Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    A lot of the vanilla stuff was embarrassingly awful. Since people asked to play classic I think they should get what they asked for. The full monty sort of speak. I think the people who have been crying for classic all these years deserve to get the real classic and nothing less.

I am already sad that the loot system will have the 2h grace window which in turn will remove a lot of the real classic experience from players.

- - - Updated - - -

That moment when you are in Darnassus with no HS and realize that you have to go to tanaris and you are lvl 35 with no fly paths. I mean yeah in 2004 that was "the RPG journey etc" but for the modern wow player I think thats the sudden and abrupt end to all those pretentious callings about "letting us have classic back".

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it was, I traded it over 10 times to friends and we controlled who gets it and who doesn't. Don't lie to people.
    haha oh yes! Spend your whole evening walking down to tanaris. Theres many, many weird stuff in classic that will surprise alot of people. It will be interesting to see how the community really reacts to it all. One thing is to discuss it, talk about it and dream about it. Its very different to actually play it and experience this every day.

Especially in a time were the battle for gamers time is bigger than ever.

Dont get me wrong - I'll play classic when it launches, but I wont no life it. I'll probably spend forever reaching max lvl, if ever. I still remember the bad stuff and im not really sure how I will react when faced with them in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cassyx View Post
    Hello!
    How do you like this idea? we leave the old pvp ranking system, etc. but we divide items between ranks, say, from 11 to 14, and the weapon will be available only for the 14th rank, if you got a weapon from pve, you will not need to try grind HWL and leave it to people who have free time / goal / honor and etc.
    No. This pvp system was what we had back then, it should be in classic now to. If they change this, its a short trip to LFD and much more. Bring on the wow classic world as it was back then, if not, they should not even bother releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Yep, heres the "No changes" brigade, who rather say the phrase no changes than use their critical thinking skills for literally 30 seconds to realize how awful this system is.

I look forward to vanilla servers 2.0 when they inevitably make no brainer changes. It happened to Everquests servers, its gonna happen here.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking "no changes" is a better stance than changing this hilariously awful system, is hilarious.

I swear "no changes" is the next "believe women". Its a catchy little saying that sounds good on its face, but upon inspection has fatal flaws. The small minded love their catchy little sayings.
    For years I have told people that Vanilla isn't all its made out to be. It had a lot of dumb and outright bad systems like the original honor system.
    But nope, people wanted Vanilla.
    Well then let them have Vanilla. The real Vanilla.

If they like it thats great, enjoy.
    If not, I'll be right here thinking "I told you so".
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-04-15 at 02:18 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

[QUOTE=Motorman;51075978]A lot of the vanilla stuff was embarrassingly awful. Since people asked to play classic I think they should get what they asked for. The full monty sort of speak. I think the people who have been crying for classic all these years deserve to get the real classic and nothing less.

I am already sad that the loot system will have the 2h grace window which in turn will remove a lot of the real classic experience from players.

- - - Updated - - -

That moment when you are in Darnassus with no HS and realize that you have to go to tanaris and you are lvl 35 with no fly paths. I mean yeah in 2004 that was "the RPG journey etc" but for the modern wow player I think thats the sudden and abrupt end to all those pretentious callings about "letting us have classic back".

- - - Updated - - -

I Really dont get this bad feeling of journey .. yes if you want to get some where you walk its RPG game this is what it was always supposed to be.
    Get there you get the flight path GG problem solved for the rest of the times you need to go there.

Role Playing Games are all about the world about dying while going somewhere or just exploring some areas EG-Whitcher/Elder Scrools ...
    If you want to play instant end game games then there are planty of non RPG games like LoL or Dota etc.

I am waiting for a good RPG experience, love the feeling of seeing someone that has sulf hammer and realizing how much time he spent on it and how lifless he is for having a rank 14 Weapon.

This is what missing from the MMORPG's this days the sense of getting an epic and it meant something, sense of killing Ragnaros and not killing rangnaros with 7 different difficulties doing the same dungeon on 19 levels..... either your guild can kill Onyxia or it cant ...
    Everyone on retail killed Jaina on LFR but still killed her so where is the achievement in that ? its just not RPG anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    that was only possible before battlegrounds were released

back then you were forced to solo or you would end up with less honor

battlegrounds will be in from the start from what i understand so there is no chance of any solo player
    They did not mention playing solo. But having to play almost 24/7 is exactly how it'll be.

The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    It's not a mistake, the goal is to have vanilla like it was, so if it's different THEN that's a huge mistake. Doing something you don't want is not a mistake, be cause what you want does not matter.

[QUOTE=PavelGolub;51076015]
    A lot of the vanilla stuff was embarrassingly awful. Since people asked to play classic I think they should get what they asked for. The full monty sort of speak. I think the people who have been crying for classic all these years deserve to get the real classic and nothing less.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I Really dont get this bad feeling of journey .. yes if you want to get some where you walk its RPG game this is what it was always supposed to be.
    Get there you get the flight path GG problem solved for the rest of the times you need to go there.

Role Playing Games are all about the world about dying while going somewhere or just exploring some areas EG-Whitcher/Elder Scrools ...
    If you want to play instant end game games then there are planty of non RPG games like LoL or Dota etc.

I am waiting for a good RPG experience, love the feeling of seeing someone that has sulf hammer and realizing how much time he spent on it and how lifless he is for having a rank 14 Weapon.

This is what missing from the MMORPG's this days the sense of getting an epic and it meant something, sense of killing Ragnaros and not killing rangnaros with 7 different difficulties doing the same dungeon on 19 levels..... either your guild can kill Onyxia or it cant ...
    Everyone on retail killed Jaina on LFR but still killed her so where is the achievement in that ? its just not RPG anymore
    I agree with you, but classic wow does not really fit the "go out in the world, explore and see what you find". The zones in the whole game is level based, meaning you cant go everywhere and play as lets say a lvl 26. There are certain zones for you to play in. If you travel to the wrong zones, you will just die without ever achiving anything. Or zones with mobs that are grey, giving you no XP. So if you are in Darnassus and must get to Tanaris, theres lots of zones you just gotta run through. Sure at lvl 60 you can go anywhere and do anything, but then again, low lvl zones and mobs wont be a challenge at all.

[QUOTE=crusadernero;51076053]
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post

I agree with you, but classic wow does not really fit the "go out in the world, explore and see what you find". The zones in the whole game is level based, meaning you cant go everywhere and play as lets say a lvl 26. There are certain zones for you to play in. If you travel to the wrong zones, you will just die without ever achiving anything. Or zones with mobs that are grey, giving you no XP. So if you are in Darnassus and must get to Tanaris, theres lots of zones you just gotta run through. Sure at lvl 60 you can go anywhere and do anything, but then again, low lvl zones and mobs wont be a challenge at all.
    Which is the essence of RPG game , you cant beat mobs lvl 50 when you are 20 and the zones doesn't scale.
    Either you are strong enough or not , want to do a 25 quest at lvl 20 find a group = RPG elements.

The traveling through dangerous zones is part of it too , be smarter with planing your lvling path if this is what you are so scared of this run from SW to Tanaris.
    People like instant gratification this days and that's why RPG elements disappear.

Runing through Wetlands at lvl 12 to get to dark shore is dangerous because of your choice instead of buying a portal from a mage.

Yes some zeons become grey because you are getting stronger and progressing so you can go back and do it alot easier for reputation or gold at level 60 and you get rewarded with money and rep instead of XP for "helping the struggling village".

Anyway we are basically saying the same thing.
    I dont care if its wow Classic or some other game that has it right the RPG elements and not some generic 25 levels kind of do the same crap with a mob with different skill to get X ilvl more.

Either you can slay the dragon and get your T2 helmet or go back to dungeons until you can. "ONE BOSS TO RULE THEM ALL"
    Last edited by PavelGolub; 2019-04-15 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    haha oh yes! Spend your whole evening walking down to tanaris.
    OFFTOPIC
    Or just take the boat to Menethil, then Boat to Theramore and take 10 minuites swimming/walking down the coast. . . Teldrassil to Tanaris is max 25 minutes journey even with no flying. . .

I get the point he was trying to make but he picked a terrible example.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't say this in a vindictive manner but Im tired of all the clueless smartasses out there who glorify a game they didnt play as the complete pinnacle of wow.
    As someone who sounds like they have been a part of a ranking group back in 2005/6; are you aware of how they have developed in the pirate server scene? The idea of a community effort to coordinate ranking so that there is minimal "wasted effort" involved for the rankers does sound great on paper, people working together etc. but because of hte effort and time investment involved, people are a lot more ... underhand (frankly) in how they go about ensuring this. And most of that has absolutely nothing to do with playing PvP, which would be pretty much "anything goes". But when it invovles heavy cross faction collusion and server blacklisting just because someone has a lot of free time and wants to PvP a lot with it. . . it goes beyond a community effort into something more toxic. I'd be interested to ehar your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

[QUOTE=PavelGolub;51076147]
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Which is the essence of RPG game , you cant beat mobs lvl 50 when you are 20 and the zones doesn't scale.
    Either you are strong enough or not , want to do a 25 quest at lvl 20 find a group = RPG elements.

The traveling through dangerous zones is part of it too , be smarter with planing your lvling path if this is what you are so scared of this run from SW to Tanaris.
    People like instant gratification this days and that's why RPG elements disappear.

Runing through Wetlands at lvl 12 to get to dark shore is dangerous because of your choice instead of buying a portal from a mage.

Yes some zeons become grey because you are getting stronger and progressing so you can go back and do it alot easier for reputation or gold at level 60 and you get rewarded with money and rep instead of XP for "helping the struggling village".

Anyway we are basically saying the same thing.
    I dont care if its wow Classic or some other game that has it right the RPG elements and not some generic 25 levels kind of do the same crap with a mob with different skill to get X ilvl more.

Either you can slay the dragon and get your T2 helmet or go back to dungeons until you can. "ONE BOSS TO RULE THEM ALL"
    As you said, I agree with you. People just forget alot of things regarding classic. This is one important aspect I think alot of people forget.

Personally cant wait for classic

No sugar free vanilla here! It comes along with all the fat boy/girl diabetes inducing goodness you loved to hate!

It rewards people who play 20 hours a day
    Aye lmao.

#Nochanges

10+ Year Old Account
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    People wanted it
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People wanted it
    Yeah people have been wanting Vanilla back because of the old pvp system for more than 10 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Yeah people have been wanting Vanilla back because of the old pvp system for more than 10 years now.

Well, why else would you demand vanilla back than to get.. well, vanilla?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why is it wrong to reward people that put a lot of time into something they like to do?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Why is it wrong to reward people that put a lot of time into something they like to do?
    No one claimed that really, or its more complex at very least. The issue here is the current R14 system doesn't reward skill or even "just" playing a lot, it promotes premades dodging other premades and farming quick free wins which is pathetic and not in the spirit of competition. It also has people breaking the ToS by account sharing. Lastly the effort vs reward varies enormously depending on what server you're on. It would be much better if they picked a really high honor number to get the highest level of RP rather than have it be based on reaching a top percentage of the player base. Let's say 300k-350k honor or something. You'd still need to farm 12+ hours a day but you wouldn't need to contend with mafia practices, account sharing and queue dodgers to reach your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Sure thing! And we all go back to private servers asap...
    Bye.

And if you don't think Blizzard is going to nuke Private Servers once classic drops I got bad news for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guy does not do thing and doesn't get cool reward. Insists that the reward shouldn't be there or that it should be changed in a way that he can get it.

Imagine if there were like a series of expansion based upon this very logic.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

This is what you nerds wanted, and now you're complaining. Get over yourselves and take the vanilla you have been crying for for years.

Well Blizzard know the original implementation of the PvP system was bad. Thats why it was changed before TBC came out.
    But if you really want Vanilla, this system was an important part of it and should not be replaced.