Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So we can just use the same headcanon for Rey, problem solved.
    Actually, it's Disney that put together an explanation for Luke skills thanks to the (canon) comic.

So we can just use the same headcanon for Rey, problem solved.
    i doubt it, they way the choreograph lightsaber battles these days make every jedi some swordmaster/bladedancer. it's pretty stupid honestly. You do better arguing she was force attuned to lightsaber battles. thats some bullshit plot writing for sure but it wouldn't be the first time in SW that it was done.

In case you are wonder to what i'm referring too, luke is an amazing pilot not because he's been flying that PoS suttle, but because of his attenuation with the force gave him godlike spatial awareness.
    Last edited by Saucexorzski; 2019-04-09 at 04:29 PM.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ooh, so your now saying men can't be c**ts now. That's very offensive you made that only exclusive to women!
    Why are you censoring it if there's nothing wrong with saying it? Is it that you know it isn't right? Afraid of pissing off the mods?
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Are people really thinking that Jedi training involve doing Jedi push-up and Jedi lift weighting ?

We have one extensive training scene in the OT, and it's very obviously giving Luke character lessons.

Everything you cry about that is ''mean and SJW'' the OT did far worse. (Notable female favoritism : the Solo cared way more for Tahiri, the girlfriend of their second son, that their first son. If you think Kylo Ren was badly handled, you would collapse in tears over Jacen. His twin sister Jaina is the best Jedi of the new order, a deadlier pilot than Vader, and she starts a new Imperial dynasty. Jacen is petty evil and torture prisoners after being tortured by tentacles torture devices).

Rey is very good with droids : a very common trait amongst Jedis, and even an encouraged one, since tinkering with droids involve patience and calm.

Rey is a good pilot without training : Force-gifted pilots precognition make them deadly in combat

Rey does X ''without training'' : repeatedly done throughout the EU. Corran Horn mind trick people by saying them ''get lost'' (they get lost). There are entire schools of Jedi users using the Force by casting what they think are spells or ''hunting techniques''. Leia, in the old canon, strangled Jabba with the Force.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-09 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Why are you censoring it if there's nothing wrong with saying it? Is it that you know it isn't right? Afraid of pissing off the mods?
    because swear words get you banned here, don't think its that hard to figure out the tight sensitive attitudes of mods here in regards to 'offensive words'.
    #boycottchina

because swear words get you banned here, don't think its that hard to figure out the tight sensitive attitudes of mods here in regards to 'offensive words'.
    No they fucking don't lol.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't one. Its just soft skinned, easily offended snowflakes like the op who get offended by anyone criticising the social justice pushing films like this, and so paints anyone who isn't on board with red paint.
    The irony in posts like this is off the charts.

This whole thread is about people like yourself being soft-skinned and easily-offended. Your complaint is projection, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    And she's the one who makes the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, not Han Solo. Man that movie was a horrible desecration of a beloved character.
    Let's recall that in the Star Wars universe, droids aren't people. They're equipment. L3-37 "made the Kessel Run" in the same sense that the Millenium Falcon itself did. That's how people treat droids, consistently, across the board, on all sides.

Not as slaves, as "people I can own and boss around". Those also exist. Droids aren't considered slaves. They're considered to be the equivalent of ambulatory toasters. Individuals might get attached to their particular favorite toaster, but it's still a toaster to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Swear words do not get you banned. That is fucktastically, dickshitingly wrong. The only reasons posts containing swearing would get banned is if A> you're flaming another user, or B> your post is trolling/hateful, and that has nothing to do with the swear, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's recall that in the Star Wars universe, droids aren't people. They're equipment. L3-37 "made the Kessel Run" in the same sense that the Millenium Falcon itself did. That's how people treat droids, consistently, across the board, on all sides.

Not as slaves, as "people I can own and boss around". Those also exist. Droids aren't considered slaves. They're considered to be the equivalent of ambulatory toasters. Individuals might get attached to their particular favorite toaster, but it's still a toaster to them.
    Oh its even worse, if the droids do start giving lip they generally are memory wiped. There were several droid rebellions, IG-88 was part a very interesting tale about a long reaching plot to turn all droids against non droids.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I thought the biggest problem with Solo is the way everything we knew about Han's past from the original trilogy - getting his name, meeting Chewy and Lando, getting the Millenium Falcon and completing the Kessel run - seemed to happen in a very short time frame.
    And was also different than some of the stuff that was previously established in old Star Wars canon (and a lot of that was considered pretty good too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh its even worse, if the droids do start giving lip they generally are memory wiped. There were several droid rebellions, IG-88 was part a very interesting tale about a long reaching plot to turn all droids against non droids.
    Right. I'm not defending the position. I think it's actually deeply disturbing. Enough so that I found it a bit galling when L3-37's push for droid rebellion was treated as essentially a joke, in Solo; she has a fucking valid point.

Star Wars is weirdly pro-slavery. Droid enslavement isn't questioned, by literally anyone; they don't even think about it. And enslavement of sentient biological species (framing it that way because fuck it, droids give every appearance of being sentient) is accepted as at worst a necessary and unavoidable natural outcome, even by the "good guys". Sure, the bad guys celebrate it, but even the good guys tolerate it and accept it.

Other than the poor casting for Han and Han's story being the least interesting angle, that particular treatment is probably the worst thing about Solo.

Did Brie say anything other than the comment about wanting more diversity in the press pool? Because watching that clip in full context I don't see a problem with what she said.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    What if I told you he's nothing more than a cool costume?

But that's fine, so is Boba Fett.
    What if I told you that Darth Maul was more than a cool costume AND survived the canon purge? (Being a big character in Clone Wars and an even more integral character during the first arch of Rebels).

Sadly, Boba did not survive, and his stories are now just part of legends.

YES. I know that when you analyze the story, Maul can be replaced with another character fairly effortlessly. Shush. The Rebels scene with him and Obiwan was great and you can't take that away from me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right. I'm not defending the position. I think it's actually deeply disturbing. Enough so that I found it a bit galling when L3-37's push for droid rebellion was treated as essentially a joke, in Solo; she has a fucking valid point.

Star Wars is weirdly pro-slavery. Droid enslavement isn't questioned, by literally anyone; they don't even think about it. And enslavement of sentient biological species (framing it that way because fuck it, droids give every appearance of being sentient) is accepted as at worst a necessary and unavoidable natural outcome, even by the "good guys". Sure, the bad guys celebrate it, but even the good guys tolerate it and accept it.

Other than the poor casting for Han and Han's story being the least interesting angle, that particular treatment is probably the worst thing about Solo.
    What I don't understand is the ''woke'' and ''smart'' people thinking the droid in Solo is ''female'' and HK-46 is ''male''

They are not Guri. They don't have a gender.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, changing topic slightly, my issue with these new films is the push for diversity takes away from the realism of the films. A good example I have is Overlord, which, while incorporating sci-fi elements, is ultimately based around the WW2 era. Everything except for the Nazi labs is in the spirit of the 1940s war era. In WW2, US forces were still segregated. In the movie, the "unit" (idk the official term) that we follow not only is almost equally integrated, but has a black commanding officer. Now this would be totally fine if it was a vietnam war movie or something, but it just didn't seem genuine. It was too hard a push for diversity I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    So, changing topic slightly, my issue with these new films is the push for diversity takes away from the realism of the films. A good example I have is Overlord, which, while incorporating sci-fi elements, is ultimately based around the WW2 era. Everything except for the Nazi labs is in the spirit of the 1940s war era. In WW2, US forces were still segregated. In the movie, the "unit" (idk the official term) that we follow not only is almost equally integrated, but has a black commanding officer. Now this would be totally fine if it was a vietnam war movie or something, but it just didn't seem genuine. It was too hard a push for diversity I think.
    I think a slight issue with ''realism'' is the whole ''Nazi zombie undead'' thingy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Weird. I don't remember huge media coverage of people vowing not to see Wonder Woman. And the squabble over Black Panther was people hilariously calling a movie with a very monochromatic cast diverse and idiots on both sides missing the point of the movie.
    Wonder Woman: The only thing I remember about that was the apprehensiveness of Gal Gadot being able to pull it off; I'll admit I was worried about a model portraying Diana Prince instead of someone more muscular. Then I saw the movie and Gal shut me right the hell up. She's all that was keeping the DCEU alive for me, and now it's still her just with a little bit of help from Mr. Mamoa, who also did insanely better than I expected him to as Arthur.

Black Panther: I remember the outrage, but it seemed to be focused heavily around the fans themselves. I remember seeing videos from fans on social media proclaiming that the movie wasn't for white people or other such stupidity, including promises of violence. I went to the theater and, naturally, no such idiocy. Though I will admit the meme about Black Panther being the first comicbook movie with a black lead next to a picture of Snipes as Blade with the caption "That's adorable" gave me a good chuckle. The jokes about the only 2 white dudes in the movie being hobbits were funny too. Though there was a criminal lack of M'baku in the movie. The MCUs new take on M'baku was, in my opinion, FAR better than their new version of Killmonger; but that's just my opinion.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Flying an aircraft and piloting a spaceship are completely different things. But you know, movies.
    Well, they are for us. In Star Wars, you've got ships that seem to be both aircraft and space vessels as a common thing. I forget if the T-16s were able to go out of orbit, but they do seem pretty similar.

Here's another example: at no point in the films does Luke learn saber vs. saber combat. As far as we've seen, before he fights Vader on Bespin he's only had one lesson of blast deflection against a droid and a bunch of calisthenics on Dagobah. Where would he even have gotten a sparring partner?
    There's a cut scene of Yoda training him with the lightsaber, but sadly it is, then, a cut scene and not in the film.

Hyper nerds have calculated that Luke trained with Yoda for 2 or 3 months based on what they could scratch together of the Falcon's capabilities and how long it would take to have flown from Hoth to Bespin without the hyper drive. While that's not stated in the film, eagle eyed fans have taken that along with Luke's clothing distress & changes on Dagobah to indicate there's definitely a reasonable passage of time.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A really America-centric stance, too. I've met people abroad who use the word as punctuation.
    I see you've visited Wales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    What I don't understand is the ''woke'' and ''smart'' people thinking the droid in Solo is ''female'' and HK-46 is ''male''

They are not Guri. They don't have a gender.
    With the right modifications and a willing robotics engineer, anythings possible. Who are you to stamp on their dreams?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I think a slight issue with ''realism'' is the whole ''Nazi zombie undead'' thingy.
    I think the issue is more with people mixing up the word realistic with the phrase "period accurate".

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I see you've visited Wales.

- - - Updated - - -

With the right modifications and a willing robotics engineer, anythings possible. Who are you to stamp on their dreams?!
    Well, that would be Guri, the anatomically correct sexbot that is also a killbot (hopefully, she does not mix both jobs). Her employer is a dude who eats fugu fish, conspire against Vader and oogoles on Princess Leia taking shower (he does not last his own book)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, because unlike Larson, I'm not pulling out the race card.

- - - Updated - - -

How about adding said feminist bot as now being cannon to the original movies as part of the falcon, meaning they made that thing as always being part of the lore. Nice way to taint the film's everyone loved.
    You are kind of a cunt though, and of all your posts I've read so far, seem to be pushing your narrative, whatever that is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.