Poll: Honorless target for landing at FP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hmmmm first of all i remember that the Flight Master guys were quite strong and were aggressive towards enemy faction.
    Weren't they spawning birds and stuff like that ?
    The natural Hubs i dont remember what was the deal there , but even in Tanaris you had 2 different flight masters.
    +You had like a "phase buff" when you landed that you didnt give honor ... of course some people would just be AFK because flights took like 10 minutes sometimes so they were killed.

I really struggle with this idea for one reason .. Its your choice to be on PVP server , want to be in PVP get ready to being farmed in STV and farm over quest mobs.....
    so should we put a "buff" that if its a 2 or 3 people party killing one person they shouldn't get honor ? it is unfair but it is what it is the world is dangerous hehe
    Last edited by PavelGolub; 2019-04-11 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    Hmmmm first of all i remember that the Flight Master guys were quite strong and were aggressive towards enemy faction.
    Weren't they spawning birds and stuff like that ?
    The natural Hubs i dont remember what was the deal there , but even in Tanaris you had 2 different flight masters.
    +You had like a "phase buff" when you landed that you didnt give honor ... of course some people would just be AFK because flights took like 10 minutes sometimes so they were killed.

I really struggle with this idea for one reason .. Its your choice to be on PVP server , want to be in PVP get ready to being farmed in STV and farm over quest mobs.....
    so should we put a "buff" that if its a 2 or 3 people party killing one person they shouldn't get honor ? it is unfair but it is what it is the world is dangerous hehe
    fact checking,

Flight masters weren't aggressive to the opposite faction until attacked. 1 or 2 players could solo a flight master, they also had a "big" respawn time.

Tanaris had 1 flight master for each faction. There was no phase buff when you landed from a flight path, you only got the phase buff when you used hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There was no phase buff when you landed from a flight path, you only got the phase buff when you used hearthstone.
    Wrong, check 1.4.1 patchnotes for vanilla. Some (not all) current "vanilla" realms dont have it yes but that isnt blizz like. You can easily just cc the victim and wait for the 30 second buff tho.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-11 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Wrong, check 1.4.1 patchnotes for vanilla. Some (not all) current "vanilla" realms dont have it yes but that isnt blizz like. You can easily just cc the victim and wait for the 30 second buff tho.
    Honorless Target - Players who just land from a gryphon/wyvern, or step out of an instance will gain this buff for 30 seconds during which this target will give no contribution points if killed. This was originally implemented in the previous patch, but was kept invisible.

it seems you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    The most rare situation on pvp server is .... pvp.
    99% of time you are crushed by level ?? player.
    And how is this scenario not PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER? please explain
    Not fair? Sure as hell! But so is life as well.
    But luckily there is an option for people who don't want to end up in such scenario - PVE server.
    If you don't have the balls to take on such stuff you roll on carebear servers and enjoy the game without that

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    And how is this scenario not PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER? please explain
    Not fair? Sure as hell! But so is life as well.
    But luckily there is an option for people who don't want to end up in such scenario - PVE server.
    If you don't have the balls to take on such stuff you roll on carebear servers and enjoy the game without that
    killing grey level player is pvp for you ? Ok.. then we have different understanding of that word.
    Not fair? Sure as hell! But so is life as well - ehm, ok? But we are talking about pc game... I would suggest to not compare it with reallife. If you can't distinguish between real life and pc game.. again, you have a problem.

Yes, Pve server is solution.

If you don't have the balls - what bullshit is this? So i can roll rogue, be in stealth, wait for player with lower level pull mobs, let him bleed, then finish him and call myself a pvp heroe.. that are balls you are talking about, right?
    Its posible, you can do that... it's not what i am interested in.

I like pvp because its more challenging (for me) and its better feeling improve yourself compare to rest of playerbase. its better then defeat ui.
    Bu DEFEAT ... not kill when he/she has no chance to fight back. That would't make me better player xD

And be farmed by ?? is not interesting, has no value for me and my time is too valuable to waste it on such sad people.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Do you understand that only difference between pvp and pve realms is fact on pve realm you can disable pvp right? You can easly play on pve realm and turn on pvp when you are lvl 60.
    Yes i understand what means pve realm
    Last edited by Nargoron; 2019-04-12 at 06:40 AM.

What do you mean by adding honorless target? It was added in 1.4 and was a debuff that caused you to grant no honor for 30 seconds after you landed.

It also kicks in when exiting an instance or using your hearthstone.

This seems like a non issue since it's already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was never fair. In a sense, that gave it more freedom, even if it also massively empowered griefers (hell, even just talking about it empowers them - just look at this very thread). As annoying as it is, especially for those like me for whom rolling on a PvE server is not an option (main group I play with explicitly wants to play on a PvP server), I don't see why the mechanic shouldn't stay the same as it originally was.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    What do you mean by adding honorless target? It was added in 1.4 and was a debuff that caused you to grant no honor for 30 seconds after you landed.

It also kicks in when exiting an instance or using your hearthstone.

This seems like a non issue since it's already in the game.
    Yeah, shouldn't this literally only be a problem in phase 1? Before there's an actual material incentive to PvP en masse? Phase 2 corresponds with patch 1.4, after all.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2019-04-12 at 08:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was added in 1.4 patch, so I don't see the reason why it won't be on classic since we'll begin with 1.12.

Graveyard fights were amazing! especially on raid days where most guilds would head to MC or BWL. The searing gorge FP would be a warzone.
    Our guild would group up in SW, buff up and all click the FP together, land together and go to town on whatever horde was waiting ...
    those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Vanilla was never fair. In a sense, that gave it more freedom, even if it also massively empowered griefers (hell, even just talking about it empowers them - just look at this very thread). As annoying as it is, especially for those like me for whom rolling on a PvE server is not an option (main group I play with explicitly wants to play on a PvP server), I don't see why the mechanic shouldn't stay the same as it originally was.

Yeah, shouldn't this literally only be a problem in phase 1? Before there's an actual material incentive to PvP en masse? Phase 2 corresponds with patch 1.4, after all.
    Without a honor system in place, FP camping will be very rare. There are far better places to pvp for the sake of it. So only people that go out of their way exclusively to make people miserable will do it.

As for when the honor system is released, that's another reality. Menethil harbor has a constant flow of honor landing but it's a tricky place with 2 civilian npcs in close proximity.

Felwood is a great place and so is ungoro or EPL for the horde. As is searing gorge and kargath for the alliance or burning steppes. There's a lot of fps to gank x)
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-04-12 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So only people that go out of their way exclusively to make people miserable will do it.
    The one thing that gives OP's gripe legitimacy is the fact that specifically when it comes to Vanilla, there are a LOT of such people. Again, just look at this very thread. These people will fight and die for their right to grief others to the absolute best of their ability. I can easily see why someone would be upset by that.

The one thing that gives OP's gripe legitimacy is the fact that specifically when it comes to Vanilla, there are a LOT of such people. Again, just look at this very thread. These people will fight and die for their right to grief others to the absolute best of their ability. I can easily see why someone would be upset by that.
    I think you're just being too dramatic. Like I said this will be a reality. It's up to people that can't cope with it to make a choice and roll on a pve server if they feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    PvE servers are the answer. I'm actually really excited for all the whining that's going to happen on PVP servers, private server players have been honing their game for years, and are going to turn PVP servers into even bigger cesspools than they were in Vanilla. The tears will flow. The delicious, salty tears.
    this, this so much. cannot wait for the vanilla QQ threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    A big complaint with Phase 2 is that flight paths will be camped for max honor gain, why not go the route of honorless target when you land? I’m pretty sure honorless target existed in vanilla for players zoning in and out of instances, adding this to when players land seems fair.

Camping flight paths was not a Vanilla thing outside of trolling, it was only a viable strat that came about after the original Vanilla era ended.
    It's funny to me how people want to have all good stuff of pvp server, but don't want bad stuff (aka, getting wpvp'ed).

Newsflash - it won't help. Players kill others and camp flight masters for the sake of it, because they think it's fun, not to farm honour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    From experience from private servers...
    The most rare situation on pvp server is .... pvp.
    99% of time you are crushed by level ?? player.
    It's still pvp. You not liking it doesn't make it less of pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Why is this thread still going? Honorlessness is applied when you land in Vanilla since 1.4, end of story.

MMOChampion forums are a horrible cesspool of entertainment.

Well they probably added it because people were being dicks and camping flight masters, it would be fucking weird if they removed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    A big complaint with Phase 2 is that flight paths will be camped for max honor gain, why not go the route of honorless target when you land? I’m pretty sure honorless target existed in vanilla for players zoning in and out of instances, adding this to when players land seems fair.

Camping flight paths was not a Vanilla thing outside of trolling, it was only a viable strat that came about after the original Vanilla era ended.
    This won't work.
    Many people in vanilla were clinically sadistic.
    They would one-shot greys for no gain, only for the sick "pleasure" of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just being too dramatic. Like I said this will be a reality. It's up to people that can't cope with it to make a choice and roll on a pve server if they feel like it
    No such thing as too dramatic when we're talking about Vanilla, the absolute worst time for the game from a community standpoint.

No such thing as too dramatic when we're talking about Vanilla, the absolute worst time for the game from a community standpoint.
    I'm starting to think your problem is the existence of a community, not so much how a few people behave..