaic vanilla. For better and for worse.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Wanna go 14? Be prepared to play 18-20 hours a day for 2 months. This is how it worked back in the day, this is how it's gonna work again.
    that was only possible before battlegrounds were released

    back then you were forced to solo or you would end up with less honor

    battlegrounds will be in from the start from what i understand so there is no chance of any solo player

  15. #15
    I'm all-aboard the #NoChanges train, but I actually agree that it's a mistake to implement the old Honor system without some changes. It's not healthy for the game or the players attempting the grind. I understand that authenticity is important... but the game could be MUCH better with a different honor system, one that rewards playtime and skill without requiring players to play 22 hours a day for months at a time, or setting up community rotations for players to "win" GM/HWL in a given week. It's a garbage system.

    The old honor system only encourages PvP cartels, account sharing, and/or dangerously unhealthy playing habits.

  16. #16
    QQmoar nubs. Rank 14 will only be achievable by a low % of people, as it always has been. Don't like it? Don't do vanilla honor PvP grind. Honestly, some people just want rank 11 for the blue set and mount...and that's not difficult to get to.

  17. #17
    ..did people really think of all the things in Vanilla that would/would not change THAT would be the thing to be changed....

    people wanted Vanilla..they will get Vanilla

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer City Pop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    3,385
    Yeaaah, I'm fine with keeping the original pvp system.

  19. #19
    Yep, heres the "No changes" brigade, who rather say the phrase no changes than use their critical thinking skills for literally 30 seconds to realize how awful this system is.

    I look forward to vanilla servers 2.0 when they inevitably make no brainer changes. It happened to Everquests servers, its gonna happen here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Wanna go 14? Be prepared to play 18-20 hours a day for 2 months. This is how it worked back in the day, this is how it's gonna work again.
    Thinking "no changes" is a better stance than changing this hilariously awful system, is hilarious.

    I swear "no changes" is the next "believe women". Its a catchy little saying that sounds good on its face, but upon inspection has fatal flaws. The small minded love their catchy little sayings.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2019-04-09 at 12:46 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    QQmoar nubs. Rank 14 will only be achievable by a low % of people, as it always has been. Don't like it? Don't do vanilla honor PvP grind. Honestly, some people just want rank 11 for the blue set and mount...and that's not difficult to get to.
    Casual dads with 1h/week playtime getting angry that they will actually need to do something in order to get stuff instead of recieving BFA welfare items from literally anything w/o making any effort. Who would have thought /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •