Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not think I am that intelligent, and I am purposely speaking cryptically due to religion being a banned topic here. I am not using a dictionary... but I am flattered you think I am.
    So you think the way to peace on earth is through.. religion? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    So you think the way to peace on earth is through.. religion? Are you serious?
    Not religion per se... understanding religion, and in so doing understanding yourself... Jung can help with that...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Not religion per se... understanding religion... Jung can help with that...
    How does any of that relate to this? Your point is still not being made. People have figured out that religion is pointless, and have stopped living by the standards of society, and started living by their own wants and needs. Women have a right to not want to have sex with every nasty degenerate male, and if there is a "sex" drought, men should try harder. Work out, clean yourself up, dress nicely, anything to make you more attractive. People don't want kids, kid's are a burden. The thing about today's society is that people have choice. True choice, to follow and do as they please without having to worry about social norms.

There's too many people on this planet anyways, who cares if the birth rate is declining? It's literally a better thing for the planet and the human race if humans slow down.

How does any of that relate to this? Your point is still not being made. People have figured out that religion is pointless, and have stopped living by the standards of society, and started living by their own wants and needs. Women have a right to not want to have sex with every nasty degenerate male, and if there is a "sex" drought, men should try harder. Work out, clean yourself up, dress nicely, anything to make you more attractive. People don't want kids, kid's are a burden. The thing about today's society is that people have choice. True choice, to follow and do as they please without having to worry about social norms.

There's too many people on this planet anyways, who cares if the birth rate is declining? It's literally a better thing for the planet and the human race if humans slow down.
    Then you have it all figured out, enjoy the show.

Then you have it all figured out, enjoy the show.
    What show? This conversation is pointless, you are completely incapable of actually explaining your view. Must be a troll.

What show? This conversation is pointless, you are completely incapable of actually explaining your view. Must be a troll.
    This show, the show outside, the show on the global stage with all its actors.

I don't think it's hard to really narrow down the root cause of this. People are exposed to so much more of the world and the ugly parts of culture in this age of internet use that often starts as early as the toddler years. Young brains (and some old, honestly...) can't handle this onslaught of information and unfiltered discussion that honestly parents don't do a good enough job protecting young minds from.

Honestly, society as a whole wasn't really ready for the internet the way it is now. Websites like Twitter and Facebook are constantly barraging people with news and information that's somehow both not enough and too much all at once.

And yeah, other people have touched the fact that we're running on an almost decade-long recession that's only really gotten worse. The US fetishizing wealth to the point where we have a president that has almost no other credentials other than "well, he's rich" is probably the most disgusting evidence of this, but it spreads out further onto social media and the idolization of the wealthy and beautiful. This was always a thing, sure, but the unfiltered access to the internet gives younger and younger kids access to this kind of shit from a young age and carries into young adulthood.

Wait...

THE U.S. BIRTH RATE IS STILL FALLING
    https://psmag.com/news/the-us-birth-...-still-falling

U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...o-a-record-low

Birth rate is falling across the Western world. Incels are, however, only growing...
    It is falling but my point was we are not at Japan level of birth rates, the only places where birth rates are growing generally involve population with lower education and or where women are pressured to basically be baby machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It is falling but my point was we are not at Japan level of birth rates, the only places where birth rates are growing generally involve population with lower education and or where women are pressured to basically be baby machines.
    Right, and it's why I said "wait". They will continue to drop.

Women are pressured by some cultures, in other cultures they realize themselves that they are the bringers of life, and leave the workforce to raise the next generation of humanity.

Belief alone is not enough. There has to be understanding, and experiencing what the religion is teaching. There are a bunch of "Jeeesus Freaks" out there, that are "True Believers" and are least like Jesus you can get.
    This is some terrible circular reasoning.

Religious people dont commit suicide but if they do its because they lack understanding of their religion.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    This is some terrible circular reasoning.

Religious people dont commit suicide but if they do its because they lack understanding of their religion.
    Is memorizing something the same thing as understanding it?

Or to put it in a different way, does memorizing X trivia mean that you understand the background of the thing you memorized?

You are yet to prove that incels are a growing part of the population.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    You are yet to prove that incels are a growing part of the population.
    Hard to prove the growth of a mostly underground "society". But going by forum subs, reddit sub numbers, etc, it seems to be growing.

That we are seeing Incel attacks more and more on the news is another indication. But I could be wrong, lets wait and see, if it gets worse I, and these studies were on to something, if it gets better we were wrong.

Though some are trying it seems:

Male Sexlessness is Rising But Not for the Reasons Incels Claim
    https://ifstudies.org/blog/male-sexl...s-incels-claim

This chart I found interesting:

Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 02:20 PM.

Right, and it's why I said "wait". They will continue to drop.
    most likely, the US has some of the most anti family policies including having the worse mortality rate for mothers not even going into things like depression.

Women are pressured by some cultures, in other cultures they realize themselves that they are the bringers of life, and leave the workforce to raise the next generation of humanity.
    You have examples of this?

most likely, the US has some of the most anti family policies including having the worse mortality rate for mothers not even going into things like depression.

You have examples of this?
    Orthodox Jews, Amish, Catholics, Some Hindu Sects, some Buddhist sects as well; The surviving Chaldeans, Sufis....etc, etc...

Orthodox Jews, Amish, Catholics, Some Hindu Sects, some Buddhist sects as well; The surviving Chaldeans, Sufis....etc, etc...
    You've just listed religions where women are pressured into being baby making machines and basically have no rights thanks for proving my point I guess.

You've just listed religions where women are pressured into being baby making machines and basically have no rights thanks for proving my point I guess.
    Women have a will of their own. They can leave those communities anytime they wish.

And people are pressured into all sorts of things by society and nature, some also take those things on willingly.

In this day and age women have the right to say as they please... thankfully.

A Glimpse Inside the Hidden World of Hasidic Women
    Orthodox Jewish women and men live in tightly defined, and separate, spheres. The photographer Sharon Pulwer was given a rare invitation to enter the private world of Brooklyn’s most Orthodox Jewish women.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/n...dic-women.html

Women have a lot more power than you think in these communities. In my home, my mother was pretty much the one that controlled the family life; though we are not Orthodox Jews; but rather Bukharian Jews.
    Last edited by Connal; 2019-04-11 at 02:42 PM.

Women have a will of their own. They can leave those communities anytime they wish.

And people are pressured into all sorts of things by society and nature, some also take those things on willingly.

In this day and age women have the right to say as they please... thankfully.

A Glimpse Inside the Hidden World of Hasidic Women
    Orthodox Jewish women and men live in tightly defined, and separate, spheres. The photographer Sharon Pulwer was given a rare invitation to enter the private world of Brooklyn’s most Orthodox Jewish women.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/n...dic-women.html

Women have a lot more power than you think in these communities. In my home, my mother was pretty much the one that controlled the family life; though we are not Orthodox Jews; but rather Bukharin Jews.
    They have the power to stay home and make babies in these communities they aren't even allowed to leave their husbands without being kicked out of their community. I am not sure if you realize how you are so not helping your point.

Culturally it maybe; if you read the sutras it’s not because the thing that matters is your mindset when you do it. Death in Buddhism is just a gateway to rebirth, or nirvana.
    Yeah I mean in thousands of years of Buddhism there are about 3 cases where it's been seen as a path to further enlightenment. The statement "Suicide is not seen as much of a sin" is false when regarding Buddhism. Despite it being non-Abrahamic.

(More's the pity but there you go).
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.