Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    No one claimed that really, or its more complex at very least. The issue here is the current R14 system doesn't reward skill or even "just" playing a lot, it promotes premades dodging other premades and farming quick free wins which is pathetic and not in the spirit of competition. It also has people breaking the ToS by account sharing. Lastly the effort vs reward varies enormously depending on what server you're on. It would be much better if they picked a really high honor number to get the highest level of RP rather than have it be based on reaching a top percentage of the player base. Let's say 300k-350k honor or something. You'd still need to farm 12+ hours a day but you wouldn't need to contend with mafia practices, account sharing and queue dodgers to reach your goals.
    I kinda feel I should make a seperate thread for this topic; the OP for this one is so pathetically whingey that people seem to enjoy swooping in to make wise comments such as "You think you do but you don't" etc. etc. and talking about the *actual* issues of the old PvP system seems to fly over most peoples heads "Hurr durr why not just put in the hours".

I'm unemployed because I've got enough money I don't have to work, and right now nothing has piqued my interest. If I want to no-life rank 14 I'm in a very good position to do so, and I do love playing old-school WoW. But because of the REALITY of what chasing rank 14 entails, beyond the mere time requirement or ability to play PVP battlegrounds 'properly' (for a given value of properly); I probably won't persue it. And that is a reason for changing the system, someone who has all the time and interest in achieving something in game should not find themselves running up against turd-tier game practices like you describe above (cross faction collusion, wintrading (or more accurately match throwing), blacklisting from PvE; and the more classical account sharing etc.), and that sort of thing isn't good for *anyone*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    1.12 is a far cry from vanilla
    honestly most you no changes people seem to want nost more than anything like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We wanted vanilla. And that's what we'll get. Not just the nice things about vanilla with all the things we found annoying cut out. No. Pure vanilla.

N O C H A N G E S
    "No changes" isn't happening, you cannot possibly expect me to believe that company would bring pure vanilla... Noo Not blizzard, activsion is part of it. You know it, they be like "what the fuck is this? No not enough change more stfu i want the money.. Fuck the customers whine ass bitch want/wish list"

Quote Originally Posted by Antility View Post
    as somebody who will never acquire a high PvP rank I completely agree with you!
    And there's nothing wrong with that, you can solo queue to rank 10 at an healthy rate and be competetive non the less with the blue pvp set. Believe me when I tell you that most r12-13 players are really bad in pvp anyway so you won't even notice the handicap gear wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, why else would you demand vanilla back than to get.. well, vanilla?
    I want vanilla with no changes. But it is unanimously agreed upon that the old pvp system is shit. If you can’t see the difference between “we want Vanilla” and “we want the old pvp system” then I don’t know what to tell you..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I want vanilla with no changes. But it is unanimously agreed upon that the old pvp system is shit. If you can’t see the difference between “we want Vanilla” and “we want the old pvp system” then I don’t know what to tell you..
    Sorry but the old PvP system was and IS part of the identity of vanilla.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry but the old PvP system was and IS part of the identity of vanilla.
    I agree. But no one wants Vanilla back because of the pvp system. You made it sound like they do. Which is idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I agree. But no one wants Vanilla back because of the pvp system. You made it sound like they do. Which is idiotic.
    I can't answer that everyone has the same belief of what they like.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I read this post as 'I really don't have the time or patience to farm High Warlord but I want the title anyway, then I'll complain why the title won't transfer to retail. '

The Vanilla rebuild is really, in my perspective, made for those who would enjoy playing WoW as it once was. Every feature in the game, old and new, is bound to have both enthusiasts and detractors. The thing about most of those features, though, is that you don’t necessarily have to participate.

This concern of others having far more time availability than you, and thus, more able of reaping the most rewards, is a part of nearly any gaming experience you can take part in. It’s something that’s been with us gamers for a very long time.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The old highwarlord grind system is incredibly dumb. It rewards people who play 20 hours a day, and/or account share. Its an objectively bad system. And a perfect example of one of the things they should of changed for these servers.

I know they are scared of opening pandoras box in regards to changes, but this one was a no brainer. Huge mistake.

Anyone have an argument why this system is not embarrassingly awful?
    you get vanilla with all its good and trash systems and like it. thats what you classic crazies wanted and thats what you get. hopefully it kills it quicker so classic can go away once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I'm all-aboard the #NoChanges train, but I actually agree that it's a mistake to implement the old Honor system without some changes. It's not healthy for the game or the players attempting the grind. I understand that authenticity is important... but the game could be MUCH better with a different honor system, one that rewards playtime and skill without requiring players to play 22 hours a day for months at a time, or setting up community rotations for players to "win" GM/HWL in a given week. It's a garbage system.

The old honor system only encourages PvP cartels, account sharing, and/or dangerously unhealthy playing habits.
    Which is exactly why it should stay. If someone wants to play 24 hours a day until they go to the hospital from exhaustion that is their business. Blizzard has no business creating mechanisms that limit honor/rep per day. That leads to time gating.

Good. If everyone could get rank14 it wouldn't be special anymore.