Poll: Honorless target for landing at FP

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Honorless target when landing at a flight path

A big complaint with Phase 2 is that flight paths will be camped for max honor gain, why not go the route of honorless target when you land? I’m pretty sure honorless target existed in vanilla for players zoning in and out of instances, adding this to when players land seems fair.

Camping flight paths was not a Vanilla thing outside of trolling, it was only a viable strat that came about after the original Vanilla era ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    A big complaint with Phase 2 is that flight paths will be camped for max honor gain, why not go the route of honorless target when you land? I’m pretty sure honorless target existed in vanilla for players zoning in and out of instances, adding this to when players land seems fair.

Camping flight paths was not a Vanilla thing outside of trolling, it was only a viable strat that came about after the original Vanilla era ended.
    Or just play on a PvE server and problem solved.

I aim to be the terror of whatever server I play. I’ll be killing the landers either way.

7+ Year Old Account

Camping flight paths was very much a thing, just like camping graveyards, because i did that alot and it was a trend xD

People are always gonna kill what they want and it kinda creates a confronting situation, if you are already attacked when you enter a basecamp
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Lol, my only reason for wanting to avoid flight path camping is that I don’t want to compete with cheese tactics when aiming for early ranks. I’d prefer phase 2 to be a slaughter fest not a killing semi-afk people spree.

Patchnotes: Honorless Target - Players who just land from a gryphon/wyvern, or step out of an instance will gain this buff for 30 seconds during which this target will give no contribution points if killed. This was originally implemented in the previous patch, but was kept invisible.
    Honorless target buff for 30 seconds after landing is a thing in vanilla (1.4 patch). However you can just cc the target until its gone but there will be enough idiots who just instantly kill the target.

Just fight back tbh. Make groups and fuck em. Classic has the advantage that we wont have 50% chinese bots .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-10 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Camping flight paths was very much a thing, just like camping graveyards, because i did that alot and it was a trend xD

People are always gonna kill what they want and it kinda creates a confronting situation, if you are already attacked when you enter a basecamp

My friends and I ended up causing massive horde Vs alliance battles by doing the same, it’s fun don’t get me wrong, I just don’t want it to be the most optimal method for Ranking up. Completely destroying the opposite faction in every way possible is a blast, but Phase 2 has the opportunity to be the most legit epic large scale world PvP seen in over a decade, this easy ‘fix’ would keep the emphasis more on the fight and less of the farm.

Lol, my only reason for wanting to avoid flight path camping is that I don’t want to compete with cheese tactics when aiming for early ranks. I’d prefer phase 2 to be a slaughter fest not a killing semi-afk people spree.
    I leveled originally on a PvP server in Vanilla, and never again will I subject myself to that horror lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    PvE/RP server ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE servers are the answer. I'm actually really excited for all the whining that's going to happen on PVP servers, private server players have been honing their game for years, and are going to turn PVP servers into even bigger cesspools than they were in Vanilla. The tears will flow. The delicious, salty tears.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    PvE/RP server ftw.
    This.

PvE servers FTW. No having to deal with rankers and gankers.

If honor is what you're after BG's are the place to go. Flight path campers are just grievers - their targets are much lower in level and they won't give any honor.

Honorless target is a joke of a mechanism, even in classic. No one will give a crap if someone is worth honor or not outside battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    PvE servers are the answer. I'm actually really excited for all the whining that's going to happen on PVP servers, private server players have been honing their game for years, and are going to turn PVP servers into even bigger cesspools than they were in Vanilla. The tears will flow. The delicious, salty tears.
    I'm quite curious to know how many servers will launch per region.

Diluting the private server population through a bunch of servers would be the best for everyone involved. While there's always a few fresh faces, I've been playing, ranking and raiding with a lot of the same people for around 5 years now. Another private server X clone would just be more of the same.

While I'm not against a bunch of friends coordinating to play on the same server(obviously), trying to migrate the population from a private server onto a new classic server is doing everyone a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Classic has the advantage that we wont have 50% chinese bots .
    Hahaha - you’ll have 100x more since gold was a rare commodity then. I’m assuming tokens won’t exist either so enjoy your gold spammers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Hahaha - you’ll have 100x more since gold was a rare commodity then. I’m assuming tokens won’t exist either so enjoy your gold spammers.
    He's talking about chinese players. Most private servers are really multi-national. There's always at least 6k people online at a given time because there's EU prime, US prime and China prime.

The china bot is mostly a meme because most chinese players speak in blank messages or not at all because they don't have an English keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    thats just BS, it's about healthy competition. landing and getting bazooked by rooftop casters is a issue. it's like going in for a landing and seeing the shitfest that is going to be your dead.

- - - Updated - - -

can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm quite curious to know how many servers will launch per region.

Diluting the private server population through a bunch of servers would be the best for everyone involved. While there's always a few fresh faces, I've been playing, ranking and raiding with a lot of the same people for around 5 years now. Another private server X clone would just be more of the same.

While I'm not against a bunch of friends coordinating to play on the same server(obviously), trying to migrate the population from a private server onto a new classic server is doing everyone a disservice.
    They'll definitely split to some degree, but that's actually potentially a bad thing, all it takes is one guild to make the server a shit show. They have enough time/knowledge/players to rush to 60 in 1-2 weeks and start cockblocking the major zones, so if you didn't get lucky and pick the right faction, you're basically fucked unless you play odd hours, and even then. I'm curious to see how they'll play out.... from a distance, of course. I'll be happily leveling on my PvE server, probably with some popcorn. Vanilla already takes forever, I don't need some shitter running around corpse camping everyone yelling kek making it take 10x longer. I don't see how people find that fun.

I hope everyone likes paying out the ass for Devilsaur gear, if you're even on the faction that can get it.

I was 100% sure, that I am gonna be on PVP server. I love pvp, so its a clear choice, right?
    The world is more dangerous, you have to pay attention, be ready! You have to adapt your leveling build for this pvp parts.

but,NO....

From experience from private servers...
    The most rare situation on pvp server is .... pvp.
    99% of time you are crushed by level ?? player.

Its by far away from reach of my understanding how far can ,,people" go just to ruin unknown people game experience.
    Typical example:
    Undead 60 rogue sitting in Stonewatch keep, killing this lvl 20 players making their quests...
    And its not that he came to kill for 10 mins, make some ,,keks" and go on...
    That person is able to si there entire friday evening...
    Saturday morning..
    Saturday evening...
    and guess what? On Sunday, he is still there
    (I am aware, that there is alliance heroes doing the same to horde...)

And stop your ,,tasty tears" bullshit... iam not mad, i am mad when i lose fair fight, that I am noob and i should be better.
    But this time? I am just... i can't understand this. This people ale ill, they need psychologist, because dude... you have a real life problem.

So, conclusion?
    This 1% of fair fight, when u have fun, you learn how to play better, you test your skill and your reactions...
    It's not worth the the you lose by this sad sad people wasting their (and your) time for absolutely nothing.

They'll definitely split to some degree, but that's actually potentially a bad thing, all it takes is one guild to make the server a shit show. They have enough time/knowledge/players to rush to 60 in 1-2 weeks and start cockblocking the major zones, so if you didn't get lucky and pick the right faction, you're basically fucked unless you play odd hours, and even then. I'm curious to see how they'll play out.... from a distance, of course. I'll be happily leveling on my PvE server, probably with some popcorn. Vanilla already takes forever, I don't need some shitter running around corpse camping everyone yelling kek making it take 10x longer. I don't see how people find that fun.

I hope everyone likes paying out the ass for Devilsaur gear, if you're even on the faction that can get it.
    It's going to be bad for the non-pvper or someone that doesn't find a group of competent people to play with. I can assure you though that it would be a lot worse if the honor system was released from the start. On private servers people start ranking on day 1 which means killing everything that barely resembles a player.

Something I would advise against is underestimating the private server player, people sometimes use the argument that private servers are not tuned correctly bla bla bla. I'm not going to go in depth into that but if you're going with that mindset, you're in for a rude awakening.

Dont be semi afk? Dude this is mmorpg not *** compettive game so stop trying to make this game fair. If you dont like it play on pve realm and turn on pvp when you want to pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchedTV View Post
    thats just BS, it's about healthy competition. landing and getting bazooked by rooftop casters is a issue. it's like going in for a landing and seeing the shitfest that is going to be your dead.

- - - Updated - - -

can't wait!
    If you are looing for healthy compettion in mmorpg you gonna have bad time. This kind of games are not for meant to be fair. And creating some artificial rules only damages game immersion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    I was 100% sure, that I am gonna be on PVP server. I love pvp, so its a clear choice, right?
    The world is more dangerous, you have to pay attention, be ready! You have to adapt your leveling build for this pvp parts.

but,NO....

From experience from private servers...
    The most rare situation on pvp server is .... pvp.
    99% of time you are crushed by level ?? player.

Its by far away from reach of my understanding how far can ,,people" go just to ruin unknown people game experience.
    Typical example:
    Undead 60 rogue sitting in Stonewatch keep, killing this lvl 20 players making their quests...
    And its not that he came to kill for 10 mins, make some ,,keks" and go on...
    That person is able to si there entire friday evening...
    Saturday morning..
    Saturday evening...
    and guess what? On Sunday, he is still there
    (I am aware, that there is alliance heroes doing the same to horde...)

And stop your ,,tasty tears" bullshit... iam not mad, i am mad when i lose fair fight, that I am noob and i should be better.
    But this time? I am just... i can't understand this. This people ale ill, they need psychologist, because dude... you have a real life problem.

So, conclusion?
    This 1% of fair fight, when u have fun, you learn how to play better, you test your skill and your reactions...
    It's not worth the the you lose by this sad sad people wasting their (and your) time for absolutely nothing.
    Do you understand that only difference between pvp and pve realms is fact on pve realm you can disable pvp right? You can easly play on pve realm and turn on pvp when you are lvl 60.