Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The High Warlord title, like the rest of Vanilla was never designed to be just handed to you. You didn't get the rewards for just showing up, you had to put in the time. I had so much fun in PVP back in vanilla grinding the titles I didn't care how high I got I just had fun with it, I am actually building my first gaming PC just to play classic I have only ever raided on a Laptop and want to enjoy classic to the fullest extent possible I am super excited for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Yep, heres the "No changes" brigade, who rather say the phrase no changes than use their critical thinking skills for literally 30 seconds to realize how awful this system is.

I look forward to vanilla servers 2.0 when they inevitably make no brainer changes. It happened to Everquests servers, its gonna happen here.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking "no changes" is a better stance than changing this hilariously awful system, is hilarious.

I swear "no changes" is the next "believe women". Its a catchy little saying that sounds good on its face, but upon inspection has fatal flaws. The small minded love their catchy little sayings.
    "No changes" people, like me, don't mind broken things about the game, because it's just a place to get your nostalgia-kicks, not a foundation for some new WoW experience. I will never grind for HW that I have to maintain in order to use the gear, but that's ok.
    Mother pus bucket!

I seem to be the only one here who couldn't give a flying fk about pvp lol

I am Murloc!
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    Wanting the vanilla experience is by default wanting a lot of awful systems. Everything is as it should be.

What would you have them do? Put in ranked BG's and arenas?

Sorry, but some people like me want vanilla as it was warts and all. Does it REALLY affect you if 1% of the player base grinds harder than you or has more free time and has a meaningless title? It doesn't give them legendary weapons or anything to overpower them; if anything i fear a nax geared raider with a legendary more than i do a high warlord.

Perspective and all.

There's current wow for those who don't want to commit time or energy into classic, but there's currently nowhere for fans of classic wow to go until it comes out. Don't take that away from us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Honest question, why are we mad about keeping the grind system?
    Like, why does it matter?
    Are you hurt that, back in the day, you achieved rank 13/14, but in today's world you simply won't have the time?
    Seems like "working as intended".
    Maybe you never got that high and, with Classic coming out, you thought maybe you could?
    Well, if that's the case, put in the time like everyone else.
    Or are we mad that the highest titles aren't just given out to everyone like a participation trophy?

I mean, how do you change it to fit the landscape of Classic without causing even more issue?

The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    What total hogwash.

If you can play 20 hours a day.. you should get 20 hours of results.
    If you play 2 hours a week? Play BfA... they give you everything for 2 hours play a week.
    Putting things like caps and gating in the game only reduce the value of playing the game, and puts the "unfairness" onto other people.

TLDR;

In an MMO, not everything has to be achievable by everyone.

It rewards people who play 20 hours a day
    Which is pretty much most of the #nochanges crowd, so it makes sense.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Exactly. This is the result. Everyone wanted vanilla so bad. Now they want vanilla "lite". A vanilla with changes that make it different then the original.
    When you realize that some people wanted the original, and other people want changes, and that there was no one changing their mind but simply multiple groups interested in the game, you'll stop saying things like this.

EDIT: Actually, I'll even go so far as to say there were (statistically speaking) some people who changed their mind, but even so, that doesn't change the fact that you're talking about two (or more) different groups and their opinions on Vanilla/Classic.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-04-12 at 03:21 PM.

I'll never get the high ranks myself, but I still do not think the system needs changing. It should be what Vanilla was.

You don't personally have to do everything. Even if you want to. Enough commitment and it might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what are you talking about? people did not afk in battlegrounds like AV because they were earning honor from it that would be a retarded way to earn honor

people afked in battlegrounds like AV because they lasted hours and needed breaks

when AV was first released level 1 characters could enter as well

You are not just wrong. but VERY wrong
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    thanks for proving you did not play vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    Ofc people afked in AV. But that never got them anywhere because honor again from objectives was very small. People mostly afked for rep.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What.

Tell that to all the Rank 14s that got it before people understood how the honor system worked simply by pure "luck" aka anyone that got it before September 2005.

Its only hard because its a shit system and instead of the "Farm groups" simply rotating people they kept trying to outfarm each other, ending in endless cycles of multiple friends playing 24/7.

I did it for 3 characters, not all the time, i just helped out during the Rank13/Rank14 weeks for some friends on a tryhard server that had 2-3 Alliance groups fighting each other like morons.

While on my own server since there was only 1 good farm group on each side, it was much much easier and much less played required.

There was nothing hard about it, it was 100% how moronic and childish each server was.
    They could probably make the grind a lot less painful by extending the brackets; say make the top 2% players be rank 12 instead of the literal top 0.1% or something. So you still need to grind a lot to achieve that prestigious reward, but aren't locked into lifeless turbonerd mode and virtually playing against people in your own faction.

Maybe Blizzard will do that somewhere down the line, after too many players experience the system and are sick and tired of needing to grind constantly.

Smart min-maxer's will just do, what most did in vanilla. Get EZ R11 (mounts) or R12 (3 free epics) with the AV bonus weekends and just fill the rest of gear with raiding or class quests (hunters/priests).

You did not need the R14-weapon farm if you could get Lok or Anathema with even the most casual raiding groups.

If you choose the right class, the whole pvp rank system was just as easy to min-max as the current gearing with a single weekly M+10 chest.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

I agree they need to have a reward system based on skill and not time spent. But how are they going to do that without ruining the "authentic vanilla experience"?

Just let the no lifers pvper have their vanilla grind.

Selfish of you to take that away from them.

Are people really complaining they'll have to play a lot and put in a lot of hours to be in the top ranks of pvp?

You mean like the top ranked PvE guilds that put in insane hours to get world first in new raids?

Did people think classic was going to be easy or something? There's a reason most things from vanilla have been changed. Personally I remember quite enjoying pvp in vanilla but I only did it for fun, not for top ranks. Is that the point? So if you don't find doing it fun, don't do it. If people do find it fun, leave them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    In an MMO, not everything has to be achievable by everyone.
    Furthermore, I would say this is crucial to the health of an MMO. If you aren't awed and inspired, you're gonna get bored.

Only change I want to see is Blizzard monitoring people grinding towards Rank 14 and banning the fuckers that account share. Ban them for a month and strip them of all ranks.
    Im going to get very unpleasant depending on how motivated your stupidity ends up getting me, so... don't?
    SoundOfGuns trying to look intimidating.