Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #261
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    They have the power to stay home and make babies in these communities they aren't even allowed to leave their husbands without being kicked out of their community. I am not sure if you realize how you are so not helping your point.
    With this view of women, I can totally get why birth rate is dropping in the west... lol.

    Men also have rules they must follow and if they break they get kicked out... being a good provider, for one.

    But if they hate it, they can leave... most stay because they see the alternative as worse. A lot of Amish kids get to see the modern world, and decide its horrible and come back... a few don't, but still seem to dislike what the world looks like outside their communities...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    With this view of women, I can totally get why birth rate is dropping in the west... lol.

    Men also have rules they must follow and if they break they get kicked out... being a good provider, for one.

    But if they hate it, they can leave... most stay because they see the alternative as worse. A lot of Amish kids get to see the modern world, and decide its horrible and come back... a few don't, but still seem to dislike what the world looks like outside their communities...
    We are going to have to agree to disagree I am having way too much whiplash of talking to my parents. Women should have the freedom to leave a guy without fearing of losing everything, you seem pretty happy with the cult mentality some of us are not.

  3. #263
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah I mean in thousands of years of Buddhism there are about 3 cases where it's been seen as a path to further enlightenment. The statement "Suicide is not seen as much of a sin" is false when regarding Buddhism. Despite it being non-Abrahamic.

    (More's the pity but there you go).
    In the Abrahamic faiths only suicide via martyrdom is acceptable (As in dying for ones faith under duress) In Buddhism, going by the Suttas, the mindset itself is the thing that matters, though the karmic law still applies due to harming the animal the mind/consciousness is in control of. But it is offset by the intention/state of mind at the time of doing so.

    It is the same reason why the Dalai Lama does not really say much about the Monks that have set themselves on fire to protest China's occupation.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Hard to prove the growth of a mostly underground "society". But going by forum subs, reddit sub numbers, etc, it seems to be growing.

    That we are seeing Incel attacks more and more on the news is another indication. But I could be wrong, lets wait and see, if it gets worse I, and these studies were on to something, if it gets better we were wrong.

    Though some are trying it seems:

    Male Sexlessness is Rising But Not for the Reasons Incels Claim
    https://ifstudies.org/blog/male-sexl...s-incels-claim




    This chart I found interesting:

    Using data from the General Social Survey (GSS)
    We already discussed this. 26~33 people responding no on a question about sex doesnt say much. Even the atlantic article you linked me earlier very clearly states that it shouldnt be used about making such confident statements.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

  5. #265
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We are going to have to agree to disagree I am having way too much whiplash of talking to my parents. Women should have the freedom to leave a guy without fearing of losing everything, you seem pretty happy with the cult mentality some of us are not.
    Do you take into account the children's and husband's wellbeing, or only the womans? And vice versa...

    Divorce is justified in some cases... and not in others... But this is only about "women's rights" (which are no more or less important than mens, or the children's rights) for you... so go ahead do as you do and see what happens to society *shrug*.

    As for your rebelling against your parents, I'm sorry... Religious people tend to be the reason most are not religious anymore...
    Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 02:56 PM.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It is the same reason why the Dalai Lama does not really say much about the Monks that have set themselves on fire to protest China's occupation.
    It's all good man, I didn't mean to interrupt the discussion too much, you just made a pretty strong implication that suicide was seen as acceptable in Buddhism when it very much isn't. I hadn't even realised we were pages on from then when I responded, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  7. #267
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    We already discussed this. 26~33 people responding no on a question about sex doesnt say much. Even the atlantic article you linked me earlier very clearly states that it shouldnt be used about making such confident statements.
    Like I said, lets wait and see... The studies and I could be wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It's all good man, I didn't mean to interrupt the discussion too much, you just made a pretty strong implication that suicide was seen as acceptable in Buddhism when it very much isn't. I hadn't even realised we were pages on from then when I responded, my bad.
    I said it matters on the mindset, and that's in the Suttas themselves... ie, the "bible" of the Buddhists... and I tend to agree with them on that.

    Suicide is a personal choice... but the why matters.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Do you take into account the children's and husbands wellbeing, or only the womans? ANd vice versa...

    Divorce is justified in some cases... and not in others... But this is only about "women's rights" (which are no more or less important than mens, or the children's rights) for you... so go ahead do as you do and see what happens to society *shrug*.

    As for your rebelling against your parents, I'm sorry... Religious people tend to be the reason most are not religious anymore...
    I am sorry for the radical thinking that men and women should be treated as people with the freedom to choose however they wish.
    I am sorry I don't endorse forcing people to stay in unhappy relationships for the sake of producing babies.
    I am also very sorry that your high horse has cut off the oxygen to your brain and you can't see how flawed your thinking is.

  9. #269
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am sorry for the radical thinking that men and women should be treated as people with the freedom to choose however they wish.
    I am sorry I don't endorse forcing people to stay in unhappy relationships for the sake of producing babies.
    I am also very sorry that your high horse has cut off the oxygen to your brain and you can't see how flawed your thinking is.
    I am sorry you bought into a narrative that sees responsibility as oppression.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am sorry you bought into a narrative that sees responsibility as oppression.
    The keyword here is choice no one should be forced into anything in the name of "responsibility", you are championing thinking from the middle ages for the role of women as the solution. Do you want to bring back slavery while you are it too?

  11. #271
    Country Crude Suicide Rate Rank
    Lithuania 31.9 suicides per 100k 1
    Russia 31 suicides per 100k 2
    Guyana 29.2 suicides per 100k 3
    South Korea 26.9 suicides per 100k 4
    Belarus 26.2 suicides per 100k 5
    Suriname 22.8 suicides per 100k 6
    Kazakhstan 22.5 suicides per 100k 7
    Ukraine 22.4 suicides per 100k 8
    Latvia 21.2 suicides per 100k 10
    Lesotho 21.2 suicides per 100k 9
    Belgium 20.7 suicides per 100k 11
    Hungary 19.1 suicides per 100k 12
    Slovenia 18.6 suicides per 100k 13
    Japan 18.5 suicides per 100k 14
    Uruguay 18.4 suicides per 100k 15
    Estonia 17.8 suicides per 100k 16
    France 17.7 suicides per 100k 17
    Switzerland 17.2 suicides per 100k 18
    Croatia 16.5 suicides per 100k 19
    Equatorial Guinea 16.4 suicides per 100k 20
    India 16.3 suicides per 100k 21
    Poland 16.2 suicides per 100k 22
    Moldova 15.9 suicides per 100k 24
    Finland 15.9 suicides per 100k 23
    Serbia 15.6 suicides per 100k 26
    Austria 15.6 suicides per 100k 25
    United States 15.3 suicides per 100k 27
    Sweden 14.8 suicides per 100k 28
    Sri Lanka 14.6 suicides per 100k 29
    Thailand 14.4 suicides per 100k 31
    Kiribati 14.4 suicides per 100k 30
    Portugal 14 suicides per 100k 33
    Iceland 14 suicides per 100k 32
    Cuba 13.9 suicides per 100k 34
    El Salvador 13.7 suicides per 100k 35
    Trinidad And Tobago 13.6 suicides per 100k 37
    Germany 13.6 suicides per 100k 36
    Luxembourg 13.5 suicides per 100k 38
    Australia 13.2 suicides per 100k 39
    Mongolia 13 suicides per 100k 40
    Slovakia 12.8 suicides per 100k 42
    Denmark 12.8 suicides per 100k 41
    Netherlands 12.6 suicides per 100k 43
    Canada 12.5 suicides per 100k 44
    Norway 12.2 suicides per 100k 48

    http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...te-by-country/



    What do all these countries have in common?
    .

    "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

    -- Capt. Copeland

  12. #272
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The keyword here is choice no one should be forced into anything in the name of "responsibility", you are championing thinking from the middle ages for the role of women as the solution. Do you want to bring back slavery while you are it too?
    With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

    People make choices, some choose to kill themselves, some choose to live on meth, alcohol, or use sex as a means to find fleeting connection and meaning.

    As I said, current trend in the west with the freedom we have been given, is opioid abuse, suicide, and generally a decline.

    The communities that do not have that, tend to be ones that still take on, willingly, responsability, even though they may not want to, or it sucks, or is hard...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

    People make choices, some choose to kill themselves, some choose to live on meth, alcohol, or use sex as a means to find fleeting connection and meaning.

    As I said, current trend in the west with the freedom we have been given, is opioid abuse, suicide, and generally a decline.

    The communities that do not have that, tend to be ones that still take on, willingly, responsability, even though they may not want to, or it sucks, or is hard...
    What freedom? your choice is to stay at home and make babies and stay at home and make babies, your solution is to take away choice from women and forced them to stay married even if their husbands are abusive or cheating.

    You are immune to evidence plenty of these religious societies have rampant suicide rates but your logic is they didn't believe hard enough

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The main issue is poverty, and 50% of the country lives in it.

    But MSM will have you believe things like immigration and "moral decay" are the reasons why America is in the shitter.
    I'd bet social media is the biggest factor and 50% of American's aren't in poverty. Where are you getting your facts from? It's around 13% lol.

  15. #275
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What freedom? your choice is to stay at home and make babies and stay at home and make babies, your solution is to take away choice from women and forced them to stay married even if their husbands are abusive or cheating.
    That is your caricature of motherhood... not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You are immune to evidence plenty of these religious societies have rampant suicide rates but your logic is they didn't believe hard enough
    Look up communities with highest amount of religious uniformity and they have the least suicide rates... a good example are the Amish, and Orthodox Jews themselves.

    Suicide rates among Jewish teens drop as religious devotion grows, study finds
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.9cbd1e9124d1

    Suicide Rate Highest Among Rural Youths
    https://www.governing.com/topics/hea...al-youths.html

    Holmes County has the lowest suicide rate at 6.1, possibly because of its large Amish population. Fontanella said, "There's a lot of stigma around suicide around the Amish, and it's a very close-knit community."
    Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 03:15 PM.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Country Crude Suicide Rate Rank
    Lithuania 31.9 suicides per 100k 1
    Russia 31 suicides per 100k 2
    Guyana 29.2 suicides per 100k 3
    South Korea 26.9 suicides per 100k 4
    Belarus 26.2 suicides per 100k 5
    Suriname 22.8 suicides per 100k 6
    Kazakhstan 22.5 suicides per 100k 7
    Ukraine 22.4 suicides per 100k 8
    Latvia 21.2 suicides per 100k 10
    Lesotho 21.2 suicides per 100k 9
    Belgium 20.7 suicides per 100k 11
    Hungary 19.1 suicides per 100k 12
    Slovenia 18.6 suicides per 100k 13
    Japan 18.5 suicides per 100k 14
    Uruguay 18.4 suicides per 100k 15
    Estonia 17.8 suicides per 100k 16
    France 17.7 suicides per 100k 17
    Switzerland 17.2 suicides per 100k 18
    Croatia 16.5 suicides per 100k 19
    Equatorial Guinea 16.4 suicides per 100k 20
    India 16.3 suicides per 100k 21
    Poland 16.2 suicides per 100k 22
    Moldova 15.9 suicides per 100k 24
    Finland 15.9 suicides per 100k 23
    Serbia 15.6 suicides per 100k 26
    Austria 15.6 suicides per 100k 25
    United States 15.3 suicides per 100k 27
    Sweden 14.8 suicides per 100k 28
    Sri Lanka 14.6 suicides per 100k 29
    Thailand 14.4 suicides per 100k 31
    Kiribati 14.4 suicides per 100k 30
    Portugal 14 suicides per 100k 33
    Iceland 14 suicides per 100k 32
    Cuba 13.9 suicides per 100k 34
    El Salvador 13.7 suicides per 100k 35
    Trinidad And Tobago 13.6 suicides per 100k 37
    Germany 13.6 suicides per 100k 36
    Luxembourg 13.5 suicides per 100k 38
    Australia 13.2 suicides per 100k 39
    Mongolia 13 suicides per 100k 40
    Slovakia 12.8 suicides per 100k 42
    Denmark 12.8 suicides per 100k 41
    Netherlands 12.6 suicides per 100k 43
    Canada 12.5 suicides per 100k 44
    Norway 12.2 suicides per 100k 48

    http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...te-by-country/



    What do all these countries have in common?
    theyre all run by socialist pro satanists who want to destroy america for the glory of their dark master

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is your caricature of motherhood... not mine.
    Motherhood and unescapable marriages being the only option is not a choice that's the opposite of choice.

    Look up communities with highest amount of religious uniformity and they hav[quotee the least suicide rates... a good example are the Amish, and Orthodox Jews themselves.

    Suicide rates among Jewish teens drop as religious devotion grows, study finds
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.9cbd1e9124d1
    A fluff piece from 4 years ago with a sample size of 620 such an amazing evidence you got there

  18. #278
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Motherhood being the only option is not a choice that's the opposite of choice.
    It is not the only option, there are and were women doing a bunch of things besides that... but it is one of the most important "options" we have as living organism. Men have yet figured out a way to make new life without women, nor how to raise them properly without two or more adults supporting each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    A fluff piece from 4 years ago with a sample size of 620 such an amazing evidence you got there
    I grew up in it; the secular Jews are doing much worse then the religious. But look for yourself.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  19. #279
    Pretty sure every time statistics is brought up the sample size is questioned, and someone has to point out that you only need a sample size of something like 400 to be able to extrapolate into a population of millions with strong accuracy (if a statistician wants to chip in with the actual numbers be my guest).

    Whether 600 is enough to extrapolate to 300 million I'm not sure but it probably isn't too far off. Someone who knows this in more detail can probably flesh it out; but essentially the amount of people you need to get a pretty good impression is comparatively tiny. Its more about how you select that 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam..._term=04089%20

    Suicidal behaviour has nearly doubled among children aged 5 and 18, with suicidal thoughts and attempts leading to more than 1.1 millions ER visits in 2015 -- up from 580,000 in 2007.

    Along with that:

    The number of Americans who don’t have sex reaches all-time high — and young men are the most affected by the ‘drought’
    https://www.zmescience.com/science/n...drought-04232/

    There was mini-documentary on the rising "Deaths of Despair" in America that touched on this issue:



    I think this will increase going forward because the main issues are not being dealt with in our society. And it has nothing to do with "diversity" and "equality".
    Attention seeking millennial snowflakes, end of story

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •