Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some really good points and information. Kids do seem to be more fragile than they use to be. Some kid is bullied on the internet and they feel bad enough about it to take their own lives? I was bullied, I fought back and developed a tough skin. My dad taught me to defend myself.
    *nod*... I mostly played by myself, so never really got bullied (also probably because I was usually the tallest guy in class, (I am 6'1 now)), but when it did happen, I just laughed it off, or learned to emotionally get used to it enough where it did not bother me, I just rolled me eyes (internally) and walked away.

I was lucky (or unlucky, depending on your stance on fighting and getting to know your limit) and never actually got into any fights in school/high school, etc.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

I think the tech we have today is having effects like this on younger people who are unable and unequipped to handle the type of information coming their way, and how to manage and filter what info and images come their way. This is not an attack on our technology today, it's amazing, and isn't going anywhere, but we really need to look at how it effecting people negatively, especially social media.

Notice how minorities don't have the problem?

I wonder how minority children compare with white children?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post

I'm an ethnic minority, I've definitely dealt with depression, struggling with loneliness and isolation and low self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The main issue is poverty, and 50% of the country lives in it.

But MSM will have you believe things like immigration and "moral decay" are the reasons why America is in the shitter.
    Suicide is up just over 400% with preteen girls over the last decade. Social media and never escaping being bullied, feeling less than and other issues are literally killing kids. Parents need to step in for sure, I know there isn't a chance in hell my kids or any neices/nephews will be on or are on social media sources until they are older and smart enough to handle the cesspit that the internet can be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post

You mean to the same degree with others. They still have the problem. But race discussions is a forbidden topic on this forum. It is best to just leave it as a people problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Suicide is up just over 400% with preteen girls over the last decade. Social media and never escaping being bullied, feeling less than and other issues are literally killing kids. Parents need to step in for sure, I know there isn't a chance in hell my kids or any neices/nephews will be on or are on social media sources until they are older and smart enough to handle the cesspit that the internet can be.
    I agree with this as a very possible root cause.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

Social media does draw in females more than males, i think that's obvious. So, it is most likely effecting them more. I have no idea what it feels like to be a teen with this kind of thing, but I'm sure its extremely confusing. The internet isn't a substitute for real human contact, and I think that's whats happening. These young folks are having a reality crisis.

Whew lad, look at that spike in non-hispanic whites. Go figure that being told you're the devil would have such horrible side effects.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Iphones and Ipads. Reason number 1. Kids don't know what a playground is. They don't even know what is to play with sticks. Parents hand them Ipads "Play with this and be quiet". After a while kid is like "Is this what life is like? Pretty boring, I guess I kill myself".

Lack of community, lack of Church/spirituality, more ways to cover up and mask problems than ever before, addictive behaviors as well as substances... they could all contribute to it. I think schools obviously not being as healthy as they used to be is a big part of the issue. The racial disparity might be the result of a lack of resilience that exacerbates the other issues mentioned in a statistically significant way. Regardless of skin color, minority status inherently has some adversity associated with it, no matter what country you are living in-and I think most people agree that does create resilience.

This is probably an odd thought, but one I haven't been able to shake. I think American culture is missing a Norman Rockwell type persona. Someone that is able to visually define the American experience and give catharsis and meaning to the everyday struggle. Of course, Rockwell was from a period of time when it was okay to be American; and he was generally supported by the culture at large-media wasn't as fractured. Maybe what I'm trying to say is that since culture isn't really creating a Norman Rockwell type, it is indicative of greater societal distress/issues. I know that dusting off and looking at an old Rockwell calendar is more of a unique experience than it should be? I'm still coalescing my thoughts around this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    If you're unable to find someone to have sex with, it's time for some serious introspection. It's your own fault if you can't.
    Coming from a woman, it seems extremely comical. Not sure if it's your typical trolling, or if you're really this oblivious to reality.

Also, everyone knows that for a woman, to find someone to have sex with, all you need to do is exist. And be willing. There are absolutely no other requirements. Even the biggest landwhales can easily find some desperate dudes if they want to.

For guys? Yeeeah...If you take a look at some of the stats from "dating" apps, where over 80% of men get absolutely no matches whatsoever...Somehow I'm willing to believe that situation for young men is not looking good. Especially since they're still young enough, and brainwashed enough, to believe that women are the one and only source of happiness. Doesn't really surprise me that those who can't find someone, get more and more depressed, even to the point of suicide. The fact that society mocks and blames them for everything, even simply existing, or being born with a penis, isn't helping much either.

And frankly, it will only keep getting worse. Unless we stop this bullshit programming where women=happiness, and teach young boys to find happiness within themselves, I'm fairly certain that suicide rates amongst <20yo, or even <30yo men will reach truly astronomical numbers. And yet, society will keep ignoring it, since obviously The Future is Female, and only our precious girls matter.

Oh well. I'll be in my basement, eagerly awaiting the decline of western civilizaiton as we know it. Very curious how our Feminist Overlords will manage, once there are no more men to bail them out of troubles
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You mean to the same degree with others. They still have the problem. But race discussions is a forbidden topic on this forum. It is best to just leave it as a people problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this as a very possible root cause.
    Go back maybe 15 to 20 years and most kids 13 and under don't even know what suicide is much less think about it. Kids can be extremely cruel, add in how shitty people often are online and it is a perfect storm of awful behavior.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Agreed, and it is not just 50 year olds, suicide is up for every demographic except for those that have a spiritual/community support network.
    Suicides are up higher among white and native American men. What are these two groups going through that black men aren't?

It's interesting to note the suicide rate is very high in SK and Japan, however the same groups in America do not seem to experience the same rates. It might be that a more lax culture is complimenting a background of stress/discipline such that they are still successful but not to the edge of those back in Asia.
    Last edited by Raybourne; 2019-04-11 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of black culture in America having a strong spirituality does he site where he found that and what the spirituality was?
    Not trying to sound catty or rude or anything, but how many black people do you actually know? Religion/spiritually is deeply ingrained into black culture and always has been. Spirituals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Coming from a woman, it seems extremely comical. Not sure if it's your typical trolling, or if you're really this oblivious to reality.

Also, everyone knows that for a woman, to find someone to have sex with, all you need to do is exist. And be willing. There are absolutely no other requirements. Even the biggest landwhales can easily find some desperate dudes if they want to.
    Jinro might be an exception to that rule. I'm not sure even the horniest guy out there could put up with her repeatedly asking dumb questions and staring in mute lack of comprehension then asking the same question again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Suicides are up higher among white and native American men. What are these two groups going through that black men aren't?

It's interesting to note the suicide rate is very high in SK and Japan, however the same groups in America do not seem to experience the same rates. It might be that a more lax culture is complimenting a background of stress/discipline such that they are still successful but not to the edge of those back in Asia.
    I think talking about this is easier with statistics then individual cases, but this post from Theo is spot on (psychologically):

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post51057109
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51057200

Native Americans and "White" people in the US, interestingly have the same issue... both lack roots, one by choice (sorta, kinda, if their ancestors moved by choice to the states), one due to America pretty much decimating their cultural identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

It's interesting to note the suicide rate is very high in SK and Japan, however, the same groups in America do not seem to experience the same rates. It might be that a more lax culture is complimenting a background of stress/discipline such that they are still successful but not to the edge of those back in Asia.
    I think every country will have a different context, but in America, I'd say White and Native American Men both have a similar lack of Cultural Continuity either real or percieved to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think talking about this is easier with statistics then individual cases, but this post from Theo is spot on (psychologically):

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post51057109
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51057200

Native Americans and "White" people in the US, interestingly have the same issue... both lack roots, one by choice (sorta, kinda, if their ancestors moved by choice to the states), one due to America pretty much decimating their cultural identity.
    For Native Americans is both perceived and very materially real. Likely today the current speakers of Navajo will be the last native speakers of that language, within their lifetime the voice of their people will fade into history and die. As with all native Americans, whatever sense of "Us" there was is being utterly annihilated.

For "White" Americans it still is more perceived than direct, but there does exist a set of cultural assumptions. The TVTrope of acceptable ethnic targets comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Not trying to sound catty or rude or anything, but how many black people do you actually know? Religion/spiritually is deeply ingrained into black culture and always has been. Spirituals?
    american ones? zero as i'm Canadian. my family is half black how ever, and mostly Christian. But i don't normally think of African Americans in the same light as my family/people i know as we didn't have ties to slavery and the cultural destruction that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    For Native Americans is both perceived and very materially real. Likely today the current speakers of Navajo will be the last native speakers of that language, within their lifetime the voice of their people will fade into history and die. As with all native Americans, whatever sense of "Us" there was is being utterly annihilated.

For "White" Americans it still is more perceived than direct, but there does exist a set of cultural assumptions. The TVTrope of acceptable ethnic targets comes into play.
    *nod* I am or am not white depending on who you ask... but being a first gen immigrant I do still feel a connection to Russia, and more transcendentally a "Jewish" history that I learned about in the religious private school I went to the first few years of living in the US (the Jewish Org that relocated us to the US insisted).

I am not sure how fully "white" Americans people feel personally, but just observationally I agree with you, they seem to feel like their culture is either dying, getting worse, or they tend to have no real cultural identity at all... except maybe loosely associated with their hometowns. The exceptions are religous white people, and Jews who see themselves as white.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Spirituality is deeply ingrained in the United States with the vast majority of people across all races believing in god. Spirituality does not play any part in suicide rates look at countries like Guyana and Russia.