Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Do you feel like pointing out murders are down another 20% this year compared to last year, and 40% from 2 years ago or you just feel like shitting on Chicago for one bad weekend?
    A polished turd is still just a turd.

Every illegal gun was legal at some point.

I imagine these become illegal after your friendly neighbourhood straw purchaser illegally distributed his legally obtained firearms. Thanks Gary, Indiana!

The town probably just need more guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    A polished turd is still just a turd.
    Ok, so why is this newsworthy then if it's expected? You'd think people would be happy when a major city can reduce its murder rate by 40% in 2 years, but guess not if it's Chicago.

It’s almost like poor and undereducated minorities have a propensity to become involved in gangs which have historically had lax moral standards concerning the sanctity of human life.

The solution to reducing crime is money and education.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Why doesn't the US kill their gangs?

Ok, so why is this newsworthy then if it's expected? You'd think people would be happy when a major city can reduce its murder rate by 40% in 2 years, but guess not if it's Chicago.
    Not when it's still as high as it is. Considering the media normally ignores Chicago murder rates, which are almost always among the highest in the nation, I'm actually surprised this even made the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Because genocide is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the murders are happening in predominately black areas, I'm quite sure black Americans are coming from Mexico....
    Without needing to source this from multiple outlets...

The drug wars/gang wars in Chicago are due to heroin and conflicts between Hispanic gangs (I mean foreign nationals with local membership as well.) and black gangs.

Chicago is the hub of heroin distribution for Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Detroit, St. Louis and the majority of the Midwest. At stake is tens of billions of dollars in annual revenue and accompanying power. The life of a street level gang banger is worth nothing to the criminal hierarchy when that amount of money is involved.

Opium poppies aren’t being grown in basements, there are no heroin labs warehouses and fentanyl isn’t being purchased at Rite Aid or your local vet supply. All of this is coming from the southern border being a sieve.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think something really needs to be done about these gangs.
    Seriously now, dont you know by now its not the gangs... its all those evil guns running around shooting folks and stuff.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago's gun laws were ruled unconstitutional about 5 years ago, just before the murder rate spiked significantly (I'm sure they're not related).
    It was about 9 years ago ( 2010 ). And as noted, the death rate from firearms there have been on a decline recently. The law Chicago had which was ruled unconstitutional was the one against registration of handguns. People committing crimes in the city with handguns are by far, not using handguns legally in the city. Chicago has no open carry or conceal carry without a license of firearms.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, that is a brilliant question. One that neither side is willing to answer, One side wants to keep the gangs in place because it scares the public into surrendering their rights in an attempt to gain safety, and the other side needs the gangs in place to bludgeon the other side with.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So 20% reduction per year for the last 2 years isn't significant to you? Where's your post about Indianapolis having 6 murders in one day this weekend?
    this story was on the front page of BBC, Indy wasn't, there is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Without needing to source this from multiple outlets...

The drug wars/gang wars in Chicago are due to heroin and conflicts between Hispanic gangs (I mean foreign nationals with local membership as well.) and black gangs.

Chicago is the hub of heroin distribution for Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Detroit, St. Louis and the majority of the Midwest. At stake is tens of billions of dollars in annual revenue and accompanying power. The life of a street level gang banger is worth nothing to the criminal hierarchy when that amount of money is involved.

Opium poppies aren’t being grown in basements, there are no heroin labs warehouses and fentanyl isn’t being purchased at Rite Aid or your local vet supply. All of this is coming from the southern border being a sieve.
    A vast majority of illegal drugs enter the US through legal crossings and a lot of it come to the closest airport.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/2591279002/

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    This is nothing compared to the dangers of White ISIS!!!!
    I mean if you want to go off numbers the “white isis” as you put it killed more people with one shooting then in all of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't shock me at all when Detroit's population was high it was bad when it came down shootings and killings in a day's span. I'm glad gangs are damn near non existence now here. Most of the killings here is non gang related now. Its gonna take the law and the community to come down hard on the gangs like they did here in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean if you want to go off numbers the “white isis” as you put it killed more people with one shooting then in all of these.
    Exactly, this is such a minor and unimportant problem, lets focus on white ISIS!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Because it will not solve the problem. There are 50m more poor people with no hope for the future to recruit from. This sort of problems stem from a feeling of social alienation and it is only by addressing that or removing the means of making a fortune while at it that we can make any sort of a difference.

Let pharmacies sell the drugs and use the profits for schooling and social improvements.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Exactly, this is such a minor and unimportant problem, lets focus on white ISIS!
    I think it would be more sensical to look at both problems and try and deal with both.

There is a romantic view of gangs in some cultures.

A lot of it is about respect. Young people see the respect that gang members get and they want some of that.

The same cultures frown upon education for some reason.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because you can't tell who is in a gang anymore. Not every gang member wear colors/marks/flags.