Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I wonder why? /sarcasm
    I meant end game. Obviously, they didn't recast her for end game or take her out of the film.

Disney obviously does if she doesn't show up in End Game. "IF" is she doesn't up cause supposedly her name is in the credits but she may not be in the movie. I went to go see the movie for the same reason why everyone else did, because Marvel movies are linked and at the end of Infinity War, Captain Marvel was briefly shown. Brie Larson's comments aren't going to stop me from watching a Marvel movie, and I still think she should sit on a lemon and twist with her racist and sexist comments.
    She's already in the trailers for End Game. Were you ever seriously thinking she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel moving forwards?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The people who keep harassing these companies are randoms on the internet. Most the time they don't have much influence and can be disregarded.
    Did companies changed things bcs they bitched about not having gender neutral pronouns or "to much tis" and such things or not (hint. they did)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    no studio is forced to change any thing.
    Ah but her eis the crux with the whole thing: They do changed things bcs they bitched so...

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah but her eis the crux with the whole thing: They do changed things bcs they bitched so...
    Thats called feed back and devlopment, if they aren’t making changes it’s because they don’t care about your feedback or more likly your feed back sucks and isn’t worth heeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Thats called feed back and devlopment, if they aren’t making changes it’s because they don’t care about your feedback or more likly your feed back sucks and isn’t worth heeding.
    Wait a moment, wasn´t it you who said we just should ignore thes ekind of peopland now their "input" is "valuable"? Just bcs they say something you like?

Wait a moment, wasn´t it you who said we just should ignore thes ekind of peopland now their "input" is "valuable"? Just bcs they say something you like?
    I don’t find there input valuable and if I was a developer I Would ignore any of the raging sjw’s or anti sjw’s and make what I wanted to make.

If how ever a dev wants to make a change because they heard some ones opinion and they agree with it that’s called feedback and development. Only the devs working on the game movie ect, should determine if they value some ones feed back or not and if they act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    People are very desperate to confirm their own ideas, or ideas that further the narrative they support. It's kind of pathetic really.
    Can only take it as antidotal evidence. I don't work at a theater. Or know anyone that does When I bought tickets to rifftrax live. Most of the seats were sold. However the showing was only half full. Could be a reasonable explanation. However the cynical side of me anyways has doubts.

Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You think I haven't seen these opinions before?

There's a reason I CHOOSE this way of thinking, even though people (which I despise) would attempt to paint me as a racist for mere colorblindness.

The reason is that once you acknowledge race, gender, identity based grievances (instead of having a generic set of laws addressing everyone, and forbidding discrimination), you open up the dam for any group to have identity grievances. Like men. Like whites. I don't want that. I don't want to live in a world where there's a "price" on your skin color, and another for other dude's skin color. I simply refuse to judge anyone like that.

More unity, less tribalism. Identities should be erased, put in the past, not glorified and given value.

Oh: from one of those shitty articles.

"Multiculturalism is better than blindness"

Yeah, right, that is functioning PERFECTLY well.

Identity should be put in the past, treated like a form of insanity.
    Yeah shure let just all of us wear the same thing, think the same and say the same, even better have a clear catalog of words to say so that nobody can say something another person don´t know...

You know why in almost every dysotopia that´s the worst thing to happen?

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I think a slight issue with ''realism'' is the whole ''Nazi zombie undead'' thingy.
    The whole setting is in a WW2 era. Clothing, vehicles, weapons, buildings, accents, among other things are meant to be of the WW2 era. Except the casting. The Nazi labs bit is separate from establishing this setting, but it too also contains many elements that give it a 1940s vibe (ex. medical equipment used). None of the technologies used in the lab are necessarily fiction, just the results that come from them.

Yeah shure let just all of us wear the same thing, think the same and say the same, even better have a clear catalog of words to say so that nobody can say something another person don´t know...

You know why in almost every dysotopia that´s the worst thing to happen?
    Stop playing with my words. All of you who make this argument completely misunderstand what I mean. Is this some sort of anime that inspired you guys to feel like this? Need sources.

Just to clarify, my "identity erasing" means shedding race, and later on with technology, even gender. It doesn't mean hive mind. It respects INDIVIDUALS. It doesn't police thought. Race would be a long forgotten concept. Just like "I am proudly part of the Dan tribe and we don't get along that well with Judah".
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-10 at 05:28 AM.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why? The movie does nothing that hasn't been done in cinema for decades, CGI aside. Carol Danvers is the latest in a long line of female heroines in action movies, many of them featured prominently in vastly superior movies.
    Because the vast majority of people give no shits about innovation it just something we talk about.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The only film you can cite where this has been true is Captain Marvel. Why? Because Avengers comes out this month and people felt the need to see it to understand the plot. If it wasn't for that, the film would have completely tanked. I have a feeling that Marvel just poisoned there own well. They are going to kill off the universe the same way Disney did to Star Wars. Who cares though? DC seems to be getting itself together. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were fantastic and Joker looks lit. Changing of the guard is taking place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Zulkhan Friendlyimmolation and Mehrunes are known diehard Sylvanas fanboys. Like i said they project their hatred for Vareesa character on High Elves. Save yourself from wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    She's already in the trailers for End Game. Were you ever seriously thinking she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel moving forwards?
    I'm surprised cause I remember hearing they took her out. And yea, I thought she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel in End Game because of her bad PR. Remember the whole fiasco of the massive down votes on Rotten Tomatoes? They had to make changes on what people are allowed to rate a movie after what she said. Disney can't be happy about it. In the end Disney made bank but they'll want to do it again I'm sure, probably without her.

Clearly, it should've been Captain Mar'vel. Then the movie would've been fine, male lead and all. Shit! They changed his character to a woman too! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I'm surprised cause I remember hearing they took her out.
    They never did...?

And yea, I thought she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel in End Game because of her bad PR. Remember the whole fiasco of the massive down votes on Rotten Tomatoes? They had to make changes on what people are allowed to rate a movie after what she said. Disney can't be happy about it. In the end Disney made bank but they'll want to do it again I'm sure, probably without her.
    At the end of the day Disney made bank.

Obviously they don't care. No one else cares.

I'm glad this thread could enlighten you; the "pushback" you thought was some major, grandiose thing that Disney cared about is really... just impotent nothingness. It had no effect on the performance of Captain Marvel or any of the other films I noted.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

At the end of the day Disney made bank.

Obviously they don't care. No one else cares.
    Did nobody in this thread yet point out to you that the right question is not whether Disney made bank, but whether they made the same bank as they would have made without SJW incidents which detracted some people from watching their movies? Not that I am saying they made significantly less, because -- (a) I don't know, never tried to quantify it, and, more importantly, (b) I didn't see any big campaigns against the movies, I did find the SJW things somewhat off-putting and I saw other people feeling the same, but I never saw any real movements against the movies, no big campaigns, nothing organized -- but that's the question you should be asking, isn't it? Just whether a particular movie "made the bank", as in, was a commercial success (whether it was or wasn't) is a wrong question.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Did nobody in this thread yet point out to you that the right question is not whether Disney made bank, but whether they made the same bank as they would have made without SJW incidents which detracted some people from watching their movies? Not that I am saying they made significantly less, because -- (a) I don't know, never tried to quantify it, and, more importantly, (b) I didn't see any big campaigns against the movies, I did find the SJW things somewhat off-putting and I saw other people feeling the same, but I never saw any real movements against the movies, no big campaigns, nothing organized -- but that's the question you should be asking, isn't it? Just whether a particular movie "made the bank", as in, was a commercial success (whether it was or wasn't) is a wrong question.
    Any film making a billion dollars is considered a success; the film was demonstrably "a success" despite the opposition.

Those are the only facts we have to go on. Conjecture about whether it would have made "even more money" without Larson's comments or any of the other surrounding nonsense are just that; conjecture.

And seeing as a billion dollars is quite the sum of money to make and places it in the top echelons of Marvel film grosses, it obviously did not affect it particularly much.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Ewww. Why give views to an idiot like Cult of Dusty.

Any film making a billion dollars is considered a success; the film was demonstrably "a success" despite the opposition.

Those are the only facts we have to go on. Conjecture about whether it would have made "even more money" without Larson's comments or any of the other surrounding nonsense are just that; conjecture.

And seeing as a billion dollars is quite the sum of money to make and places it in the top echelons of Marvel film grosses, it obviously did not affect it particularly much.
    This is nonsense.

Whether or not a movie is a success is determined by how much money you spent doing it, how much money you spent advertising it, how much money you give to whoever is showing it, etc. There's no magic number like "a billion" above which everything is a success.

Whether or not the negative reaction to the SJW themes in the movie was big is important. As I said, I don't know if it was big and I don't know if it was even big enough to be noticeable, but whether or not it was big is important. If Brie's statement cost the movie she was on $100 million, that's important and if the makers of the movie could measure that reliably and the number was big like that, Brie would have been rightfully slapped.

The "obviously" in the last phrase of yours has no business being there. No, if a movie made "quite the sum of money", whatever that is, it does not mean that it could not have made more without the negativity coming from pushing SJW too hard. And yes, everyone (makers of the movie) cares about that, contrary to what you said earlier.

I am sorry, but you are demonstrating a complete lack of ability to just, basically, think. Your post is just nonsense.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-10 at 07:59 AM.

The Patient
    Don't know, but The Last Jedi obviously killed Solo and my expectations for Episode 9. Already decided with some friends that we are just gonna pirate it someday when we are bored and have nothing to see (we usually gather at my place or a friends every Saturday to watch a movie and drink beers). Having said that, The Last Jedi wasnt bad because it was SJW (which it clearly was, 100%) but because the whole trilogy have nothing of importance. The directors and writers have failed miserably to make the new cast be even a little bit interesting and their "plot" is a joke, to say the least. Also, Ghostbusters was a fuckin bad joke to the fans of the franchise. I honestly believe they forgot they have to write movies and they decided they want to make "political advertisements" Also, if you have any connection to a toys store, you might learn that most toys of the new movies dont sell.
    PS. I wouldn't be surprised if Episode 9 got 100m less than Episode 8 or something like that.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!