Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rise of Shadows thoughts?

How does the expansion "feel" for you guys atm?

THIS IS INSANE, because we lost so many power creep cards.
    Everyone is so "down to earth" now.
    The expansion feels great so far (while nothing overpowered has been discovered yet)

Just so you have an idea on how the power creep is so low, i just managed to reach rank 10 with a deck made up by me!
    And last expansion my decks couldnt get past rank 15.

Feels awesome so far.

(but i guess once people discover the new overpowered...it will be all the same thing again...i hope not)

EDIT: This is the deck im using
    https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...t-rank-10-atm/
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-10 at 01:00 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Playing against some of these decks with my Whizbang decks is a pain. For example, the Rogue Thief deck: they get a weapon that winds up with anywhere between 6-10 damage AND healing that they can smack you with every turn and never run out. Whizbang decks don't come with weapon removal. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Playing against some of these decks with my Whizbang decks is a pain. For example, the Rogue Thief deck: they get a weapon that winds up with anywhere between 6-10 damage AND healing that they can smack you with every turn and never run out. Whizbang decks don't come with weapon removal. @_@
    My main complaint so far is Shaman Murlock....probably Warrior.....and MAYBE Secret Paladin Aggro.
    The paladin is just a maybe, because im pretty sure without card draw they just dumb everything they got and pray for the best

I didnt know people still played Whizbang is it fun ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    My main complaint so far is Shaman Murlock....probably Warrior.....and MAYBE Secret Paladin Aggro.
    The paladin is just a maybe, because im pretty sure without card draw they just dumb everything they got and pray for the best

I didnt know people still played Whizbang is it fun ?
    Of course! Whizbang means you get all the pre-made Blizzard decks for the cost of a single card. It's well worth the investment, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    How does the expansion "feel" for you guys atm?

THIS IS INSANE, because we lost so many power creep cards.
    Everyone is so "down to earth" now.
    The expansion feels great so far (while nothing overpowered has been discovered yet)

Just so you have an idea on how the power creep is so low, i just managed to reach rank 10 with a deck made up by me!
    And last expansion my decks couldnt get past rank 15.

Feels awesome so far.

(but i guess once people discover the new overpowered...it will be all the same thing again...i hope not)

EDIT: This is the deck im using
    https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...t-rank-10-atm/

Thats terrible deck, I would love to go against you.

Anyway, I was looking forward to the bomb warrior mechanics and its great, I had to play around with it for a while, first 8 games were all losses, but since then Im at 19-3 and rank 4 (which is the highest I ever got, but I admit watching streamers like Kibbler, DisguisedToast and Kripp lately has been a huuuuge help in understanding the game better)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Thats terrible deck, I would love to go against you.

Anyway, I was looking forward to the bomb warrior mechanics and its great, I had to play around with it for a while, first 8 games were all losses, but since then Im at 19-3 and rank 4 (which is the highest I ever got, but I admit watching streamers like Kibbler, DisguisedToast and Kripp lately has been a huuuuge help in understanding the game better)
    My only chance at winning against your warrior is if you draw extremely bad and without any card draw...
    I just won a warrior like that but i was EXTREMELY LUCKY

Warrior is in an amazing spot right now...its incredible seeing warrior coming on top

Not played for a couple expansions but I jumped on first night for about 5 hours and played against the same 5-6 decks the entire time.
    Even in casual or when you aren't pushing ranks and just want to have fun with decks you actually made yourself, the powerful decks are there putting a stop to that.
    After a couple hours i would concede instantly if a bomb or paladin secret was played. Getting rushed down by hunters and shamans before my decks get started isn't fun.
    At least i would get some decent games from the rest of the classes.

This is what made me stop playing in the first place.

Arena is a giant shitshow of being lucky to get powerful spike cards, otherwise you're SoL.
    Not touching standard, it's not fun to play against the same 3-4 S tier decks constantly.

It feels pretty hard to craft a deck now. There's a lot of new deck archetypes that don't quite work yet, and old ones that lost a lot of their value. Things feel very "basic" right now outside of a few decks that are a little too strong, notably hunters, shamans and warriors seem to have most of the tools they've enjoyed for a while and don't seem to have been hurt much by the expansions rotating out.

Not too keen on it so far, but we'll see. My favorite archetype right now, the Espionage rogue, got a lot of new toys and is actually a pretty decent B-tier deck so I might actually play standard a bit.

Bomb warrior is a bit over the top with just how many bombs they can shove into your deck.

Rogue/warrior/druid and shaman till an extent seem like clear winners.

I know Bomb Warrior is a bit on the strong side if not straight OP but I actually enjoy it especially if someone draws 3 bombs in a row. I'm also enjoying the new murloc shaman.

As a Paladin so far it doesn't feel very good. Maybe I haven't played the right deck yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cracked a Golden Tak so went thief rogue for the memes. Ended up countering bomb warriors pretty hard, evidently they lose steam when you bury their bombs in cards with the rogue scheme and academic espionage. A fun combo is wait til 10, Tak +prep + Academic espionage, you get some in your deck and get some in your hand with 3 mana to play them.

I went full meme and have basically every card that interacts with or creates a card from your opponents class. One of the best games i had, i discovered a Stormbringer, played that and got a shudderwock, then schemed the wock to dump 11 of them in my deck. Every turn after was just a clown fiesta of what happens...

If i could tune the deck to slightly better stabilize after getting hit with aggro i might have something that id play for a while.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m having fun with this expansion. I went in with almost 12k dust this time so I even crafted a golden Rafaam for the hell of it. Its not a great card, but if I’m in the mood, I turn my entire deck into random golden legendaries. I pretty much skipped standard last season, so this expansion so far has me coming back in.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fun, but I can't help but hate Archivist. It seems to be in almost every slower deck (Thanks to bomb warriors mainly), and most also have a way to play her more than once, making all slower "mirror" matchups ResidentSleeper as fuck.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

There are still some over-the-top cards such as Warpath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So, the solo adventure is out, and you can either buy the entire thing with money, or buy wings with gold. One perk they don't mention for buying all of them with money? It unlocks "Anomaly Mode", a random buff that affects the games. You can get it with gold... after buying all the wings. The problem? You can't buy all the wings with gold until they're released. T_T This means people who saved up gold are being punished for not forking over the cash. Sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game worth picking up if i only ever dabbled in this without having too many cards from other expansions?

How does HoTS in general compare to other card games (preferably those with mobile versions as this will be mostly played on my phone)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much entirely burned out on Hearthstone. The last meta I really enjoyed was during Kobolds & Catacombs, and my favorite classes are mostly dumpster tier right now and my favorite class is getting the short end of the stick with the upcoming buffs so I'm not even really excited for them. Cyclone Giants Mage and Holy Wrath Paladin are the only decks right now I enjoy playing.

The new single player campaign is really good, but there's nothing driving me to keep going in and playing again right now. I really wish they had some daily or weekly quests for the solo content. Right now there are just other things (games/shows) I'd rather spend my time with.