Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Either way religion seems immaterial whatever magic you think it give is not showing up in the facts. It's a fact that Asian societies overworking themselves to the point that they have a term for dying from it is more a factor than them choosing the wrong fictional book to believe in.
    This has been true forever... as in Asian societies have always had this "overworking"... but it is becoming a problem now...

    As for "magic" no, its not magic, it is the root of the world religion that sustains people if they actually know what their religion is trying to teach.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    With great freedom should come great responsibility... instead we have people pursuing their every whim. So the "correction" is adopting meaning, responsability, and some moderation... or you can take the work that's already been done and look at the wisdom that has been collected by our ancestors...

    Pursue the Virtues as best you can. Wisdom, Courage, Justice, and Temperance.
    What the fuck does any of that mean? You just sound pretentious, yet still are not defining what you think should be done.

  3. #223
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    What the fuck does any of that mean? You just sound pretentious, yet still are not defining what you think should be done.
    I am not going to tell people what they should do, there are enough people doing that already. I said what you could do, what has been done and worked for thousands of years... so you can either use and modernize that, or figure it out yourself, or live in a declining culture and as George Carlin put it, enjoy the front row seat of the freak show as we swirl down the drain.
    Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 01:27 PM.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  4. #224
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    21,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not going to tell people what they should do, there are enough people doing that already. I said what you could do, what has been done and worked for thousands of years... so you can either use and modernize that, or figure it out yourself, or live in a declining culture and as George Carlin put it, enjoy the front row of the freak show as we swirl down the drain.
    Lol! Good one. He was so funny.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This has been true forever... as in Asian societies have always had this "overworking"... but it is becoming a problem now...

    As for "magic" no, its not magic, it is the root of the world religion that sustains people if they actually know what their religion is trying to teach.
    Their suicide issue has also been going on forever so they are directly linked together.

    I am not going into a religious discussion with you my point still stands whatever religion is selling it's not stopping people from killing themselves. You can feel free to square that circle however you want since logic has no place in religion.

  6. #226
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,227
    Man, it's almost like not being a parent (not spending time with your kids, not teaching them how to handle stress, not teaching them discipline, etc) has some massive repercussions.
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.

  7. #227
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Their suicide issue has also been going on forever so they are directly linked together.

    I am not going into a religious discussion with you my point still stands whatever religion is selling it's not stopping people from killing themselves. You can feel free square that circle however you want since logic has no place in religion.
    Logic is a tool, not a saviour.

    And no, suicide was not as big as it is now, not even in Japan. The monkhood, tantric yoga, prayer, etc, all teach ways to sublimate pain:

    Mindfulness Meditation Reduces Pain, Bypasses Opioid Receptors
    https://nccih.nih.gov/research/blog/...editation-pain

    Chronic Pain: Treat it With Mindfulness Meditation, Not Opioids
    https://health.usnews.com/health-car...on-not-opioids
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Their suicide issue has also been going on forever so they are directly linked together.

    I am not going into a religious discussion with you my point still stands whatever religion is selling it's not stopping people from killing themselves. You can feel free to square that circle however you want since logic has no place in religion.
    Its kinda of annoying because there is a point in what he is trying to say. Religion provides spiritual meaning and community which are good no question. But surely there can be other reasons people commit suicide right? But noo, its because they arent believing hard enough.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Its kinda of annoying because there is a point in what he is trying to say. Religion provides spiritual meaning and community which are good no question. But surely there can be other reasons people commit suicide right? But noo, its because they arent believing hard enough.
    I agree with you on the community and spirituality but sadly it's not showing in the data so obviously it ain't working.

  10. #230
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Its kinda of annoying because there is a point in what he is trying to say. Religion provides spiritual meaning and community which are good no question. But surely there can be other reasons people commit suicide right? But noo, its because they arent believing hard enough.
    Belief alone is not enough. There has to be understanding, and experiencing what the religion is teaching. There are a bunch of "Jeeesus Freaks" out there, that are "True Believers" and are least like Jesus you can get.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Logic is a tool, not a saviour.

    And no, suicide was not as big as it is now, not even in Japan. The monkhood, tantric yoga, prayer, etc, all teach ways to sublimate pain:

    Mindfulness Meditation Reduces Pain, Bypasses Opioid Receptors
    https://nccih.nih.gov/research/blog/...editation-pain

    Chronic Pain: Treat it With Mindfulness Meditation, Not Opioids
    https://health.usnews.com/health-car...on-not-opioids
    Suicide and low birth rates has haunted Japan for decades not sure what you are smoking and i do meditate thank you.

  12. #232
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Suicide and low birth rates has haunted Japan for decades not sure what you are smoking and i do meditate thank you.
    Japan was been bombed (both literally and figuratively), their culture pretty much destroyed... I was in Kyoto last year, they are a nation that has been westernized, and the rare few that still stick to their traditions (mostly in Kyoto) seem to be doing ok.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Japan was been bombed (both literally and figuratively), their culture pretty much destroyed... I was in Kyoto last year, they are a nation that has been westernized, and the rare few that still stick to their traditions (mostly in Kyoto) seem to be doing ok.
    Relying on tradition is what is killing the Japanese from their views of out of wedlock children, single mothers and what is expected of marriage. There is too much pressure because of tradition from schools to adulthood, their hard stance on mixed marriages and immigration also adds to the problem.

  14. #234
    Uplifting news!

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not going to tell people what they should do, there are enough people doing that already. I said what you could do, what has been done and worked for thousands of years... so you can either use and modernize that, or figure it out yourself, or live in a declining culture and as George Carlin put it, enjoy the front row seat of the freak show as we swirl down the drain.
    The problem is, you think so highly of yourself and your intelligence, that you truly believe you're making sense. No one else here has any clue what your point is - because you're not saying it. Using a dictionary to find words to use doesn't make your point.

    So again I ask, what do YOU think should be done about it? Give a solid straight forward answer, and stop trying to portray yourself as the next Aristotle.

  16. #236
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Relying on tradition is what is killing the Japanese from their views of out of wedlock children, single mothers and what is expected of marriage. There is too much pressure because of tradition from schools to adulthood, their hard stance on mixed marriages and immigration also adds to the problem.
    When you mix the western view and try to live it out with a different culture, yeah, you get issues. But we live in a totally western culture... our Herbivore men are Incels... I would not call that an improvement.
    Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 01:43 PM.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Caused by living your life behind a screen.
    Or no more energy because you work your ass off and dont have the time to think about family... And when the work stop, you dont know what to do anymore.

  18. #238
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    The problem is, you think so highly of yourself and your intelligence, that you truly believe you're making sense. No one else here has any clue what your point is - because you're not saying it. Using a dictionary to find words to use doesn't make your point.

    So again I ask, what do YOU think should be done about it? Give a solid straight forward answer, and stop trying to portray yourself as the next Aristotle.

    I do not think I am that intelligent, and I am purposely speaking cryptically due to religion being a banned topic here. I am not using a dictionary... but I am flattered you think I am.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    When you mix the western view and try to live it out with a different culture, yeah, you get issues. But we live in a totally western culture... our Herbivore men are Incels... I would not call that an improvement.
    Our birth rate is still way above theirs so incels are not that much of an issue.

  20. #240
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Our birth rate is still way above theirs so incels are not that much of an issue.
    Wait...

    THE U.S. BIRTH RATE IS STILL FALLING
    https://psmag.com/news/the-us-birth-...-still-falling

    U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...o-a-record-low

    Birth rate is falling across the Western world. Incels are, however, only growing...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •