Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Crucible of Storms Introductory Quest Chain Live, Hotfixes, Rise of Shadows Live

Crucible of Storms Introductory Quest Chain Live
    The quest chain that leads up to the Crucible of Storms raid is now live! The quest involves Xal'atath and servers as a lead up to the opening of the new raid next week! THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!

• The quest starts at any Naga Attack! world quest. Killing naga at the world quest will award the Azsharan Medallion which starts the quest The Azsharan Medallion.
    • Once you take the medallion to Collector Kojo, he will have you pick up Xal'atath and take her to an altar on top of the island North of Seeker's Vista.
    • Once placed on the Altar, her voice will speak from the blade and ask that you feed her souls of the nearby naga.
    • After charging the blade, she begins to speak to you, telling you that the naga are intending to summon a storm to wipe the world clean of nonbelievers. She realizes it may be disconcerting to converse with a weapon, but says she wants to help you. If you are a priest, the conversation plays out differently, otherwise she will mention her time with a priest of Azeroth before having you retrieve a void stone in Drustvar.
    • After stopping a ritual for the void stone, you unleash Xal'atath from the blade and give her a mortal form (a female void elf). She compliments you and then sends you to the outdoor world Freehold to retrieve the Trident of Deep Ocean from a pirate chest (after killing the pirate for the key).
    • Xal'atath suggests fate brought you two together, and then has you retrieve the Tempest Crown from the giant crab Toatana in a cave in northern Vol'dun.
    • She then has you bring the relics and meet her at the Precipice of Oblivion near the Shrine of the Storm in Stormsong Valley.
    • Once inside the Crucible of Storms, you place the relics and awaken the sleeping eye of N'zoth! Xal'atath says that she has brought him the key to open the way, and then takes her leave while saying all worlds are now open to her. She says you will meet again.
    • N'zoth then speaks to you, eventually bestowing his "gift" upon you.
    • You now have a permanent buff called "Gift of N'zoth" that grants you an eye on your forehead. For as long as you have the buff you can see the eye of others who also possess the buff. In speaking to Brother Pike, he says that he does not wish you to become an eye for N'zoth and asks you to meet him at the Crucible of Storms to cleanse the gift.
    • Upon arriving, you are given the permanent choice on whether or not to remove the buff. We don't yet know the consequences of either decision, but cleansing it gives you the Twitching Eyeball toy.

Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes - April 9th, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids and Dungeons
    • Lady Jaina Proudmoore
      • Howling Winds duration increased to 10 minutes (was 2 minutes) on all difficulties.
      • Gathering Blizzard's progress is now reset at the start of the second intermission on Mythic difficulty.
      • Ice Block health lowered by 25% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Shattering Lance charge up time increased to 9 seconds (was 8 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
      • Jaina will now always teleport to a predictable location during the first intermission on Mythic difficulty.

Hearthstone Expansion - Rise of Shadows Now Live
    Hearthstone launched its latest expansion today! Check out Hearthpwn for their coverage!

Last edited by Stoy; 2019-04-10 at 02:03 AM.

Ride the story rails!! Whoohooo!!!

Not sure I even want to take Xal'atath to an altar....

Yes... my master will soon be free.

Finally something that seems interesting!

Will you guys remove the eye or what?

Seems kind of odd that it is possible for a Lightforged Draenai paladin to do this quest... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Malum View Post
    Yes... my master will soon be free.
    And then we shall kill him! Calamari for all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Seems kind of odd that it is possible for a Lightforged Draenai paladin to do this quest... lol
    Not really - Paladins and Priests and just we connected to the light. Just because something has a strong connection with the light it doesn’t mean they can’t interact with anything Void.

So I posted this on Wowhead about the toy:

"So if you cleanse the gift you receive a toy you can use to reapply the gift?

Why wouldn't you cleanse it if the toy does the same thing?"

Anyone know? I hate these tough decisions!

Doesn't seem to be live on EU yet.

Apparently, without cleansing it, you can see it on the heads of other players who didn't cleanse it as well, whereas with the toy you don't see it on the people who didn't cleanse it. Kinda a sign of a secret club of Old God worshipers.

Just as the saurfang decision quest gave you something. These quests seem to be leaned towards the option that shows you more "content" anyway, punishing you somehow if you are not doing it. You're pretty safe getting the Toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    or any paladin too if void and light can't touch

Anyone finished this on Horde yet? I can't find Nailok anywhere for the last part...

Edit: Nvm found him, underneath on the east side.
    Last edited by harkonnen; 2019-04-10 at 05:03 AM.

How many naga do you need to kill to get the medallion? Been killing for 20 minutes so far and still nothing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they managed to fuck this up in EU, medallion isn't dropping for anyone in my guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not really - Paladins and Priests and just we connected to the light. Just because something has a strong connection with the light it doesn’t mean they can’t interact with anything Void.
    Sure it doesn't mean you cant interact, but it means that said paladin will feel enorm pain.

Light and void dont work very harmonically together.

For priests tho, its different, as they arent walking vessels of light like palas are.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Looks like they managed to fuck this up in EU, medallion isn't dropping for anyone in my guild.
    No drops on EU side too

Yeah, it's bugged on EU. Killed nagas for 30 min and no drop.

Nice 15min content Blizzard.

if someone wants to keep N'zoth's buff, can we cleanse it at anytime later on?

My void elf who likes voidy things might want to keep it for a while, but not for all the expansion

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now also drops in EU.