Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Becoming rank 14 is not a human right. This is exactly the kind of mindset that dulled down live wow; people constantly complaining about niche content being "unavilable" to them because they didn't want or had the time to put in the effort. Rank 14 was prestigious because it was insanely difficult to become, and if everyone could become that with minimal effort, it loses its prestige as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES
    I'm pretty sure acting like the same people who wanted vanilla are the exact same people now complaining, is a logical fallacy. Most of the people complaining didn't ask for vanilla in the first place, but are now for some reason feeling compelled to play it.
    Last edited by Contego; 2019-04-11 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

I wont have the time to go for R14 (nor anything above R9 prolly), but I am very pleased that they decided not to touch it.
    It was a messed up and demanding system, but thats how MMOs used to be - you had to invest a lot of time and sweat to get something.
    Personally I kind of liked it despite its flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    People screamed for years they wanted vanila wow and how better it is than retail,they never thought blizz would do such a move and now that they are getting it THEY KNOW how fucked up they are! Welcome to the <World of Endless Grind> please enjoy your stay ! #NOCHANGES
    The people screaming for changes are not the people that were asking Blizz for legacy servers, they're just a small vocal minority on this and other forums that don't even really care about this, but keep asking for changes that will get them to play it.

I'm on board with them keeping this system the way it was. It sucked yea, it was a grind, it encouraged account sharing, all that. But it was a core part of the experience of vanilla PVP, and something to constantly work towards. Even for those who never hit rank 14, there was the push to hit Stone Guard, Legionnaire, whatever. It's a fun system to work towards advancement in I think. Not everyone has to unlock everything, have access to everything, and have the best gear. Having some of this stuff feel exclusive and rare adds to the experience. At least that's my perspective from someone who will never even dream of sniffing the High Warlord grind again
    Lifelong gamer, MMO/FPS/BR/CCG enthusiast.
    Pro Gear And Settings

CO-GM <Scrutiny>

No, it's really not.

I appreciate your opinion, and wholeheartedly disagree. Who cares how much someone else plays? Unless of course, that person that plays more than you is killing you and making you upset.

With that being said, im glad they're keeping the system the way it was; it will reward those that put in the effort and dedication and have the discipline to make it happen. It will also be fairly authentic. No, this isn't some sport or a job, but if you want Rank 14, you should probably treat it like it is. The rank seemed unattainable, and that made it special. You're not getting better at anything playing 30 minutes per day - maybe 4 hours per day, but you're probably not learning everything about the game.

Nowadays, im married, have a job, expecting a kid, etc... but im not callous enough to act like some washed up middle aged woman who still wears crop tops and dresses like they're 19 with a bunch of shit in their face. Let the next generation of dweebs take over, and enjoy your own slice of the nerd pie - there is one just for you, although it may not be the Rank 14 slice you desire; it will be commensurate to the amount of time and effort you put towards your nerdy goals - at least in Vanilla.

If you dislike that, there are a plethora of video game options out there that require little time investment and could be said to rely solely on "skill." Hell, there's even a new and improved, steadily updated, version of WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    That awkward moment when I find myself agreeing with JustRob.

NO CHANGES , indeed
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

You want Classic?

THEN NO CHANGE FOR YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    Becoming rank 14 is not a human right. This is exactly the kind of mindset that dulled down live wow; people constantly complaining about niche content being "unavilable" to them because they didn't want or had the time to put in the effort. Rank 14 was prestigious because it was insanely difficult to become, and if everyone could become that with minimal effort, it loses its prestige as well.
    What.

Tell that to all the Rank 14s that got it before people understood how the honor system worked simply by pure "luck" aka anyone that got it before September 2005.

Its only hard because its a shit system and instead of the "Farm groups" simply rotating people they kept trying to outfarm each other, ending in endless cycles of multiple friends playing 24/7.

I did it for 3 characters, not all the time, i just helped out during the Rank13/Rank14 weeks for some friends on a tryhard server that had 2-3 Alliance groups fighting each other like morons.

While on my own server since there was only 1 good farm group on each side, it was much much easier and much less played required.

There was nothing hard about it, it was 100% how moronic and childish each server was.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-12 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What.

Tell that to all the first Rank 14 that got it before people understood how the honor system worked aka anyone that got it before September 2005.

Its only hard because its a shit system and instead of the "Farm groups" simply rotating people they kept trying to outfarm each other, ending in endless cycles of multiple friends playing 24/7.
    Yep, what an awesome system lol. I know a guy irl that got to 13 by himself. He must have played 18 hours a day. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-04-12 at 12:29 AM.

"you think you want vanilla, but you don't"
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    This is probably like reading a thread back when classic was current. Someone making a post complaining about getting high warlord took alot of time and effort.

Maybe this is how all the moaning began? With the High Warlord rank?

Look, if you dont have the skills, time or desire to get it, dont bother thinking about it.

Theres lots of stuff I havent done in wow over the years. Why? Because either I wasnt good enough, I did not have the time or I didnt have the desire to get it done.

Should I cry about it? No. Its right there in the game if I really want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yep, what an awesome system lol. I know a guy irl that got to 13 by himself. He must have played 18 hours a day. Ridiculous.
    I was in the farm group of my server, and because it was a second wave server (May 2005) that we had rerolled too from our launch characters it was still "newbie and fresh" by the time it became known how Ranks worked, aka end of August 2005/September 2005 where the madness started.

I recall playing max 12h/day on a bad day, and probably even less for about 4-5 weeks, because i was invested in PvE before that as it was the reason we rerolled, i simply started from 0, so ended up Rank 10 before i got fed up of playing that much and unsubbed for the next 3 months.

Helped 4 people get Rank 14 in that group and a few rank 13 the shaman R14 became my personal healer/Windfury totem in PvP along with my favorite Frost Nova dispelled Priest , a few months after when we ended up in the same guild for PvE and of course at some point with all the naxx/AQ40 gear we were doing that awesome 2-3v10 WSG after the raid at midnight.

Ended up helping friends getting their Rank 14s those months so meh , didnt really stop playing.

But anyone claiming "Getting Rank 14 is hard" is just delusional, system is shit, vanilla was shit, and most of all, retarded childish morons that cant simply do a rotation.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-12 at 12:42 AM.

It's a ridiculous grind but the rewards are very worth it.
    I'd say it's an integral part of vanilla so #nochanges tbh

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    And i agree with your points about slippery slope. It just seems that something as huge as PvP would have been their focal point. All the legendary moments I've heard people talk about revolved around PvP so I figured they would polish it. I refuse to believe that original vanilla players AT THE TIME wouldn't have welcomed QoL changes.

edit and I hope these same players screaming NOO DON'T FIX IT WE NEED OG VANILLA aren't gonna be the quitters after a month or two because I have my strange feeling in my gut that thats exactly whats gonna happen
    The pvp was fun back then, but the majority of people never reached max pvp rank. Not even close. I got Knight L on my hunter, and that was with random bgs/wpvp during classic. and I was quite bad to.

So there are cool ranks to reach, but the top top ranks will be very hard.

It can maybe be compared to being a top,top raider in retail. It requires alot of time, dedication and mainly just nolifing it.

To Summ this topic up by an old favorite.

GIT GUD !

Keep it, but I really dont think I will do that one more time. (Only did until Field marshal, rank 1 didnt give a upgrade so I skipped it. If I only knew they would add ach later so I would have got a permanent title... My only real regret in wow).

so you want vanilla
    but TBC
    lmao shut up
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

i'm sure the old system will be fine. i'm also fairly sure they will use modern anti-cheat systems so being online 24/7 probably won't fly this time.

The only change i would want in PVP is to PROPERLY fix the AFK honor-farming in battlegrounds (especially AV).

That is obviously an abuse/exploit because the old system was limited in tech and isn't part of the game design.

And that's why preferred TBC over vanilla. They have fixed a lot of BS.